• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sacred Blacksmith 3
NjHIW.jpg

The Light Blacksmithing Club
Cute medieval girls doing cute medieval girl things, and poor Luke had to fetch the tea himself for once. Then weird worm infested prisoners attacked the city. Sometimes you kinda forget this is one show until they interact with each other. The attack on the city isn't resolved yet, so the next episode should see more fighting.
ZiMdm.jpg

Yes, this is the same show.

Fate Zero Screening Report:

Sadly, the screenings had the same content as the original broadcast. :(

For the QA sessions, Koyama was the big ham that took up most of the presence despite not answering most of the questions. Astounded the audience with his very passable English, and even did Kiritsugu's final lines in English. Amazing guy.

For duckroll's question, Kondo told me that ufotable is a very tight knit group, and for all the time they spend together they end up knowing the strengths of their peers. So it's rather irrelevant that somebody is new to a particular role or not, since they wouldn't have been chosen for that role if they weren't up to task for it to begin with. It seems that Kondo believes experience isn't nearly as important as their own expertise. Might have gotten some thing mixed up since it was hard to hear the translator up close, but that's the general gist.

The session finished off with somebody asking if ufotable any plans to animate FSN. Iwakami said that it's up to TM. Kondo then went on a rather long explanation of how even if they to do it, it would be a very daunting task due to the amount of planning involved. Koyama cut in five minutes into the explanation with a "SOON", which got laughs from everybody.

1stStrike

Banned
Everyone wants a tag until they actually get one.

That's true. I thought, back in the day, that if I got a tag it would have been something witty, but instead it ended up being some mod nerd raging at a word that was spelled different in English and British :p

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The session finished off with somebody asking if ufotable any plans to animate FSN. Iwakami said that it's up to TM. Kondo then went on a rather long explanation of how even if they to do it, it would be a very daunting task due to the amount of planning involved. Koyama cut in five minutes into the explanation with a "SOON", which got laughs from everybody.

Do it, Type-Moon.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maturity right here, bitches.
Funnily enough I didn't get this tag for being mature, or for the use of the word "bitches".

I also attended a GAF meet-up with my dad! check ausgaf for more details!
I'm attending the London meetup myself.

Lies, I was perfectly happy with my first tag. :(
And some people don't even get one and you complain about getting another one.

The main advantage of tags is that no matter what you post people can't accuse you of tag fishing.

Fate Zero Screening Report:

More Fate stuff by ufotable will be welcomed by me.

I guess the best thing with viz's Neon Alley will be that everything dubbed will see dvd and blu ray release, so Zetman, the already mentioned Blue Exorcist, ftw! and I guess Nura and Lagrange for designs by nissan and the non vox users.

wonzo

Banned
News: Crunchyroll to stream “Tari Tari” and “Sword Art Online”
News: Crunchyroll to stream “Kokoro Connect” and “La storia della Arcana Famiglia”
‪News: Crunchyroll to stream “Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita” and “Natsuyuki Rendezvous”
News: Crunchyroll to stream “Campione!” and “So, I Can't Play H!”
News: Crunchyroll to stream “Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere Season 2” and “Chitose Get You!!”

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...2-anime-season
Not bad, now they just need to pick up Moyashimon Returns, Binbougami-Ga!, Joshiraku and Oda Nobuna and then I'll be set!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Mine, after 3 years, was changed back from my negative title to plain ol member. Coincidentally, this happened the same day I joined the IRC channel.

Hey, man, amazing things can happen when you enter #animegaf for the first time. I got a permaban overturned!

Just missing Hermes and the KyoAni short.

Shiawasette Naani is on niconico if you want to see it for completionist reasons. It's easy to understand with even minimal Japanese comprehension.

I... I just... wow.

It kinda grosses me out watching him suck the spit off her finger multiple times in this episode. I can just imagine it escalating to her hocking up a loogie in his mouth or something.

*shudder*
Its kinda funny because it grosses me out every time yet flapping a tongue around someone else's mouth doesn't get a second thought.

1stStrike

Banned
Its kinda funny because it grosses me out every time yet flapping a tongue around someone else's mouth doesn't get a second thought.

It's all about perception. You don't actually see their tongue or the saliva when you or someone else is kissing.

But, if you were walking in public and someone just like hocks a loogie in their hand and their boyfriend starts licking it up or something, I guarantee you'll notice that.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's all about perception. You don't actually see their tongue or the saliva when you or someone else is kissing.

But, if you were walking in public and someone just like hocks a loogie in their hand and their boyfriend starts licking it up or something, I guarantee you'll notice that.

Saliva is pure and lovely mouth-nectar. Phlegm isn't!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon R 71

Yuri sisters ahoy! This episode wasn't as good as the last one,
it's always silly when a badguy is all "LET'S SETTLE THIS LIFE AND DEATH STRUGGLE WITH *insert innocuous game here*". Which isn't to say it can't be pulled off (and for some reason it's usually chess...) but it was kind of meh here.

To put it simply, Koan > 2nd sister.

Uchip

Banned
Girls in anime are clean. I completely believe Tsubaki whenever he says dat drool tastes sweet.

Id say less clean
theyre much more willing to engage in harems and incestual relationships
and lets not even talk about panty and stocking!

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sakamichi no Apollon 10-12 -END-

I really liked this show. The hype had me thinking it'd be the second coming... And, well, it wasn't. But it was still really enjoyable.

Kaoru, Ritsuko and Sentarou were characters I felt connected to, despite the fact that Kaoru was constantly trying to fuck things up with his stupidity.
In the end, though, the bromance prevailed. Not during high school, obviously, because everyone knows that high school freaking sucks.

The final episode was pretty cool. I think I saw someone complaining about the
time skip earlier, but I felt it was appropriate. Waching older versions of the characters in those final minutes was really satisfying.

Good, classy stuff.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon R 72

So Toei decided to just speed things up
and heal the 2 older sisters in one episode. I'm very glad they didn't kill any of them off, as far as villains go they weren't bad enough to merit it. Anyway, now that Chibiusa knows where the silver crystal is (I thought she knew from the start that Sailor Moon was Usagi? I guess not...) and who all the sailors are, the next arc should be great!

Defuser

Lttp but Hayate no gotoku by manglobe? The movie is terrible and manglobe has fallen from grace. Should have went back into the hands of J.C.Staff or SP Synergy.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Lttp but Hayate no gotoku by manglobe? The movie is terrible and manglobe has fallen from grace. Should have went back into the hands of J.C.Staff or SP Synergy.

:(

From what I've been told, SynergySP isn't totally dead but they don't produce their own anime anymore. I would give anything for a second season of Zettai Karen Children from them.

survivor

Banned
I have been listening to some Bakemonogatari OST before I finish watching the last episode and Ika, Kaisou and Senjougahara Tore are my favourite tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom