• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching Hiiro no Kakera right now on episode 6 thanks to a bet I lost with a buddy.

This show is really terrible. Like unbelievably terrible. I really don't understand why Otome shows go out of their way to make their female leads be as completely vanilla as possible in terms of both looks and personality.

The end of episode segments are hilariously awesome though. Shame the other 23 minutes aren't as good.

I thought Tamayuri hime turned out alright, really much of the better attention was spent with the guardiands, if the series put too much attention on the main character girl, then I think it would dilute the impact of the other characters taking attention away from them.

Animes are a hell of a drug. I saw in the last three weeks so many animes like never before:

Steins;Gate -> Gunslinger Girl -> Katanagatari -> Canaan -> Natsu no Arashi! -> The Cockpit -> Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran -> Bakemonogatari -> Gekiganger III -> Dominion Tank Police
(10 titles + the season animes)

And my rewatch/backlog has still over 287 different titles. That are more than enough animes for the next 2 years and I deleted the semi-interesting stuff already.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Muv-Luv Alternative ep 2

I'm confused.
Wikipedia lists this series as Romantic Comedy.
These first 2 episodes have been the most horrific, bleak and depressing anime I've seen in some time.
Just about everyone dies. Some are eaten alive. If someone looks happy, it's because they're about to die in the next 3 seconds and their happiness was put there just to make the death scene more poignant.
I'm trying to reconcile a name like "Muv-Luv", and romantic comedy with a show which seems to be the exact opposite of this.

So it's a black comedy then. Or do they die with wacky sound effects playing in the background while some clowns do an Irish jig?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Muv-Luv Alternative ep 2

I'm confused.
Wikipedia lists this series as Romantic Comedy.
These first 2 episodes have been the most horrific, bleak and depressing anime I've seen in some time.
Just about everyone dies. Some are eaten alive. If someone looks happy, it's because they're about to die in the next 3 seconds and their happiness was put there just to make the death scene more poignant.
I'm trying to reconcile a name like "Muv-Luv", and romantic comedy with a show which seems to be the exact opposite of this.

Probably the only ones that can be considered Romantic Comedy are Muv-Luv Extra and to a lesser extent Muv-Luv Unlimited.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 31-32: yang has the patience of a... Turtle? Snail? I'm bad at similes.

I had forgot how much of a dislikable amalgam of pricks the Alliance politicians were. I wanna punch these pompous arses in the nuts.

and hellooooooooo Star Wars expies. Been a while since I last saw you.

P.S. Yang X Whatsherface is so cute.

Still don't want to watch this. I won't fall for every otome series!

tumblr_m693wt0NQA1ry94jro1_500.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
::adds to list::
The only problem is that it's not any good.

Oda Nobuna
CnvI3l.jpg

2VIyWl.jpg

Gao~~~~

Maybe watching every single show of this terrible, terrible season has completely adjusted my standards, but this is actually not the worst show of the season (at this point, it's probably Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, Kono Naka ni Hitori Imouto ga Iru, or Campione - since Sword Art Online is disqualified in my mind). Given that I'll probably never get to watch Hyouge Mono in my life time, I figure this is as close as I'll get to watching an on-going Sengoku show at the very least.

I don't know jack about American history, but I almost wish that someone would do this with the American Civil War or Revolutionary War if only because it would horrify people. The look on people's faces as you showed them a drawing of George Washington as a moe girl would be priceless!

Branduil

I'm watching Hiiro no Kakera right now on episode 6 thanks to a bet I lost with a buddy.

This show is really terrible. Like unbelievably terrible. I really don't understand why Otome shows go out of their way to make their female leads be as completely vanilla as possible in terms of both looks and personality.

So like the inverse of male harem shows?

survivor

Banned
I don't know jack about American history, but I almost wish that someone would do this with the American Civil War or Revolutionary War if only because it would horrify people. The look on people's faces as you showed them a drawing of George Washington as a moe girl would be priceless!
Someone should make a mod of AC3 turning all the characters into moe girls

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
The only problem is that it's not any good.

Oda Nobuna
CnvI3l.jpg

2VIyWl.jpg

Gao~~~~

Maybe watching every single show of this terrible, terrible season has completely adjusted my standards, but this is actually not the worst show of the season (at this point, it's probably Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, Kono Naka ni Hitori Imouto ga Iru, or Campione - since Sword Art Online is disqualified in my mind). Given that I'll probably never get to watch Hyouge Mono in my life time, I figure this is as close as I'll get to watching an on-going Sengoku show at the very least.

I was considering putting this one on my list. I'll give the first episode a shot.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Oda Nobuna 1

EvVoA.jpg

There was enough here to enjoy that I will keep watching. ^^

Damn you firehawk for capping the same pic. :(

madp

The Light of El Cantare
La storia della Arcana Famiglia 02:

This was................amazing

hey wouldn't it be a great idea if we spent an entire episode of our twelve episode battle shounen series chasing a cat? That sounds like a wise use of our limited time and a great way to get the audience invested in the characters and hyped for the Arcana Duello.

pY02X.gif

The single most worthless episode of anime I've watched in a long time. Bravo. Also:

Translator's note: limoni means lemon, limonata means lemonade.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm 53% sure that's been done already. At least I know it has with other presidents.
What does moe George Bush look like?

Someone should make a mod of AC3 turning all the characters into moe girls
GOTF?

I was considering putting this one on my list. I'll give the first episode a shot.
It's everything you would expect from this particular trope of genre fiction. Well, except for all the moe girls and lolis anyway.

Oda Nobuna 1

http://i.imgur.com/EvVoA.jpg

There was enough here to enjoy that I will keep watching. ^^

Damn you firehawk for capping the same pic. :(
Muahahaha. That screen was too obvious. :p

This male lead seems awesome.

All Sengoku knowledge should be from games!
When Mark Twain wrote the story, the main character was basically a layman himself, wasn't he? That makes sense anyway. lol

---

UtaKoi

Ah, this is actually pretty good!

I was expecting another Folktales from Japan, and in it's a similar in its educational focus, but it's also saucy enough that you can have a little fun watching it. Nothing too scandalous, of course. lol

SjH6Tl.jpg

ygR19l.jpg

This one's a keeper for me.

I suppose I have to say this, since I'm "that guy", but - isn't it ironic that there's more romance in the poems than in Chihayafuru? (oh snap).

wonzo

Banned
Chitose Get You! 2

chitose2.jpg

So, it turns out the little girl and her teacher both have the hots for the same guy. Yeah...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I wouldn't be exaggerating when I say that for many people, especially in the West, their first encounter with the Three Kingdoms period was Dynasty Warriors.

The original material is pretty impenetrable without the aid of extreme Koeification!

Rinne no LaGrange S2 02

I've been looking forward to this, show of the season :D

I always suspected Lan's people were assholes, her brother and supervisor mindrape her, trying to figure out the Vox. I continue to expect Lan/Muginami to be broken/corrupted into fighting Madoka further.

Rinne no LaGrange S2 02

I've been looking forward to this, show of the season :D

I always suspected Lan's people were assholes, her brother and supervisor mindrape her, trying to figure out the Vox. I continue to expect Lan/Muginami to be broken/corrupted into fighting Madoka further.

But it didnt seem like either was actually aiming to fight Madoka, why let her live in peace for a year if that was the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom