• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Accel World Episode 8

The entire sequence before the OP was pretty cool. It shows how seriously some people can take a game, training to get better because of a previous set back, and the action animation and designs are really cool. And then out of nowhere, they show that he's been "training" in a toilet cubicle. Erm. What. Yeah whatever. Then I saw some loli show up with fake-incest comedy nonsense. I quickly started to skip ahead to prevent further damage to my brain and possibly my reputation. Luckily there was more game footage later in the episode!

The battle against Scarlet Rain was AWESOME. It's basically an anime rendition of a fight against a Vanquish boss or something. The mecha layouts are detailed, the designs are cool, and there's lots of great animation. sogood.gif

Accel World Episode 11-12

OMG! So this is what happens when this show decides to abandon the real world nonsense and set two entire episodes in the game world. Everything looks awesome, feels awesome, and the action and designs are totally filled with duckrollisms everywhere. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Be still my beating heart!

If the show is regularly like this, I would be a huge fan. Too bad it seems to be a rare case. The funniest thing about Accel World after watching ep1-2, 8, and 11-12, is that I feel this anime is a lot like watching EVO. The game world scenes are like watching actual EVO fight matches, while the real world crap is like watching the pre-EVO stuff, the interviews, and dicking around inbetween matches, and all that crap. Just skipping all the real world scenes seems to have no real impact on being able to follow the motivations and overall plot, since everything that really matters seems to take place in the game world...

Accel World Episode 8

The entire sequence before the OP was pretty cool. It shows how seriously some people can take a game, training to get better because of a previous set back, and the action animation and designs are really cool. And then out of nowhere, they show that he's been "training" in a toilet cubicle. Erm. What. Yeah whatever. Then I saw some loli show up with fake-incest comedy nonsense. I quickly started to skip ahead to prevent further damage to my brain and possibly my reputation. Luckily there was more game footage later in the episode!

The battle against Scarlet Rain was AWESOME. It's basically an anime rendition of a fight against a Vanquish boss or something. The mecha layouts are detailed, the designs are cool, and there's lots of great animation. sogood.gif

OMG! So this is what happens when this show decides to abandon the real world nonsense and set two entire episodes in the game world. Everything looks awesome, feels awesome, and the action and designs are totally filled with duckrollisms everywhere. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Be still my beating heart!

If the show is regularly like this, I would be a huge fan. Too bad it seems to be a rare case. The funniest thing about Accel World after watching ep1-2, 8, and 11-12, is that I feel this anime is a lot like watching EVO. The game world scenes are like watching actual EVO fight matches, while the real world crap is like watching the pre-EVO stuff, the interviews, and dicking around inbetween matches, and all that crap. Just skipping all the real world scenes seems to have no real impact on being able to follow the motivations and overall plot, since everything that really matters seems to take place in the game world...

God bless the scrub function.

Funny enough I did the opposite for Lagrange s2. Not too interested in mech space drama. I watch for maru and wan.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
PGSM 33-36

It was like they made episode 34 just for me and darkside. There can never be enough AmixRei to satisfy me, but this episode sure did deliver.

Usagi
going super sailor in episode 36 was so badass
. I can't wait for Thursday!.

Episode 34 of PGSM is the best episode in this show hands down.

Ami x Rei is the OTP of this show and really the franchise in general. When they reboot Sailor Moon this greatness will finally be recognized as canon by the mere peasants, the real yuri savants already know it to be true.

The Furuya brothers are such jerks I want the Momoyamamamoamomaofmaoma predators to lose.

The furuya's and Oota are the best parts of the team, unfortunately if they lose then I think the anime would end or something since they'd be ought of the tournament, so it cant really do an like other soccer anime in that regard.

Accel World 10

Not even Mankoto had this much swag.

I'd rate this show as an 8.8 in the male-fantasy scale of harem-building. boooo we are back to silly mumorpuger shit after this :(

Ah that was where all but Haru pushed Taku away :/

wonzo

Banned
Accel World 3

accel3.jpg

This show's complete and total shit when it isn't focusing on the game world. The only redeeming feature was the hilarious QUALITY and and the innuendo about the cable length.

duckroll

Accel World 3

This show's complete and total shit when it isn't focusing on the game world. The only redeeming feature was the hilarious QUALITY and and the innuendo about the cable length.

Since you're making a terrible mistake and watching the entire show from the start, could you do me a favor and list how much game world scenes are in each episode in terms of minutes? Thanks. :D

Jex

Gunslinger Girl 2

This episode isn't as good as the first one, if only because like a third of it is reused footage. The new part of the episode is still sharp, and it firmly establishes that this show is character-focused and not driven by some overarching political plot; being a cyborg assassin is suffering.

That was a rather worrying to start to the series. It's rarely a good sign for any show if they can't even fully animate a second episode. Miraculously the rest of the show turned out great.

wonzo

Banned
Since you're making a terrible mistake and watching the entire show from the start, could you do me a favor and list how much game world scenes are in each episode in terms of minutes? Thanks. :D
but that would require me to rewatch the first two episodes :/

Jex

Accel World Episode 8

duckroll, what have you become? You're just whore for great action sequences!

duckroll

Oh thank god! Anyway, ep3 had about a minute of in game time but that was a flashback and the animation wasn't anything special to begin with.

Yeah I wouldn't want to subject anyone to the first two episodes again. They weren't very good, and the fight was pretty crappy too. Not to mention... the... toilet.... lol.

Well, in my defense, it's not just great action sequences. I actually think the concept of the game world, the dynamics they talk about, and the rules/objectives for the battles are really good. It's not badly designed stuff with good animation and direction, but rather if the entire show was about people just playing the game, it would be great. The real world scenes on the other hand, are just terrible generic anime harem shit. Shitty excuses to shove the character designs in your face, while the main character gets his ego stoked by cute girls. Awful.

Saki 8

Not 1 but 2 show/bath scenes? This show is amazing.

'calm before the storm' eps. hope stuff doesn't disappoint.

Boobs blushing literally in every scene is kinda worrisome. You should get that checked out.

ReaperXL7

Ok ladies and gents, I have a question. There was a conversation that I was having with another poster in a gaming thread yesterday about why I fell out of watching anime, and they pushed pretty hard that I was gereralizing too much that most popular anime was mostly focused on Moe, Loli, and very young styles/themes.

To be more clear when I got into anime along time ago it was stuff like Fist of the North Star, Bastard!!, Record of Lodoss War, Ghost in the Shell, Gundam, and Trigun, I always enjoy stuff like that but the more the the newer stuff took over it seemed like the stuff that I liked about anime vanished more and more over the years.

So it was suggested that I look into the anime thread to get some suggestion on anime that prove my assumptions wrong. I want to be open minded and I don't hate anime with relationship aspects ( I really like Vandread, and Godannar for instance which are heavily based on character relationships), but I usually lean more into stuff where it's at a minimum.

So going into this with an open mind I would like to get some suggestions from Gaffers who follow anime still regularly that might be able to point me in the direction of anime that still retains the great things about style of anime I enjoyed back then. I'd love to get back into it, but stuff like

Tales.of_.Graces.506497.jpg

27255.jpg

Popotan-Anime-Group.png

does nothing for me personally. Please Help me out Gaf :)

duckroll

Ok ladies and gents, I have a question. There was a conversation that I was having with another poster in a gaming thread yesterday about why I fell out of watching anime, and they pushed pretty hard that I was gereralizing too much that most popular anime was mostly focused on Moe, Loli, and very young styles/themes.

To be more clear when I got into anime along time ago it was stuff like Fist of the North Star, Bastard!!, Record of Lodoss War, Ghost in the Shell, Gundam, and Trigun, I always enjoy stuff like that but the more the the newer stuff took over it seemed like the stuff that I liked about anime vanished more and more over the years.

So it was suggested that I look into the anime thread to get some suggestion on anime that prove my assumptions wrong. I want to be open minded and I don't hate anime with relationship aspects ( I really like Vandread, and Godannar for instance which are heavily based on character relationships), but I usually lean more into stuff where it's at a minimum.

When did you stop watching anime? Because if you're looking for recommendations for things which fit the sort of stuff you like, and you haven't seen any anime for more than 5 years, I have two movies to recommend to you! You will love both of these movies. I am 100% sure. Get the blu-rays from Amazon now!

Ryuukan

You should probably check out the Gundam Unicorn OVAs too.

sonicmj1

It's the year 0079 of the Backlog Season...

Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team 1

How often do you see a giant robot show OP that prominently features tanks?

This was fun. I'm looking forward to getting to Earth, but Shiro Amada is pretty awesome. Optimistic, brave to the point of stupidity, and kind. See, he helps out a helpless enemy soldier and bandages her wounds! What a gentleman!

rGfdw.jpg

She demands that he kill her, but he knows that deep down, she actually wants him to save her.

I'm not generally much of a mecha guy (this is my first exposure to anything in the UC timeline), but I like the more intimate focus of the show so far. The guys in 08th MS are a bunch of soldiers, and even if they have a little combat experience, they seem brash, boisterous, and immature in a way that feels right for a bunch of guys drafted to fight in a war. Amada doesn't have access to advanced mobile armor, and a few Zakus are enough to make everyone nervous.

ZqCN0.jpg

For a fight between a grunt mech and something that's basically a repair bot with a gun on top, this was pretty exciting. I like the more intimate stakes.

In that context, I think the momentary alliance with Aina works well enough. Maybe they got close a little too quickly (I like that sax playing while they stare at the Earth together), but it was an effective way of puncturing some of Amada's nationalistic boasts from the beginning of the episode.

As I said before, I'm looking forward to seeing them get down to their actual business.

duckroll

You should probably check out the Gundam Unicorn OVAs too.

We'll ease him in bit by bit. He'll probably eventually check out Gundam Unicorn, Hellsing Ultimate, Black Lagoon, Stand Alone Complex (if he hasn't seen it already), Moribito, etc. :D

And then he'll watch School Days.

Defuser

I have to double take to see whether it's really duckroll. You should read the light novels to see what has been cut and it really explains some confusing parts of the show.

does nothing for me personally. Please Help me out Gaf :)

Graces F was an odd choice, considering that the whole thing is about friendship and kids...but was possibly my favorie Tales, Asbel and Prince Richard
but perhaps redline
tumblr_m5w1pq1ob61ru3v4eo1_500.gif

or Dragon Age
tumblr_m4gg6dT4VN1qj06c7o1_500.gif

or some Zetman
tumblr_m3sdatmMKq1qae592o1_500.gif

ReaperXL7

When did you stop watching anime? Because if you're looking for recommendations for things which fit the sort of stuff you like, and you haven't seen any anime for more than 5 years, I have two movies to recommend to you! You will love both of these movies. I am 100% sure. Get the blu-rays from Amazon now!

I mostly fell out of it in the late 90's, early 00's a few things have cropped up over the years that have surprised me like Vandread, or Godannar like I mentioned previously, I've only seen bits and pieces but Gantz seemed pretty decent aswell. I know that a newer Trigun movie had come out somewhat recently I think but I still have not had a chance to see that.

I'll look into these two that you recommended though and see what comes of it, Is Sword of the Stranger anything like Ninja Scroll?

Graces F was an odd choice, considering that the whole thing is about friendship and kids...but was possibly my favorie Tales, Asbel and Prince Richard
but perhaps redline

Well someone in the other thread mentioned that the pictured I linked to was Fujoshi(?) style or something, it just looks alittle too soft for my taste. I don't know why but usually the only anime I can get into with Kids it usually Studio Gibli stuff strange I guess, but there has always been something about their movies i'm drawn to.

Also is Dragon Age based on the Bioware games? Not sure if want if thats the case lol

Articalys

Only two new anime-related games on the sales charts this week:

03./00. [3DS] Little Battlers eXperience: Explosive Boost <RPG> (Level 5) {2012.07.05} (¥4.400) - 55.614 / NEW
04./00. [PSP] Toriko: Gourmet Survival! 2 <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.230) - 43.790 / NEW

mAcOdIn

Um, you were wrong though, all of the details you were complaining about were wrong... I mean, yes, they don't do real piracy, but all of that stuff you were saying, about why the government allows them to attack people, etc... well, that's not really what's going on, and the show explains why.

Your defense here is apparently that you're focusing only on the bit you were sort of right about, but my point was that all of the things you were complaining about weren't accurate. If the complaint is that you wish they were real pirates, though, then sure, they aren't. But Space Pirates is the result of what you get when you mix a traditional sci-fi TV show with anime, so it shouldn't be surprising that the main characters are the good guys... (because, I mean, attacking random ships would be much more morally questionable of course.)
No, see, I don't know what you're arguing now. All I ever said is that in the show they're not presented or treated like Privateers and listed things I found weird. Like two of the pirates being school faculty, one of the pirates working at the space dock, the happy go lucky attitude of the school in regards to her being there or not, the school having a pirate ship, all I said is that this is a cozier relationship than what I'd consider the average realistic privateer enjoyed hundreds of years ago. That's all I was saying.

You go and explain the why's but that doesn't change the what, further you reminded me of their real job wich is like a glorified insurance scam that I had forgotten about which just further backs up my feelings that they're not really privateers in any sense of the word. So since we're not arguing the same thing I figure why even argue about it at all?
What, so you've never watched a bad anime? Hah... or is your excuse that you'd only watch a bad anime you think you could finish? Even so...
Excuse? My past? It's neither, I've seen bad anime, sure, but when you get right down to it I just don't want to watch something that I'm sure will suck and I really don't want to watch something that I think will suck and others are telling me to watch because they thought it sucked. I gain nothing in that scenario.
This is true, but the person on the show claimed that she was well trained.
Well by whos standards? If I'm not mistaken there was a period where the Soviet Union thought the Boy Scouts were a paramilitary group, some of them might have classified them as well trained! I'd also like to add that throughout history well trained warriors, soldiers and the like have been saved by ordinary people. Because someone is trained or the "warrior" in a scenario does not mean they always were going to win, always make the right choice and can't be saved by someone else. In fiction this becomes a problem because of poor writing. If you're a competent writer and you can make a believable scenario and believable characters, it works, if you're the author of Campione it doesn't work. Being that we're talking about at anime that has people fighting Gods it might be easy to forget or overlook this but remember that everyone is human. Just because I was in the Infantry for 5 years, for example, doesn't mean that I can't not get saved by a civilian. Heck it doesn't mean that I can't get saved by someone else in the military that's just not in a combat MOS that theoretically is no better suited to save me than a civilian.
Well, of course. That that difference exists is basically the definition of sexism, you know.
I don't think I'm getting my concept across.
As applied in that show, that's not "neutral sexism", if such a thing exists... no way. And I just won't accept "well because of the genre it's inevitable", that kind of acceptance of sexism does no good. And anyway, presenting women in stories as things which always must be rescued IS sexist, unquestionably. It's a negative stereotype, essentially.
This is what I'm saying:
You have a situation. The situation is not sexist. Guy saves girl. There's no sexism there. It's sexless. If you think that a guy saving a girl is always sexist no matter what then I don't know what to say. So when I read something along the lines of "and of course the guy saves the girl because it's sexist" I just kind of roll my eyes a little because, well, fucking really? One out of the only two possible scenarios of one human saving another is sexist by default? I don't fucking buy that.

So the situation may not be gender biased but it becomes sexist through context, the execution. Now in Campione it clearly is sexist. But it's not sexist because the guy saves the girl but because of why, how and the rest of the story surrounding that scene.

Now, in everything there is an undercurrent of sex, not sexism but sex, or gender if you must. These are what I consider inalienable truths. And it's because of this that I could imagine a person saying everything is sexist but then that's absurd. At some point you have to realize that we're all human beings, there are different sexes and that's that. So maybe to some people the guy saving the girl is hot. Ok. Maybe to me the girl saving the guy is hot, which it totally is, but you know, that's also sexist because it's driven by my personal tastes. So we're really going to say that both a guy saving a girl and a girl saving a guy is sexist? But what if it's written by a woman now? It's still sexist either way because now either her taste is showing through or, as some would say, her taste as conditioned by society is. So this whole problem is clearly not really a problem at all if there's no right answer and every human being suffers from it. And if none of them are right then there really can't be a wrong one either.

Which takes me back, again, to the real reason it's so easy to call any scene with a guy saving the girl sexist and that's prevalence. Again, if it were 50/50 no one would bat an eye at either scenario but since most of these mediums are still dominated by men we get the lopsided situation we have now. But, again, if the only reason a given thing is perceived as sexist is because it's not actually looked at individually but just when combined with the rest of mass media then that's not really a case of real sexism and can't, well shouldn't, be used as an argument for why it's sexist.

To me, once you've started removing the context of a given scenario and just start labeling the base scenario as sexist by default you've gone off the deep end. It's not sexist for a girl to be saved by a guy. It's not sexist for a girl to stay at home while the guy works. Nor are the opposites sexist. The only way they can really, truly be sexist is with the context around it. Like, is the woman staying at home because she wants to or because she has to? Is she in the kitchen because she wants to, forced to or rather because she just happens to cook better and doesn't want to cook but would rather cook herself than eat whatever shit the man would make? Context is what makes something harmful. So when you just blanket dislike empty scenarios irregardless of their context all I can think of is that you're being apologetic and that to me's a worthless state of mind. I think it cheapens the human experience and, if a sexist apologist had their way, really fucking gimps the amount of stories that can be told for no damn reason and completely fails in their purpose anyways.
There's that too, but the rescue scenes are the most obviously sexist ones.
This is insane. Everything they did to that girl's character after her rescue was far more harmful to her character as a woman than her getting saved. Her getting saved by a guy was the least sexist thing in the show.

And while the show never had a chance to really tell us, you know, there's no way to know if he really "saved" her in the first place. When you have a character that can jump ridiculous heights and fly with magic shoes who's to say she wouldn't have saved herself without him there? Who's to say she was even in danger in the first place?
Hey, I drop shows all the time... I certainly do not finish everything I start, not even close. Are there a few cases of shows I found really, unpleasantly sexist that I've finished? Yes, but not all that many... I generally try to avoid such things. Perhaps you are right that I watch too much of them despite that, but the problem is, sexism's so pervasive in anime that if I wanted to avoid it entirely I don't know if there'd be anything left...
There wouldn't. By your definition at least there wouldn't. By mine, heck there'd be not too many left either.
You quite exaggerate how often I watch particularly bad shows...
No, there's no exaggeration here. I mean you just got done with a huge defense of Angel Beats for Christ's sake.
Well yeah, my point there was that there's no logic to be found in analyzing scenes such as those. :)
I didn't analyze the scene or anything like that, it was so disjointed and sudden I thought WTF instantly.
like I said above, if stupid generic anime scenes got me to stop watching shows, I'd watch a whole lot less anime.
And this would be a bad thing? When you're watching shit like Angel Beats and Upotte I think you can stand to watch less personally.
And her character is kind of annoying and generic, and certainly stereotyped in negative ways that I don't like, but her character isn't not the type I dislike the most on sight, like, say, that first girl in the Imouto show is. I kind of like tsundere characters... (see: Rin Tohsaka, Naru in Love Hina, etc.)
Was she a tsundere? I don't think so. Not that I think they really gave enough of her character away for one to say.
That would certainly entirely redeem her character, but unfortunately I don't see that happening. :( (It's usually too bad when the tsundere inevitably falls for the undeserving moron lead...)
Sadly I always do this. Whenever I'm presented a character that's broken because of the writers inability to write the character I go and impose some awesome devious trait to explain why the character is broken just to be let down further. Like Char in Infinite Stratos.
Arcana Famigila has way more characters, period, so there's no way you can make a fair comparison there.
And every one of them's a worse character than the two in Campione, hence worse show. Also more sexist too!
Yes, that is what I was thinking of. And my answer to that would be that hte answer is that anime fantasy isn't really set in the past at all, or if it is it's not set before the 1800s, so why should the modern world surprise her? Anime fantasy basically is modern in a lot of the ways that matter... of course as I made quite clear in that post I linked I really, really dislike that fact, but that IS how it is. So, I think that that element of Estetica is COMPLETELY, totally stupid, horrible, and represents awful writing, but I'm not surprised in the least. I wish I was, but I'm not at all. :(
It's set when it's set. The alternate dimension in Estetica though, that's fiction, no sense in getting worked up too much about it. There really is no telling how a civilization may spring up if left alone so comparing it to Earth's past is just as silly as taking it at face value in my opinion.
I'd say I definitely care more about world consistency than character consistency.
Such poor taste.

Ultimadrago

Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team 1

Or0OT.png

A boy ready for war! (or peace?)

Shiro Amada, an energetic young male that knows how to destroy mecha in ways that others never even dream of!
He meets the person who is most likely the main girl and helps her "against her will."

hfOyh.png

Damn, Aina, not too fast now!

Overall, a nice watch about a soldier's confrontation with a female mecha pilot. I liked it as an opener. The battle was alright, if only to be a bridge for the major meeting. The main character shares some from the "I'll believe no matter what!" archetype, but I wasn't annoyed by it. The battle for Earth interests me and I hope there will be some great 2D mecha action to come. Of course, not to forget the character interactions, as I was fond of most of them. There's definitely development to be had within the squad and outside when regarding the political tensions.

Until next week!

Ultimadrago

Also is Dragon Age based on the Bioware games? Not sure if want if thats the case lol

Yes, it is based on Bioware's Dragon Age series.
If you want to see amazingly hideous CG with a laughable story, then look no further!

If you want to watch something good, look further.

Uchip

Banned
Yes, it is based on Bioware's Dragon Age series.
If you want to see amazingly hideous CG with a laughable story, then look no further!

If you want to watch something good, look further.

coming to this thread for recommendations requires you to know who to take seriously

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Well, in my defense, it's not just great action sequences. I actually think the concept of the game world, the dynamics they talk about, and the rules/objectives for the battles are really good. It's not badly designed stuff with good animation and direction, but rather if the entire show was about people just playing the game, it would be great. The real world scenes on the other hand, are just terrible generic anime harem shit. Shitty excuses to shove the character designs in your face, while the main character gets his ego stoked by cute girls. Awful.

But kuroyikihime..... T_T

duckroll

I'll look into these two that you recommended though and see what comes of it, Is Sword of the Stranger anything like Ninja Scroll?

I'm sure there would be people who draw comparisons between Sword of the Stranger and Ninja Scroll because they are both action packed movies featuring male swordsman leads, but no they're not really alike.

Ninja Scroll is a exploitation film made to appeal to base male desires for sex and violence, with over the top nudity and gore. It has little moral merit, but is pretty entertaining for those looking for male-gaze 90s style "anime action".

Sword of the Stranger is an extremely well made period action movie which is a love song to the beauty and historical merit of classic martial arts and samurai movies. It is a film which doesn't glorify violence but has no problems presenting in a way which is entertaining in context. In that sense, it has more in common with the great Kenshin OVA than Ninja Scroll.

duckroll

Redline is actually a good movie though.

I'm sure the people who like Speed Racer also feel it is a good movie. The reasons why they like Speed Racer and consider it a good movie are similar to the reasons why people who like Redline consider that to be a good movie.

I hate Speed Racer because I simply cannot appreciate the cheese and "fun" in the movie. It's mostly a turn off to me and just feels stupid. But yet I cannot deny the technical achievement which the movie is. Amazing visuals, great experimental directing, creative transitions, and high octane pace from start to end.

I like Redline. I don't love it as much as some people do, because I have issues with some of the characters and the overall message of the movie. But at least I found the movie fun and entertaining because I was able to get into the tone of the film and what they were going for. Again, the technical achievement for this film is undeniable. The direction, the visuals, the art, the animation, the colors, everything is off the charts. It also has a high octane pace from start to end.

So yeah, I do think they're very similar films, but they might not appeal to the exact same group of people.

ReaperXL7

I'm sure there would be people who draw comparisons between Sword of the Stranger and Ninja Scroll because they are both action packed movies featuring male swordsman leads, but no they're not really alike.

Ninja Scroll is a exploitation film made to appeal to base male desires for sex and violence, with over the top nudity and gore. It has little moral merit, but is pretty entertaining for those looking for male-gaze 90s style "anime action".

Sword of the Stranger is an extremely well made period action movie which is a love song to the beauty and historical merit of classic martial arts and samurai movies. It is a film which doesn't glorify violence but has no problems presenting in a way which is entertaining in context. In that sense, it has more in common with the great Kenshin OVA than Ninja Scroll.

i'm ok with this, lol I liked Ninja scroll personally, but I understand that its not really a deep movie so something similar but with some purpose and depth sounds great, I should also mention that I do like drama/suspence stuff aswell Pefect Blue (always seemed like an eastern take on hitchcock) comes to mind, I guess with games a good example would be the Yakuza games, does not have to be just action stuff.

I know it's not really mainstream or anything but really the thing that made me stop watching anime the most was when a friend of mine recommended a movie to me called Bible Black, My thoughts were "oh hey cool a magic based anime, i'll give it a shot"......I was not prepared for what came after though..

survivor

Banned
I know it's not really mainstream or anything but really the thing that made me stop watching anime the most was when a friend of mine recommended a movie to me called Bible Black, My thoughts were "oh hey cool a magic based anime, i'll give it a shot"......I was not prepared for what came after though..

Uhh, did your friend warn you that it was hentai?

If you like suspense stuff I highly recommend you watch Kaiji

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom