• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimadrago

Hey, part of the reason that I'm actually able to watch Sengoku Collection is that the designs are the usual drab otaku pander cranked up to insane levels! The stuff in Oda Nobuna is just passable enough to come off as soulless rather than actively on industrial-strength crack. It's that bad > boring philosophy again!

Aah, I see.
NuOTyl.jpg
It's because those cat designs are up to no good again which is more disrespectful to the figures on which they are based!

Right?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sounds like a terrible philosophy.

Hey, man, at least if I'm feeling revulsion it's a sign that my mind is being stimulated.

We should just compare them at the end of the season and see what was worse!

This is pretty much a given!

Aah, I see.

It's because those cat designs are up to no good again which is more disrespectful to the figures on which they are based!

Right?

That looks more loli than even Tokugawa Ieyasu or Tsukuhara Bokuden from Sengoku Collection.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So more focus on karuta? It makes me sad to see them focusing more on the one aspect that makes the anime bad.
It's the sports show problem where all the text is interested in is the sport and not the characters.

The only good thing is that
we'll see more of Arata, the Kanna-killer of this series.

survivor

Banned
It's the sports show problem where all the text is interested in is the sport and not the characters.

The only good thing is that
we'll see more of Arata, the Kanna-killer of this series.
That's why I feel that REAL is the only sports manga that gets it right. Characters first, wheelchair basketball second. Too bad it doesn't have an anime yet

Narag

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 2

Oh hey, censored graphic violence. That ruins even the exploitative shock value that might have redeemed this.
Now I get why they didn't really introduce anyone in the first ep since they were destined to be killed off by the second. :lol
And just when I think I'm about out, they
introduce a new mech and pull me right back in! Hinting that the protag levelled the fuck up after the closing time skip didn't hurt either.
Fuck.

There's bad and then there's this

Steroyd

Kuroko's Basketball - 14

I've been impartial to the old OP, but I don't like this new one any better.

And it looks like Aomine is going to get into Kagami's head, so this should be interesting.

La Storia della Arcana Famiglia 2
tumblr_m6ur2c4rue1ra8wgto1_500.png

Jolly is probably in the running for the best looking Alchemist in media, at this point in time, and whoever his va is, is pretty nice. Im glad they are giving him and the other family members screentime, even with the extensive focus on Nova and Liberta. Really like cheering both on, probably more so Liberta as he is a bit better than Nova, however with the after credits portion
Nova great singing!

They made Felicita so strong, though hopefully Liberta and Nova, are too.

Dresden

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse 2

Oh hey, censored graphic violence. That ruins even the exploitative shock value that might have redeemed this.
Now I get why they didn't really introduce anyone in the first ep since they were destined to be killed off by the second. :lol
And just when I think I'm about out, they
introduce a new mech and pull me right back in! Hinting that the protag levelled the fuck up after the closing time skip didn't hurt either.
Fuck.

There's bad and then there's this

Those are pretty bad, but at least Total Eclipse doesn't have the art of the VNs.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
London commuters are barefoot?

London commuters must carry brollies at all the time and will hardly talk to others. Also if someone does something they don't like on public transport, for example listen to their music too loud, they will not say anything about it and just think angry thoughts.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Rude and pushy?

If I want to be clear: The Northern stereotype of Londoners who are apparently surprised that people in London will look at you as if you've just flashed them for just trying to say hello. Though I suppose the keeping to oneself nature is often associated with rudeness.

London stereotype of London commuters is probably just being rude and pushy but that because everyone hates each other. No one will say anything about it though, unless you give them a pen and paper.

I just made an observation that a British character displayed a stereotype not usually shown in foreign media i.e. they weren't a posh toff or a cockney geeza. I have also said the mangaka probably has no idea what they were depicting had a ring of truth to it.

Jex

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Episode 02

Yeah this is pretty much the most hilarious show of the season (so far at least). Sorry Binbougami Ga!

Best usage of Ave Maria I've seen in a while.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 2
I don't want to post any imagine would uh, spoil things, but this was a pretty funny episode. If you enjoyed the absurdities from last week, it only gets more insane here.

To think there were doubters last week when people pointed out that Jinrui is an amazing comedy.

Also, who the hell funded this show?

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 2

My opinion on this show hasn't really changed from last week. It still feels like it doesn't know what it wants to be. It's too subdued and dark to be an effective comedy and too light-hearted to be something effectively dark.

I did find the translation glasses and the adjusting amusing, but that's about it. Don't think I'll be watching any more.

Reknoc

If I want to be clear: The Northern stereotype of Londoners who are apparently surprised that people in London will look at you as if you've just flashed them for just trying to say hello. Though I suppose the keeping to oneself nature is often associated with rudeness.

London stereotype of London commuters is probably just being rude and pushy but that because everyone hates each other. No one will say anything about it though, unless you give them a pen and paper.

I just made an observation that a British character displayed a stereotype not usually shown in foreign media i.e. they weren't a posh toff or a cockney geeza. I have also said the mangaka probably has no idea what they were depicting had a ring of truth to it.

Well I'm not really surprised people would give up being pleasant if they had to deal with the hell of London transport nearly every day. I only had to deal with it for a few hours on Wednesday when I was down there and I already wanted to push everyone down the escalators.

Maybe the author is reasonably well travelled and has had to dealt with London first hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom