• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strider |OT| It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got Dat Schwing)

Teknoman

jN4nEjzLReraK.png

Just beat 2 again. Goddamn that was fun. A bit easy, even for a person who sucks at video games like myself, but damn was it fun. Really don't wanna have to beat Strider 1 just for a damn level tho.

pswii60

Just finished watching the Gamersyde video, it looks so good.

Makes it even more depressing that Amazon got a hold of Double Helix.
Funny seeing these posts after the DH hate following the KI announcement at E3.

Game does indeed look fantastic, been waiting all this time for a new Strider, and finally!

PBY

Banned
I don't want to buy this. I know I'm not gonna like it. But ima pay up and get it when it drops on PSN. Dat drought is killing me lol.

Hopefully it's good

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Good to know he left Eurasia alive after all. I'm optimistic about this, namely because the BC remake turned out so well. I know this isn't a straight remake, but as long as it has the sword flash working and the cartwheel jumps and some of the classic music in there, I'll be ready to smack down Palpatine again.

I don't think this game will do well, I don't know why people are convincing themselves Double Helix is a "great" developer, they're competent but no where near great..not yet at least.

Preordered on Steam, and Preordered the Japanese PS3 special edition package.

TOO FUCKING READY FOR THIS SHIT.

I even cosplayed the UMVC3 alt for strider in hype for this shit!

12400630913_29f6e4e49e_z.jpg

FUCK! I CAN'T BELIEVE HES BACK!!!

I feel laugh at your avatar pic, now seeing the whole thing i feel laugh more, please cosplay a super sayajin when you get a chance, you are brave and awesome!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I do find it quite unnverving that there's no previews or impressions this close from release. All journos aren't saying diddly on Twitter either. I have high hopes for this, and am in the mood for a Metroidvania-like experience. Hope this gets well recieved by the press.

Zeth

Most anticipated game right now. Got a bit over excited seeing 2/18 in the OP, it's 2/19 on Steam, not sure if that's just a timezone difference or what.

cackhyena

I do find it quite unnverving that there's no previews or impressions this close from release. All journos aren't saying diddly on Twitter either. I have high hopes for this, and am in the mood for a Metroidvania-like experience. Hope this gets well recieved by the press.

Arthur Gies from Polygon said he hopes to have his review up by midnight tonight.

Blues1990

One feature that I think is the coolest is that you can unlock (and customize) an assortment of outfits for Strider, so I'm definitely going to go and re-create his alternative colours from the Marvel vs. Capcom series.

Can anyone link to the Strider demo in the JPN web store?

i dont think its there, there's no PS4 category at all and its not under Demo section either.
unless you can find it by searching it with the japanese name? dunno.

PS4 wont let me in the store at all in the console either.

Silky

Banned
Does anyone have a rough idea of how long this game will be?

DH said 7-8 hours?

I don't think this game will do well, I don't know why people are convincing themselves Double Helix is a "great" developer, they're competent but no where near great..not yet at least.

There are very few developers in the west capable of making a competent, /balanced/ fighting game and at the same time making it accessible to newcomers. KI, developed by DH pulled it off.

I think that qualifies them to be a pretty damn good dev

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
DH said 7-8 hours?

I believe there's a PSN trophy for speed running the game in 4 hours. 4 hours for this kind of game makes it seem reasonably large. Typically you can speed run a 2d Metroid or Metroidvania in 1 to 3 hours, I think.

char0n

Can't decide if I should get the PC version and wait for PS+ for PS4, or PS4 then wait for a Steam sale if it's really good... Might be the latter as I definitely want to wait for word on PC "treated as a port" issues (like Dark Souls or more recently MGR not working fullscreen through my receiver due to it trying to run 1080@24 whenever I set it to 1080p in settings) and it being more likely to go on sale via steam then be a PS+ freebie any time soon.

branny

I'm already pissed thinking about the possibility of the store being updated super late tomorrow. I need this game!

Top Bottom