• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Episode 11.5 doesn't exist in the novels. It is an anime original episode with a plot concept from the original author, but it was designed from the start to be a bonus anime episode for the express intention of selling a manga volume. They even announced this before the anime aired, that it would be 21 on air episodes and 1 bonus OAD episode. So your entire theory mostly falls flat. :)

Well, that just means 7th was right and that KyoAni is saving the source material from itself. Always bet on 7(th)!

(It also makes me more willing to believe that the novels are worse than they actually are. :/)

Josei that wasn't a poor use of my time
Kuragehime (though I dropped the manga)
Why would you somewhat enjoy the anime but drop the manga... considering how the anime ends?

Something i never really got were Manga adaptions of LN/VN's in conjunction with an anime.

Would that be the equivalent of the novelization of a movie?

I like manga adaptations of anime, even if most dont really tell much more than the anime did, currently reading the Guilty Crown one, and the Tiger & Bunny one...but I think at the end of the day its really just to get more money from hardcores.

Instro

Tari Tari 2

That threw for a bit of a loop. I was expecting the establishment and first performance of the new club to take a number of episodes but instead it has moved forward very quickly. I appreciate the pacing here, as we get right into the heart of the material while establishing the characters in an equally speedy manner. Quite a well put together episode I think. Very enjoyable ending to the episode as well.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It kind of was too. I was just watching it because everyone else was and I didn't learn how to say no to an animegaf fad until Penguin Drum. By the end, I ended up not hating it, but probably would have rather done something else.
That sounds like my arc with the show, although for different reasons. lol

Because the anime is better than the manga... and the beginning was the best part of the manga.

The latter just goes on and on and on.
I suppose the anime did a good job of bailing when it had the chance. :p

The "college arc" is proof that everything good about K-ON came from KyoAni.

The relaunch stuff is meh, I will say that. Kakifly probably only started making more because the anime made K-ON! so popular. Most of the new characters were just retreads on old characters.

It was supposed to be a reasonably endearing scene and actually might have been given her sheltered life if not for all the shit earlier in the series.
Thankfully the clip movies are free of this nonsense.
Oh, sure, the sexist writers probably did think it was supposed to be an endearing scene. Of course, that says more about their biases than it does anything else.

How was Aoi incompetent? She pumped out magical babies like a pro.
Eh, maybe so,
but do you really think that compares to what Rin's done?

DOG DAYS'

HUm that's some serious level of tsundere here .. the tails makes everything even more obvious .. i'm loving it ..i watched this ep with a smile on my face :)
Yeah, Dog Days S2 was pretty much pure fun. Sure, there was a bit of harem antics I didn't like, but otherwise this was a great episode. It was so happy and cheerful, this has to be the most optimistic and cheerful thing I've watched in a while... really helps your mood. :)

Dog Days' 1

There is potential for awesome here. Nanami vs Sink should be cool. Also interested in seeing how Becky becomes a hero.

Also, squirrel girl is annoying as fuck and her attendant's eyelashes are fabulous.
I don't really mind squirrel girl, she could be amusing. But yeah, definite potential for awesome... it started out very well, at least! I'm just hoping for better, or less, harem antics than S1 had. I expect to be disappointed, but still, it should be good overall, I think... or at least, fun overall.

dxu34l.jpg

So how come Dawg Dayz' gets away with using Chocobros?
Also, fairly tame/zzzz when compared to the rest of the other animus I've seen so far.
Doesn't it have Square-Enix funding, or something?

Yep. I mean, there are a couple of episodes of training and building the team and all that jazz, but most of the show is devoted to playing out two full games of baseball. I think there were times when an episode was devoted to half an inning. That's how crazy it got.

What's even better is that the first game that they play isn't even a "real" match. It was just a friendly! (Which had some impact on character development, but still. lol)

But ABF, you should be okay with it if you're okay with Saki-like pacing. lol

Well, I must admit that I did like all 31 chapters of that quarterfinal match, but that's as much because I like the series and find it consistently fun even if it's slow paced. That is, whether I'd like something paced like that would depend entirely on the series itself. It is true that I don't mind slow pacing if I think the show is good, but that doesn't mean I don't dislike it in other cases...

I don't know jack about American history, but I almost wish that someone would do this with the American Civil War or Revolutionary War if only because it would horrify people. The look on people's faces as you showed them a drawing of George Washington as a moe girl would be priceless!
I'd watch.

Her hair's the best thing about the show, isn't it.

But Hideyoshi is portrayed as a villain too sometimes!

True, but Nobunaga is even more frequently. Both of them certainly did enough bad things historically to deserve some villain labels, though...

Milky Holmes 02

Another episode where you blame the cat.

I am finding I like the villains more than the girls. I'm not a big fan of them fighting among themselves and it's not very good watching. Sure, they are sad and whatever, but bleh.

At least the other stuff is still pretty fun. Very nice drawing of Joan of Arc, btw.

Soma

Hyouka 11.5

Man Houtarou your friends are assholes at times.

"You're special to me, Oreki-san!

*pause*

"Everyone I meet is special to me!"

"Just looking at you depresses me."

"Pools and Houtarou don't mix!"

This episode was pretty decent despite the shitty quality. I like that it was more than just a fanservice/pool episode and felt like a nice segue between episode 11 and 12. The mystery was pretty bad but I don't think that was the main focus of the episode anyhow. Elements from the previous episode transferred into this episode (namely Oreki's depression after the previous episode) and more or less was resolved. I don't think it's an absolutely necessary episode. Episode 11 was capped off rather nicely and ended that arc on a good note. Episode 12 begins pretty solidly though there are a few things that felt off in the beginning but those are touched upon later anyhow.

In the end it's an okay bonus episode and the character progression was appreciated so this wasn't a total fanservice deal.

duckroll

A-1 Pictures TV series confirmed to be airing in the Fall season:

Continuations:
- Fairy Tail (TV Tokyo)
- Space Bros (YTV)
- Sword Art Online (Tokyo MX)

New Shows:
- Gyrozetter (TV Tokyo)
- Magi (MBS/TBS)
- From the New World (TV Asahi)

Aniplex taking over anime.

Jarmel

Banned
A-1 Pictures TV series confirmed to be airing in the Fall season:

Continuations:
- Fairy Tail (TV Tokyo)
- Space Bros (YTV)
- Sword Art Online (Tokyo MX)

New Shows:
- Gyrozetter (TV Tokyo)
- Magi (MBS/TBS)
- From the New World (TV Asahi)

How is this even possible?

They are certainly bringing some level of animation quality back with their shows, so I'm okay with it.

Who knows, maybe Aniplex is profitable for Sony. God knows Sony could use some profitable divisions these days.

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 5:

This show actually has a pretty decent animation quality. There is a fair amount of still-framing but it's executed with enough style that you don't really mind that much. Mostly the show is quite enjoyable, I like the main characters and there is a distinct sense of comedy throughout the whole affair. It sometimes veers a bit too far into harem territory but I guess that's pretty par for course with this sort of thing.

Nekomimi Kirie is <3. I think she's rapidly becoming my favorite of the main characters.

Novid

Banned
How is this even possible?

Sony despite money issues, is still mindblowingly huge. They never really did anything animation wise, but now via Aniplex there all in. Same will happen in the states if they get one Theatrical hit animation wise.
But you would think with all that animu they air, they would START handling production Via there Syndication arms in the US but NOOOOOOOOO

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hyouka 11.5

In the end it's an okay bonus episode and the character progression was appreciated so this wasn't a total fanservice deal.

Yep. Given that this story wasn't in the source material, then I can only assume that they were told to make a crappy fanservice episode and that someone decided to actually make it matter. GodAni and all that.

---

UtaKoi 2
LXM2kl.jpg

A love story a tsundere guy. That's a new one. I wonder how much variation there is to the back stories behind the love poems though, but I'm sure they have it all figured out.

Jinrui 2
1tgT2l.jpg

I'm not really sure how I should take them using Ave Maria three times in the episode. Not like it matters anyway!

Joshiraku 1
0zTA8l.jpg

Pretty much. Although I did laugh at a couple of their puns, so I'm clearly doing it wrong. :(

Novid

Banned
Why trust Funi? Sony's mistake is that you have a fucking HOLLYWOOD studio, with actors under them payrolls, WTF why give FUNI even a fucking glance? They fuck YALL shit up when you got the fucking master fucking tapes and a HOLLYWOOD studio. Wake the fuck up SONY.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Legend of the Galactic Heroes 33
So much brolust for a dude who lives on the other side of the Galaxy. This is true love.

And continuing with the geometry lessons, TRIANGLES
An eventful and exciting, not to mention very sakuga episode of LotGH. I don't really care who wins this battle as long as there's more pew pew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom