• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I can't wait until all of the Nisemonogatari OSTs are finally released. I need a full version of Kaiki's theme in my life.

wonzo

Banned
Yurumate 3D 13

ibbIpkoNkPNotp.jpg

sae's imouto is pretty moe but not as moe as a maid or penguin outfit

Soma

I have been listening to some Bakemonogatari OST before I finish watching the last episode and Ika, Kaisou and Senjougahara Tore are my favourite tracks

It's been a while since I've watched the show but I remember really enjoying the mellow, downtempo soundtrack from Bakemono.

Not the most memorable stuff out there but perfect for someone who enjoys that type of music like myself.

Narag

Sailor Moon S 121

Even Hotaru gets the shadowed face treatment. So awesome. Kaorinite being reawakened? Doubly so.
Seems like I'm hearing a bunch of musical cues I hadn't heard in a while either.
New girl is friggin' crazy too. Or maybe that's a was now. Jesus.

This doesn't really work in a profile shot.

duckroll

Fate Zero Screening Report:

Sadly, the screenings had the same content as the original broadcast. :(

For the QA sessions, Koyama was the big ham that took up most of the presence despite not answering most of the questions. Astounded the audience with his very passable English, and even did Kiritsugu's final lines in English. Amazing guy.

For duckroll's question, Kondo told me that ufotable is a very tight knit group, and for all the time they spend together they end up knowing the strengths of their peers. So it's rather irrelevant that somebody is new to a particular role or not, since they wouldn't have been chosen for that role if they weren't up to task for it to begin with. It seems that Kondo believes experience isn't nearly as important as their own expertise. Might have gotten some thing mixed up since it was hard to hear the translator up close, but that's the general gist.

The session finished off with somebody asking if ufotable any plans to animate FSN. Iwakami said that it's up to TM. Kondo then went on a rather long explanation of how even if they to do it, it would be a very daunting task due to the amount of planning involved. Koyama cut in five minutes into the explanation with a "SOON", which got laughs from everybody.

Nice. I appreciate the report. Too bad they didn't show unedited versions of the episodes. Maybe they aren't even complete yet. Kondo does seem to know his staff very well, and it's nice to see a studio which believes in their own internal talent. So F/SN remake by Ufotable confirmed for 2014? :)

TRSI releasing full DVD sets for Ristorante Paradiso, Hyakko, and Aoi Hana.

www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-29/right-stuf-adds-ristorante-paradiso-hyakko-aoi-hana

Part of a new label called "Lucky Penny" that will be for "high-quality and budget-friendly editions of anime".

Yay! Aoi Hana! <3 <3

Ultimadrago

Gintama 3

Bad sisters punch their brothers when they are not working at abusive jobs!

I'm guessing this is when the show begins to display it's shifting tone from "comedic" to more "serious". I'll say that
selling property
is a bit out of the books for a conflict. It does seem to be just a vehicle for Gin and Shinpachi to get acquainted enough to a bond. Therefore, I'm okay with it.

So about the wooden sword, he said he
got it on some school trip
but...(is it made of some special wood?)

survivor

Banned
Bakemonogatari 14

Hanekawa's cat laugh is amazing

I'm still confused about why
Cat Hanekawa is helping Araragi to track down Shinobu. She said something about stress manifestation and so on but it still didn't make sense.

1stStrike

Banned
Yurumate 3D 13

sae's imouto is pretty moe but not as moe as a maid or penguin outfit

Da fuck. Another anime character wearing a penguin suit? We need some kind of anime penguin suit timeline or something. That's at least the 3rd or 4th one I've seen.

TRSI releasing full DVD sets for Ristorante Paradiso, Hyakko, and Aoi Hana.

www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2012-06-29/right-stuf-adds-ristorante-paradiso-hyakko-aoi-hana

Part of a new label called "Lucky Penny" that will be for "high-quality and budget-friendly editions of anime".

I'm glad to see Right Stuf's record of picking up classy shows continue, but if this new budget label means they won't receive the attractive packaging Nozomi provides it'll be unfortunate. In any case, good to see Aoi Hana licensed.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Acchi Kocchi 12:

I'm going to miss this show SO MUCH!! ;_; Where will I get my Tsumiki fix? She's just so cute! She and Io are so cute together! This entire show is soooooooo cute! :3 :3

... I love cute anime.

duckroll

Oh, if I'm reading this right, apparently the new Hayate no Gotoku anime won't even be following the manga, but will have an original script by Hata? That's interesting.

Also, it looks like the second season of Seitokai no Ichizon is going to be this fall as well.

Well, the text says "The new anime is a brand new Hayate no Gotoku! This fall we'll present to you a story filled with love and laughs conceived by Mr. Hata." I'm not familiar with the material at all, so I dunno if it means they're doing an original story, or that they're just adapting a new series based on the manga material.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oh, if I'm reading this right, apparently the new Hayate no Gotoku anime won't even be following the manga, but will have an original script by Hata? That's interesting.

Interest is now nonzero. I hated Hayate S2 because it basically turned into a harem while discarding a lot of the humor that made S1 so great, so if this is an original production, there's a chance that it might be its own thing instead of following S2's mold so closely.

edit: nevermind if what duckroll says is true

Sailor Moon S 122

Locket music always gets to me. :(

I never asked for this.
If how it's been handled so far is any clue, it means he's due to get involved directly soon.

Something looks a little off here too.

At this point, I'm convinced that Ami is never going to have a good character episode.

Ultimadrago

Gintama 4

This episode enters the readhead, Kagura. You know, whenever I saw screenshots of this show, I always expected her voice to be a bit deeper. It seems that she's actually quite younger than I thought and with one of those constantly big appetites no less.

Additionally, I got a chuckle out of a JUMP-craving Gintoki. That rush when you are looking for something that seems to be nowhere in stores is a feel I can empathize with.

Well, the text says "The new anime is a brand new Hayate no Gotoku! This fall we'll present to you a story filled with love and laughs conceived by Mr. Hata." I'm not familiar with the material at all, so I dunno if it means they're doing an original story, or that they're just adapting a new series based on the manga material.

Yeah, that's kind of vague. Could mean either really. Guess we'll see.

wonzo

Banned
Ginga e Kickoff!! 13

What the fuck is wrong with this ref? How is kicking an intentional own goal a greater sin than diving or physical violence? Fortunately
the triplets managed to put that piece of shit in his place with the coach tightening the screw in just that little bit further!!

Narag

Sailor Moon S 123

I really like the bond between
Puu & Chibiusa
It's a great holdover from R and doesn't have her coming across as disaffected as Uranus & Neptune. Dat Senshi teamwork was excellent too. It's a shame we haven't had more of that so far.
Scene with Tomoe facing down Uranus & Neptune? I thought this section wrapping up Witches 5 was dragging a bit but now I'm all excited for the final episodes.
Fuck,everything from the lab on was great.
Tomoe's manipulation of his subordinates was masterful.

Oh wow, I thought I had another 7 or 8 eps to go. Not the case.

Is Rozen Maiden a decent series to pick up? Just watched the first two episodes at Anime Network and thought it might be worth continuing, or even going all out and buying the complete collection.

duckroll

Re: Hayate.

What I do find definitive is that based on the wording it really doesn't seem like a "season 3" like you guys expected previously. They're really banking it being a "brand new anime" so it could either be completely original, or a reboot like FMA:B.

survivor

Banned
Bakemonogatari 15

Well that wraps up the final arc.
I liked how Shinobu was hiding in Araragi's shadow, pretty clever. Cat Hanekawa was one of my favourite oddities so far and I hope she makes some sort of appearance in Nise, though I don't think it matters that much since I doubt I will watch it anytime soon.

Anyway, I liked it. It had sad and interesting stories, Senjougahara is an amazing character, and I'm very impressed for a series about characters standing still talking, it kept me really engaged. The Shaft style only annoyed me for a little when I took two long breaks while catching up, but I generally stopped noticing it once I start watching.

So I guess Shaft is 3/3 right now. Next up is either Arakawa Under the Bridge or Natsu no Arashi

Lain

Brain Powerd 15-26 [END]

Tomino is a hack.
Leaving aside all the bullshit in the show, his directing is maybe one of the worst offending aspects and given how shitty the characters, and their interactions and motivation, are, that's a feat.

With this out of the way, I'll tackle the Utena movie next.

Articalys

Crunchyroll has a nice little write-up on Viz's presentation of Neon Alley earlier today. Notable points:

- the intent behind the service is to fill in a gap for uncut English dubbed anime, since there hasn't really been a broadcast outlet for that yet
- they figured $7/month with limited advertising as the best way to deliver the content at the lowest price possible,
- the goal is to air everything from anime to other animated shorts, OVAs, music videos, behind the scenes, industry news (partnering with ANN for this), and live action within the scope of the channel's programming
- for shows airing on Neon Alley first, cable channels aren't left out of being able to broadcast them since the service is meant to supplement TV broadcasts and not replace them entirely
- only available on game consoles in US and Canada, will announce exactly which partners later

Narag

Sailor Moon S 124

Suddenly, goo girls.
Oh shit, Tomoe in full evil genius mode and out of the shadows. That transition was great after all the back & forth that's gone on. His design isn't that great when he's fully illuminated but man, all the stuff in the shadows built a foundation that lets him sell it at this point.

Secret identities pay off at last too.

1stStrike

Banned
It's been slow going on this for me. I still can't get over the saliva thing. I'm going to give it one more episode, but I don't think I'm going to be able to soldier through this one if this weird saliva shit keeps up.

It's been slow going on this for me. I still can't get over the saliva thing. I'm going to give it one more episode, but I don't think I'm going to be able to soldier through this one if this weird saliva shit keeps up.

You gotta watch the boob episode. You have to!

Nice. I appreciate the report. Too bad they didn't show unedited versions of the episodes. Maybe they aren't even complete yet. Kondo does seem to know his staff very well, and it's nice to see a studio which believes in their own internal talent. So F/SN remake by Ufotable confirmed for 2014? :)

Kondo seemed to hint that they weren't complete. He also mentioned that the last two episodes were demanding to Aoki, since he had to work on them at the same time.

This is also the first time that Aoki and Koyama actually watched these episodes, too.

Uchip

Banned

you're doing alright
I made it through the first episode and stopped

Is Rozen Maiden a decent series to pick up? Just watched the first two episodes at Anime Network and thought it might be worth continuing, or even going all out and buying the complete collection.
I recently started it, really not my type of thing but im actually enjoying it.
Im only 4 in though so probably not much help.

After seeing the Love Hina soundtrack on one of my old MP3 players, I really need to do a rewatch soon.
Love that show.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

I prefer the manga a lot better than the anime, but some of the story is different enough that you can enjoy both. I like the show, but I don't know why...... -.-

1stStrike

Banned
you're doing alright
I made it through the first episode and stopped

I feel like I should have done the same. I mean, she [spoiler[pulls a random testtube out of her bag, drools in it and then tells him to lick the drool before bed.[/spoiler]

And then he does it!

david-tennant-doctor-who.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom