• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno why Ieyasu always becomes a loli.

100% historically accurate Tokugawa Ieyasu:

mEaPR.jpg

loliyasu:

YHtwn.jpg

Appeal to all preferences! Everyone will love the Sengoku generals!

Dresden

Bear ears, mini UFO hat, heart-shaped breastplate and kneepads.

Worse than Sengoku Collection. I'm going to keep saying it until everyone accepts that it's the truth.
After seeing the loli Toshi Maeda, I'm not sure which is which anymore. Why are the lolis so much more terrible?
Appeal to all preferences! Everyone will love the Sengoku generals!
Ahem, that's Princess General to you.

Also
more meaningless preorders
:

d5xUf.png

So you're the mythical "person who has actually seen Splash Star", eh? Considering that it's the forgotten black sheep of the franchise, I never hear anyone mention it much less praise the animation. Interesting.

splash star is on par with heart catch on animation ..easily ..

I'll confess: i watched splash star during airing because i loved the first 2 season too much ..
Splash star has very good vilains (all of them are above average on the entire franchise )

It's funny as i write this that the 2 precure seasons with the most broken characters & power-ups are the seasons with the most action like heartcatch and splash star..

Too bad splash star didn't work as intended because it was too close to the original series but not the follow - up of the original serie ( everyone wanted a sequel , like max heart ..and they gave splash star their chance way too late ) .. Regardless it's still a season that is appreciated by the old fans like me..They quickly realised the need to break from the first serie rules in "YES!precure" because of this.

Splash star has the best vilains of the series , but heartcatch isn't far behind..
Heartcatch has a far better finale , but splash star is again just behind in my heart ..

Heart catch > splash star > precure max heart > pre cure > Yes Gogo > Smile > Yes > Fresh > Suite.

Smile is on par with Yes ! & yes !! GoGo..i hope they will keep this path and Smile will surpass them easily.( i have high hopes for the next mid season power-up )

Oh my god. I just got to loli Goemon. That voice. I can't watch this anymore.

Still one of the best Goemon out there.

To be far about the loli Ieyasu, considering he's the third and last uniter of the Sengoku period, he would be considered the youngest and hence why always a loli.

Basara actually manages to age (ok, only Ieyasu ages) him, since we need more pretty boys.

Saiunkoku Monogatari 2

Laughed so hard at this. Shurei's hilarious, endearing, and intelligent. I couldn't ask for a better lead. I adore that familiar edge that creeps into the voice of Nobuyuki Hiyama's character too.
She is a treasure ..i want her to appear in other series ... A female lead that can do things by herself in a world of men ? Glorious ..
There are a lot of things she is clueless ..but the fact she manage to make accurate decision for herlself and by herself is more than enough ..

A totally believable shojo heroine .. the only one i know..

i cannot praise her enough...

madp

The Light of El Cantare
After seeing the loli Toshi Maeda, I'm not sure which is which anymore. Why are the lolis so much more terrible?

I would assume that terrible costume design + terrible character design would equal more terribleness than either of those separately!

splash star is on par with heart catch on animation ..easily ..

I'll confess: i watched splash star during airing because i loved the first 2 season too much ..
Splash star has very good vilains (all of them are above average on the entire franchise )

It's funny as i write this that the 2 precure seasons with the most broken characters & power-ups are the seasons with the most action like heartcatch and splash star..

Too bad splash star didn't work as intended because it was too close to the original series but not the follow - up of the original serie ( everyone wanted a sequel , like max heart ..and they gave splash star their chance way too late ) .. Regardless it's still a season that is appreciated by the old fans like me..They quickly realised the need to break from the first serie rules in "YES!precure" because of this.

Splash star has the best vilains of the series , but heartcatch isn't far behind..
Heartcatch has a far better finale , but splash star is again just behind in my heart ..

Heart catch > splash star > precure max heart > pre cure > Yes Gogo > Smile > Yes > Fresh > Suite.

Smile is on par with Yes ! & yes !! GoGo..i hope they will keep this path and Smile will surpass them easily.( i have high hopes for the next mid season power-up )

Wow, thanks. You have a rare perspective having seen all of the series, so I appreciate your input. I think I have to move Splash Star further up my backlog queue now. Will watching this before Futari wa and Max Heart make those more difficult to watch?

Oh my god. I just got to loli Goemon. That voice. I can't watch this anymore.

What do you cut when you are the worthless thing?

fertygo

I like Mashima Zero's design, and fucking Deadhouse actually can nail it perfectly ;_;
God so cruel, Deadhouse doesn't deserve this.

Please let them got Jojo's anime, please god, new HxH actually looks great now

Some older stuff I'd put off replying to.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38990772&postcount=11093
wonzo said:
Holy shit.
Surely Asa or even Yukariko would've reported something to the authorities the first chance they got?
Well, yeah. They probably would, in a more believable and realistic story... but horror writing is rarely like that, really.

Maybe you could say "they were too traumatized and intimidated to say anything", but come on, they would have. Almost certain.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39273995&postcount=16125
RuroniZel said:
No. In the VN she's only good at fighting and bedroom manner.

"..... Please let me handle it, Shirou. I know how to make a man happy." (that is a direct fucking quote, I just double checked to make sure I had that right).
... This from a character who almost nobody knew was female, supposedly? Were they even trying? No, obviously they weren't, just regurgitating sexism.

That is a pretty amazing quote, though. So the VN really is even more sexist!

That's some interesting info, I either forgot that or skimmed past it. And now that you mention it I do remember the
crazy eyes Rin had in that dream, but I thought at the time it was just Shirou going nutso.
Yeah, same here. I'd also either forgotten or not realized that detail. So there really is only a Rin-Shirou sex scene in one route.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39277565&postcount=16215
Narag said:
She has to have Shirou teach her how
loool
On the one hand it's nice that Japan has some men that can cook, now, but on the other hand, when it's in a "and he needs to teach the useless girl how because she's useless and can't do anything, not even the things girls should be able to like cook" context... yeah, it loses every bit of its potential redeeming value and then some. Horribly sexist drivel, stuff like that is.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39280485&postcount=16315
Unknown Soldier said:
To be fair to Tokiomi, Kirei's own father had no idea about what Kirei was really like either. Kirei even comments on that after he's dug out of the rubble by naked Girugamesh, that his own father didn't know anything about him. That being said, Tokiomi ended up being pretty worthless all around, if Rin ever found out how useless her father was in the Fourth Holy Grail War she would be pretty pissed considering how competent a mage she already is as a high-school student during the events of F/SN.
Hah... yeah, good point here, that's probably true.
Rin's certainly much more competent than either of her parents...

Dresden

Oda Nobuna - 01

This is like those fanfiction things where the writer inserts themselves into the story and romances Legolas or fucks Harry in his sleep.

Basically the main dude reminds me of Truth from AO.

Narag

On the one hand it's nice that Japan has some men that can cook, now, but on the other hand, when it's in a "and he needs to teach the useless girl how because she's useless and can't do anything, not even the things girls should be able to like cook" context... yeah, it loses every bit of its potential redeeming value and then some. Horribly sexist drivel, stuff like that is.

It was supposed to be a reasonably endearing scene and actually might have been given her sheltered life if not for all the shit earlier in the series.
Thankfully the clip movies are free of this nonsense.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hyouka 11.5:

This episode has been brought to you by the letters "B", "R", and the number "PLEASE BUY THE BLU RAYS WE SPENT A FUCKTON OF MONEY ANIMATING THIS SHOW!"

Hyouka 12:

MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH BETTER! :D :D :D So much going on, great animation and artwork throughout with lots of interesting designs and movements. The dancing animation was really nicely done, and watching Eru constantly stop at anything interesting was very amusing. :D Also, obligatory for me... MIKU! :D

Branduil

I can't war with you because I loved TGWLTT (assuming that's Makoto in your avatar) and because both of our avatars have smeared upper lips. It's a rule.

But darkside31337 confirmed that it wasn't just me, so there.

You should never listen to darkside, though. He thinks any anime made before the '90s is bad.

It's true that the show has a leisurely pace in the first half, but it's necessary to set up the drama of the second half.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You should never listen to darkside, though. He thinks any anime made before the '90s is bad.

It's true that the show has a leisurely pace in the first half, but it's necessary to set up the drama of the second half.

Bullshit.

Some of my favorite shows were from the 80s and early 90s. Touch is one of my favorite shows of all time. Oniisama E was fantastic. Maison Ikkoku and City Hunter were superb as well among others.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Don't make me search for your old posts.

Search for whatever the hell you want. I don't give a damn. Just don't say things that aren't correct at all.

I like anime from all periods of time. I do prefer anime from modern periods in general as I find them to be better but to say I don't like any shows from the 80s is garbage.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, one thing about Nobunaga. Is he supposed to be a villain, like Cao Cao (So-so :p) or is he supposed to be a hero?

Playing the Pokemon game, it seems your goal is supposed to stop him from ruling over Japan but this animu turns him into a moe-kawaii-loli and has the hero help her out.

Defuser

Hyouka 11.5:

This episode has been brought to you by the letters "B", "R", and the number "PLEASE BUY THE BLU RAYS WE SPENT A FUCKTON OF MONEY ANIMATING THIS SHOW!"
Kyoani is quite smart too.Put out a crappy quality = Ensure otakus will buy BR/DVD for dat HD Chitanda.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Oh, one thing about Nobunaga. Is he supposed to be a villain, like Cao Cao (So-so :p) or is he supposed to be a hero?

Playing the Pokemon game, it seems your goal is supposed to stop him from ruling over Japan but this animu turns him into a moe-kawaii-loli and has the hero help her out.

I think he's generally more supposed to be a hero?

Playing the Pokemon game, it seems your goal is supposed to stop him from ruling over Japan.

In Japan, he's generally portrayed as a villain. Pretty much every thing he's in, he's seen as a demon.

Basara: Demon King of the Seventh Heaven or something
Musou: He has a villain laugh and wields a black lightsaber

Though, in recent years, (not that I have any examples), he's been less portrayed as a villain. You could call him as a failed hero, since he never was able to unite Japan but instead set the frameworks for Hideyoshi to unite it and Ieyasu to follow.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
In Basara, they ride horses (or is it a motorcycle?) up the sides of castles. I'm not sure you can really compare the series.

I was more so referring to the epic fight scenes they teased in the opening. Don't know why you thought I'd be making connections with their method of travel. :lol

And I'm pretty sure it wasn't a motorcycle. I think Date just had handlebars on his horse.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think he's generally more supposed to be a hero?
So Nintendo is rewriting history?!

Kyoani is quite smart too.Put out a crappy quality = Ensure otakus will buy BR/DVD for dat HD Chitanda.
I really think that this was a co-marketing thing gone wrong and this was the only compromise. 11.5 is important enough that it should have been a "canon" episode, but I guess it was stand-alone enough that it they decided to ghettoize it.

In Japan, he's generally portrayed as a villain. Pretty much every thing he's in, he's seen as a demon.

Though, in recent years, (not that I have any examples), he's been less portrayed as a villain. You could call him as a failed hero, since he never was able to unite Japan but instead set the frameworks for Hideyoshi to unite it and Ieyasu to follow.
Hah, so he really is like Cao Cao then. I wonder why the main character would be so quick to want to help Nobuna(ga) though, if he knows that s/he's supposed to be... I dunno, the Japanese equivalent of Napoleon or Hitler or Stalin.

But Hideyoshi is portrayed as a villain too sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom