• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
[Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita] - 2

Jinrui2-1.jpg

I could explain what happened this week, but I won't because it was too amazing. Nearly everything that happens during the second half of this episode is screenshot bait but I want people to be surprised.

Thought I was the only one watching this.

Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan 6-12: (END)

If you are at all behind on this show and for some reason still intend to catch up, STOP. Put down your bread, step away from the computer, get some fresh air, do something, anything to reaffirm the value of your own life. I repeat:

DO

NOT

WATCH

THIS.

Warnings sometimes imply a threat of real danger if they're disobeyed, as mindblowing as that may sound. I may not know you, dear reader, but I care about you as a fellow human.
You're too late i've watched all episodes already .. but i'm not kind enough to issue warnings ..

But that scene is just so bad
SO BAD

Thoraxes

Lagrange S2 - 01

WE'RE BACK! The new OP was disappointing, but it's hard to top Try Unite! The Jersey Club Rap/Song for the ED was nice though (musicially).

Also to business, we've got
the intergalatic war reaching a new high (shit is getting crazy), Wan is being experimented on by her onii-sama (which to me seems like they're trying to figure out how to artificially replicate Vox particles so they can probably engineer their own, or more fighters), Madoka lost her genkiness and is striving to get it back, the 3 bros run a host club where women come to get their classy food (Array attracts weird people and men because he's still a meido~), aaaaannndddd the conference and shit going down with Pharos back.

We got some good shit in the first episode, and a lot to build off of right away. It seems to me that
this season will feature lots of combat, and that to me, they're making the War the number 1 priority, while Madoka has seemingly been sidelined, but that's about to change.
I was pleased with the balance between the two elements in this episode, and if they keep it up, we're in for a great season.

MARU!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
In all honestly I was confused by all the people who watched the first episode of this show and then actually bothered to put themselves through episode two even though they knew what it would be like.

The hope that THIS is going to be the episode that things finally turn around is a bitch.

Many of us foolishly thought that there would also be enough Rick's Bread puns to last the entire series.

You're too late i've watched all episodes already .. but i'm not kind enough to issue warnings ..

But that scene is just so bad

SO BAD

breadstrumentality.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rinne no Lagrange S2 1
Also, Gumi dear, sorry, I know you tried, and the new OP is nice, but Try Unite >>>>>>> Marble. And don't get me started on the ending song.
Try Unite is one of the best openings. What did you expect?

jbug617

Banned
Just bought a couple of shows to watch this summer. I also ordered the entire collection of Fist of the North Star to watch.
AxTyAzECQAAKMMJ.jpg

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Dog Days' 1

yeah, more of the same, except this time his childhood friend and cousin are joining the fray, along with a new kingdom (led by a squeaky squirrelgirl). So I guess I'll be watching all of this one too!

icecream

Public Health Threat
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 02

Still a quite disturbing series, but as with such things, humans display a remarkable capacity to acclimate, condition and become immune. Hopefully.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Arcana Famiglia 2

I thought this was about a battle tournament, not finding a fuckin cat!

When the characters have highly creative powers like "swords" and "invisibility", it's probably impossible to choreograph eleven straight episodes of battles!

Articalys

If that's the most positive you can say about the episode then it clearly wasn't very good!
Oh no, that was just as a follow-up to "not really feeling the new OP/ED". The episode itself was quite fine as a reintroduction to what's going on, though there wasn't a show-selling moment like the MECHA SUPLEX from S1 episode 1.

Don't try and twist my words!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oh no, that was just as a follow-up to "not really feeling the new OP/ED". The episode itself was quite fine as a reintroduction to what's going on, though it did probably lack a show-selling moment like the MECHA SUPLEX from S1 episode 1.

Don't try and twist my words!

If BD sales are to be believed, the entirety of S1 lacked a show-selling moment.

:(

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
What if it's someone transformed into a cat, against their will by a vengeful witch. Suddenly having to deal with being chased by a bunch of horny Italians?

Up until this point, I thought you were going to make a Hocus Pocus joke.

shawnlreed

Arcana Famiglia 2

I thought this was about a battle tournament, not finding a fuckin cat!

The first episode misled me a bit as well.
It now seems like this show is more just bishonen reverse harem stuff with not much battling.
Hiiro no Kakera last season was so bad, I don't know if I'm up for more of this stuff.

jbug617

Banned
The first episode misled me a bit as well.
It now seems like this show is more just bishonen reverse harem stuff with not much battling.
Hiiro no Kakera last season was so bad, I don't know if I'm up for more of this stuff.

So the show is not about fighting each other for the girl. Why did they make a big deal about each of the participants having a special power if they are not going to fight each other.

So the show is not about fighting each other for the girl. Why did they make a big deal about each of the participants having a special power if they are not going to fight each other.

The tournament is in two months, considering that it seems some just got their abilities, and Felicita is just joining the Arcana Famiglia on her own, time is needed to establish relations, and etc.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oda Nobuna no Yabou 01:

shaky cam OVERLOOAAAAAAAAAAD

This was mildly historically enlightening however the sheer quantity of generic otakubait shit completely obliterates any value it could have had in that regard. The show is so uninterested in doing anything beyond ticking off the pander boxes that it doesn't even provide setup for how protagonist-kun ends up in an alternate timeline Sengoku era, he's just suddenly there and expresses some mild confusion before never really considering the issue again.

Worst first episode of the season (out of the things that I've actually watched). Barring Ebiten being an atrocity, this is probably the prime suffering show of the season even though it's far more boring than it is bad.

shawnlreed

But there were so many in Kakera and it was so worth it, especially for Tamayuri hime's awakening.

The absolute best part of Hiiro no Kakera were those bits at the end, where one of the men would say suggestive things at the camera like "Why don't you stay and bathe with me?".
It was so pandering and shameless, I cracked up every time those scenes came on.
I'll probably watch season 2 just for that.

shawnlreed

Muv-Luv Alternative ep 2

I'm confused.
Wikipedia lists this series as Romantic Comedy.
These first 2 episodes have been the most horrific, bleak and depressing anime I've seen in some time.
Just about everyone dies. Some are eaten alive. If someone looks happy, it's because they're about to die in the next 3 seconds and their happiness was put there just to make the death scene more poignant.
I'm trying to reconcile a name like "Muv-Luv", and romantic comedy with a show which seems to be the exact opposite of this.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm watching Hiiro no Kakera right now on episode 6 thanks to a bet I lost with a buddy.

This show is really terrible. Like unbelievably terrible. I really don't understand why Otome shows go out of their way to make their female leads be as completely vanilla as possible in terms of both looks and personality.

The end of episode segments are hilariously awesome though. Shame the other 23 minutes aren't as good.

wonzo

Banned
Muv-Luv Alternative ep 2

I'm confused.
Wikipedia lists this series as Romantic Comedy.
These first 2 episodes have been the most horrific, bleak and depressing anime I've seen in some time.
Just about everyone dies. Some are eaten alive. If someone looks happy, it's because they're about to die in the next 3 seconds and their happiness was put there just to make the death scene more poignant.
I'm trying to reconcile a name like "Muv-Luv", and romantic comedy with a show which seems to be the exact opposite of this.
i think that's because it's a spinoff of a spinoff sequel of an eroge. it's pretty much misanthropic garbage where almost everyone but the mc gets killed in some really horrific manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom