• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Man thanks for making me feel old.

My pleasure. Though one must remember the show is 11 years old now.

New Testament was way worse (shotgun rape and shit). But my very first anime ever was Urotsukidoji at the age of 13 or 14 or something (or the first anime I've seen that wasn't for kids), so Bible Black didn't really have much impact anymore by the time I've seen it..
Yeah, that shotgun scene was pretty messed up. I hadn't actually realised there was more to the original story until recently. I did make sure to make up for that mistake as quickly as possible.

A friend showed me Urotsukidoji ages ago, well before Bible Black and when anime still equal Pokémon. Don't even remember if we watched the whole thing. This would be the same friend who first showed me rule 34 images of Misty.

Dresden

Asuna is pretty excessive in the wish-fulfillment category. They really expect us to believe that someone in a high-level raiding guild would waste time leveling cooking just so she can be a better waifu for Kirito? The MMO player in me laughs at the very idea!

The existence of Archaelogy in WoW makes that notion very plausible. You'd be surprised at the kind of time people will invest in the most inane things. :p

7Th

I hope the Sushio/MomoCloZ collaboration pays off some day. I would love to see these designs animated:

hm1YJ.jpg

bkw83.jpg

It would be like AKB0048, except good.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I started reading it because of this post. W-what? I-it's not as if I'm kind of e-enjoying it or anything! D-don't expect me to thank you for this, it couldn't be helped!

Asuna is pretty excessive in the wish-fulfillment category. They really expect us to believe that someone in a high-level raiding guild would waste time leveling cooking just so she can be a better waifu for Kirito? The MMO player in me laughs at the very idea!

Yeah. She does it in her free time and it's not like they're trying every minute of their lives to clear floors.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The existence of Archaelogy in WoW makes that notion very plausible. You'd be surprised at the kind of time people will invest in the most inane things. :p

This is true. Back then, when I wasn't raiding... I was usually doing fishing achievements.

survivor

Banned
Tari Tari 1

Everyone looks the same, it's so annoying. I can't even tell these two girls apart, the one with the hat and the other one.

Outside of that very standard mostly boring first episode. None of the things shown in the first episode were interesting or unique enough and the characters aren't special at all. I will give it 2 more episodes but right now out of what I'm watching from this season, this is the second worst anime

kayos90

Have you already seen the ones I recommended besides those two?

Nope! Will watch! Thanks for the rec!

Tari Tari 1

Everyone looks the same, it's so annoying. I can't even tell these two girls apart, the one with the hat and the other one.

Outside of that very standard mostly boring first episode. I'm not seeing what's the great hook of the anime and the characters aren't special at all.

But Konatsu..... T_T

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm pretty sure every guild has one or two maxed cooks to get the buffs from the food.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

The existence of WoW itself makes this very plausible. I have friends who made over 40k just by selling raid food on the AH.

Haly

Also since this was written in 2002, I wouldn't be surprised if it had excruciatingly slow regenerating HP, food should help with that.

Tari Tari 1

Outside of that very standard mostly boring first episode.

I saw screens of it and that probably confirms what I imagined it would be like. Only one moment looked really good but the rest seemed really standard, probably just follow impressions ro see what friends say at the end to see if its worth watching.

Dresden

I'm pretty sure every guild has one or two maxed cooks to get the buffs from the food.

In that case they leveled it for a tangible benefit, though. Cooking in SAO is just... there.

Also since this was written in 2002, I wouldn't be surprised if it had excruciatingly slow regenerating HP, food should help with that.
There's battle skills that hugely up HP regen! Ahead of its time!

Haly

Then I guess cooking is part of the immersion factor!

Tari Tari 1

Outside of that very standard mostly boring first episode. None of the things shown in the first episode were interesting or unique enough and the characters aren't special at all. I will give it 2 more episodes but right now out of what I'm watching from this season, this is the second worst anime

Yeah had that problem too. By 2nd eps I realized they do have different shades of hair. And Sawa has boobs and a hat!

Dresden

it makes sense if food is one of the few pleasures they can still experience.
unless that's changed since last I heard!

The problem is that
you have a limited number of skill slots, and there's no distinction between combat skills and crafting/etc, so if you decide to cook a ton, you're losing out on something that could actually save you.

Jex

Well, in my defense, it's not just great action sequences. I actually think the concept of the game world, the dynamics they talk about, and the rules/objectives for the battles are really good. It's not badly designed stuff with good animation and direction, but rather if the entire show was about people just playing the game, it would be great. The real world scenes on the other hand, are just terrible generic anime harem shit. Shitty excuses to shove the character designs in your face, while the main character gets his ego stoked by cute girls. Awful.

So you're saying I have to watch it now? God dammit.

Narag

The problem is that
you have a limited number of skill slots, and there's no distinction between combat skills and crafting/etc, so if you decide to cook a ton, you're losing out on something that could actually save you.

I'd wondered about that ever since the MC brought up there was so many skills. Wasn't sure if it was limited or if they could respec!

Haly

The problem is that
She's using her cooking to
attract to MC so he'll protect her.

Feminine wiles!

kayos90

I'd wondered about that ever since the MC brought up there was so many skills. Wasn't sure if it was limited or if they could respec!

Probably not limited. At least not by the system. However, probably limited by the player's own choice. After all, mastering it takes a while and you'd only want to master a few skills at a time or it'd take forever.

Dresden

It's an old MMO, respec is for WoW kiddies!
She's using her cooking to
attract to MC so he'll protect her.

Feminine wiles!
Devious.
Probably not limited. At least not by the system. However, probably limited by the player's own choice. After all, mastering it takes a while and you'd only want to master a few skills at a time or it'd take forever.

It's limited by level. Problem is that (Minor spoilers)
after two years, Kirito has twelve skill slots, only three of which he is close to maxing out.

Jex

Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team 1
Shiro Amada, an energetic young male that knows how to destroy mecha in ways that others never even dream of!
He meets the person who is most likely the main girl and helps her "against her will."

Those screenshots do not look pleasant. I thought the US DVD release was better than that?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team 1
Shiro Amada, an energetic young male that knows how to destroy mecha in ways that others never even dream of!
He meets the person who is most likely the main girl and helps her "against her will."

Enjoy! The best Gundam has to offer imo. One of the few times where Gundam romance doesn't make you want to stab your eyes out and the characters are not insufferable which is not par for the course for that franchise.

Jex

Accel World 2

What I don't get is why someone would develop a program that would significant slow down ones perception of time and waste in on something dumb like a multi-player game. Oh well, at least the action scenes are entertaining.

Look at you, starting at the beginning of the series. As I have no respect for the show at all I don't have any problem skipping straight to episode eight, which is what I am about to do (god help me).

survivor

Banned
Kokoro Connect 1

So they have this crazy body swapping idea and do they even bother to do something interesting or wild with it? Nope, just standard crap. Honestly, just make an anime adaptation of Yamada and the Seven Witches cause it's much better than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom