• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

It's pretty cool that Accel World seems to have these really nice sakuga scenes, yet we can still look back and remember that awful bathroom art.

It's because we see Cartman as he pictures himself. He's actually taller in real life. So the bathroom fixtures conform to his form when we view it from his perspective.

Dresden

Until a roving gang of PKers come and murder you.

That's a risk, but as long as you stick close to cities--where PVP is opt-in only as oppose to the free for all of the wild--you can do fine.

Also, PKing is going to get you gibbed if you get caught. Society abhors a vacuum and various organizations coalesce after the start of the game to fill in that void. They'll police themselves, although 'justice' is a concept that's very malleable in a setting where level= power.

That's a risk, but as long as you stick close to cities--where PVP is opt-in only as oppose to the free for all of the wild--you can do fine.

Also, PKing is going to get you gibbed if you get caught. Society abhors a vacuum and various organizations coalesce after the start of the game to fill in that void. They'll police themselves, although 'justice' is a concept that's very malleable in a setting where level= power.
Considering that in most MMOs no amount of nooblets can kill a high level player, I can see that going very south very fast.

wonzo

Banned
Moyashimon 7

moyashimon7.jpg
moyashimon7a.jpg
moyashimon7b.jpg

if only irl uni was as cool as this place is. there was some very nice sakuga in this ep and the next one sounds like some epic shit's gonna go down

Instro

Moyashimon 7

if only irl uni was as cool as this place is. there was some very nice sakuga in this ep and the next one sounds like some epic shit's gonna go down

I blasted through 6-11 earlier today. Episode 8 is pretty amazing...for various reasons.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Accel World 13
Now you have no reason to watch this episode.

YES, I'm caught up now. Now I have to catch up with all the other six series I put on hold... oh dear.
It's because we see Cartman as he pictures himself. He's actually taller in real life. So the bathroom fixtures conform to his form when we view it from his perspective.
But if Cartman is supposed to be a cipher for the viewer, what does this say about us?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Where is the line drawn though?
At least 5cm away from me so that I am just out of reach of the fanfiction realm.

But if you want to delve into concepts that skirt around the fiction of fans we can discuss the plug being pulled out of the headset (despite what they said about the internal battery, it would only last so long like a laptop) and if the Internet cuts out thus you are disconnected from the game and so the headset stop receiving signals. Though I wouldn't be surprised if this is later covered through the subject of magic wifi. Like real wifi, but magic.

I hate you BGBW:

lol
I aim to please.

I know it's supposed to be
Hinagiku
, but everyone forgets
Maria1

Speaking of the drama... lol

Maria can't be best girl. MC's can't be attracted to best girl. That's law.

Hamster would be better if she actually played a role in the show. Like her whole existence is for close ups of her shoving shit in her mouth erotically.

Watched Summer Wars on Blu-ray recently (bought it from a GAF'er). It was fantastic! Nice visuals and artwork, a great dub and features an awesome grandma. That bloody nose - he's doing it all in his head!

Going to watch Redline on Blu-ray next.

wonzo

Banned
Accel World 1

Seeing screen-caps of the magical school toilets is one thing but to see it in motion sure is something else entirely. also the MC has to be the most self loathing gary stu ever made goddamn

Watched Summer Wars on Blu-ray recently (bought it from a GAF'er). It was fantastic! Nice visuals and artwork, a great dub and features an awesome grandma. That bloody nose - he's doing it all in his head!

Going to watch Redline on Blu-ray next.
Have you seen The Girl Who Leapt Through Time?

high school of the dead season 2?

There was a pseudo-announcement at the end of the OVA that HSotD would continue, but nothing has happened since then. I remember someone here saying the director had left Madhouse or what remains of it, so it might be dead unfortunately. And not the good kind of dead that rises again so you can kill it again.

It is. I read the first two volumes yesterday. On one hand it's still a shallow wish fulfillment fantasy, but it's enjoyable in this really earnest, nerdy way. The worldbuilding is surprisingly good and the side stories are all fun.

I started reading it because of this post. W-what? I-it's not as if I'm kind of e-enjoying it or anything! D-don't expect me to thank you for this, it couldn't be helped!

Asuna is pretty excessive in the wish-fulfillment category. They really expect us to believe that someone in a high-level raiding guild would waste time leveling cooking just so she can be a better waifu for Kirito? The MMO player in me laughs at the very idea!

wonzo

Banned
Accel World 2

accel2.jpg

the self pity's pretty hilarious in its own way

What I don't get is why someone would develop a program that would significant slow down ones perception of time and waste in on something dumb like a multi-player game. Oh well, at least the action scenes are entertaining.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Play some Steins;Gate, have my mind blown by the idea of time dilation, Wikipedia it, end up having hour long conversation with friend (who is physics major) about physics.

We need a VN thread. Do we have a VN thread?

Oh cool, thanks.

I have even posted in there before, imagine that. Think I kept posting impressions about Saya no Uta when they got me to play it and marathon it in one night.

Kirito is stuck in SAO. Level: 24. Dies 20 months in during a boss fight.

Asuna is stuck in SAO. Level: 3. Dies 1 month in while killing mobs.

I guess whoever made this wouldn't have hard-coded something for them, because that would be a spoiler.

/XX/

Play some Steins;Gate, have my mind blown by the idea of time dilation, Wikipedia it, end up having hour long conversation with friend (who is physics major) about physics.
Even though I've played the STEINS;GATE visual novel, the first thing I think of when I hear about time dilation is Aim for the Top! Gunbuster. It really is a central part of it!

StayDead

Just watched the second Arcana Familia, not as good as the first, but Ferechiita (not sure what that'd be in English) was unbelievably cute in that dress. Also kittens are cool <3

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

We need a VN thread. Do we have a VN thread?

Oh cool, thanks.

I have even posted in there before, imagine that. Think I kept posting impressions about Saya no Uta when they got me to play it and marathon it in one night.
Tomat upgraded to Bromat.

The release schedule this season seems really tilted towards the weekend. It makes the middle of the week feel really dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom