• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sket Dance 64

I find it interesting how this whole arc had a much different tone and direction style even though the content wasn't THAT different from the norm. It was definitely interesting to see a bunch of neat visual tricks like when Himeko and Bossun were talking
in the bed
. And of course, I got flashbacks to the Switch backstory when
Himeko was telling herself "this isn't something Bossun would say, stop it"
even though the meaning is COMPLETELY different.

Really cool arc, especially for character development. I'm sure things will be back to the status quo, but it's still interesting to see Himeko and Bossun's relationship develop as the series goes on. And hey, maybe this is a real turning point for them like the Happy Birthday arc caused a real change in Bossun and Tsubaki's relationship.

I feel like I should have done the same. I mean, she
pulls a random testtube out of her bag, drools in it and then tells him to lick the drool before bed.

And then he does it!

david-tennant-doctor-who.jpg

Tsubaki is a pervert. Just remember that.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Smile Precure 05

Two new characters this episode and they both absolutely blah.

The new villain is quite boring. Both Kessig Wolfrun and Afro Demon were pretty damn interesting visuallym, in their overall mannerisms, in their battle techiques and of course in their cliche villainous activities. Majorina is just major boring.

Reika isn't any better. At all. The least interesting of the 5 girls after each of them got their introductory episodes. Her personality is bland, her looks are bland, her Cure design is bland, and finally her special attack is bland.

Really not a fan of the soundtrack either for this show. It's really mediocre and the usage of it throughout the show is terrible. That entire scene with the fairy tale being read was a nice scene in this episode but the music was just really obnoxious and did not fit at all. In general this episode had way too much of it, it felt like the entire episode had some background track going on, it's like they are trying to drum up emotions into the viewers with a focus on characters and a plot they knew weren't all that interesting on their own in this episode.

Definitely the worst of the introductory episodes. But thankfully the whole gang is together ready to kick some ass and chew some moe flavored bubblegum. Really like how it only took 5 episodes to get here, most shows of this ilk would take much longer.

On a side note I love how Yayoi is so moe she gets scared of her own special attack. So damn moe.

Summer is here...and I'm still hopelessly behind on every Spring show I started. At least, it looks like I shouldn't have to worry too much with the anemic lineup this season. Natsuyuki Rendezvous is the only definite for me.

Andrew J.

All the effusive praise in this thread has convinced me to add Tsuritama to my backlog.

I hope you guys are proud of yourselves.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Funnily enough, I am disappointed the show is not overly cornball/corny. It would have been more "entertaining" that way.

You, me, Campione and Ebiten.

Gotta watch two shows this season to make up for the fact that Sengoku Collection ended up being not-bad last season.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sailor Moon S 124

Suddenly, goo girls.
Oh shit, Tomoe in full evil genius mode and out of the shadows. That transition was great after all the back & forth that's gone on. His design isn't that great when he's fully illuminated but man, all the stuff in the shadows built a foundation that lets him sell it at this point.
I've never thought that the point of the darkened face was to hide Germatoid's, but rather to make Tomoe's more menacing while also allowing Germatoid influence. Remember, Tomoe has always had hair while Germatoid has none.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Smile Precure 06

eTJmol.jpg

More proof Yayoi is the best. They all fall flat on their asses during this scene except for the great Yayoi who gracefully lands on her two feet.

Finally the whole gang is together!... except Miyuki is an adorable idiot. This episode was quite enjoyable and very humorous. Miyuki ending up in the
south pole
, all the shenanigans involving the catchphrase with Akane x Nao not giving a damn to Yayoi being super excited with Miyuki. I laughed so damn hard when they finally pulled it off only for Majorina to sneak attack.

Coach Pop is damn cool. Infinitely times better than Candy as he's intelligent, actually useful for battle and so damn cool. It's a shame his sister is the everyday mascot of this show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom