• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
News: Crunchyroll to stream “Tari Tari” and “Sword Art Online”
News: Crunchyroll to stream “Kokoro Connect” and “La storia della Arcana Famiglia”
‪News: Crunchyroll to stream “Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita” and “Natsuyuki Rendezvous”
News: Crunchyroll to stream “Campione!” and “So, I Can't Play H!”
News: Crunchyroll to stream “Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere Season 2” and “Chitose Get You!!”

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ounces-new-shows-for-summer-2012-anime-season

YES, Arcana Famiglia, good job CR

Oh and it looks like they are not getting Moyashimon?

News: Crunchyroll to stream “Kokoro Connect” and “La storia della Arcana Famiglia”
‪News: Crunchyroll to stream “Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita” and “Natsuyuki Rendezvous”
News: Crunchyroll to stream “Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere Season 2” and “Chitose Get You!!”

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ounces-new-shows-for-summer-2012-anime-season

Thats all that matters...

Well also SAO, Campione!, Horizone II for me.

Makoto

I mean, the problem we have here is that I liked Endless Eight and what it achieved, so that's probably a point that we can't really debate. lol
Don't tell me you really felt it needed eight episodes though?

But I mean, the fact is, Yuka
and her audition wasn't the point of the loops at all
. It was basically that they didn't want to let go of their friendship... of course, that's precisely what they need to do in order to achieve full :firehawk and end the show
. The point was the lesson that they learned, not the actual process.
That seems disingenuous to the episode and the show's general theme of summer though.
Yuka's satisfaction complements their need to forgo regret. That's why at the end of the episode when they're at the rock for the final time, Rin asks Natsumi if she's had enough, to which Yuka interjects, "I'm satisfied!"
Because the show isn't just about learning to accept distant friendships, it's about summer in general and the desire everyone has to end it on a high note and accept its end and say goodbye, with no regrets. The last episode accomplished that.

At least some of the shows I'm interested in are up there. Binbougami ga and Moyashimon Returns would be the big absences. I wonder if Funimation has the license tied up for the latter.

duckroll

Nice. Cosmicblizzard, it's time for you to find space in your OP to put these actually important details! :p

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

That's practically everything I was going to watch! Yay!

still no Binbougami ga and Moyashimon? I'm disappointed

Makoto

ibwNGX9Hy76NHA.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't say I'm an expert either, and I don't know how accurate the anime is to the comic, but the anime feels much like a typical light hearted cartoon, like... Buzz Lightyear of Star Command. The only other french comic I know with that artstyle is XIII which is very much not like Buzz Lightyear.
I mean... that's just how comics looked back in the day though. Even the DC stuff had that kind of look, is what I mean.

First Blue Exorcist dub castings:
Bryce Papenbrook - Rin
Johnny Yong Bosch - Yukio

I'll protect you! and no surprise whatsoever.

Cool for SAO, Famiglia and Horizon 2.

Reknoc

That sounds great. I noticed the graphic novels are being released in English currently every 6 months it seems so threw the first two onto an Amazon order.

Yea I ended up ordering the first one with vols 1 and 2 of the Asterix Omnibus.

Makoto

Accel World 12

Wow Haru was really pathetic at the end of the episode.
Niko enables his obesity and he gladly accepts, eats his gift on the spot and starts crying. I don't care how kind the gesture was, Haru. You don't do that in front of a girl.

Next episode:
Viola
tion.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Nice line-up. I'll give most of these shows a try.

Sankarea 12
8BNXg.gif

Babu is the best character of the show.
It was not a terrible ending. There wasn't any silly flashbacks to eat up time, it kinda went back to the beginning episode's tone and kinda made me think it'll lead to a downer ending. The mood of the episode kept moving back and forth and the ending left it pretty wide open.
I'm not really sure what to think about this, the show in a whole was averageish and at the very least, it exceeded my expectations that I had from reading its initial synopsis so good for it?

Ultimadrago

Gintama 2

Infiltrate painlessly, eat lunch.

I like the way these guys think!

Anyways, that seems to be one job down for the gang. Anime seems average thus far, but it's long-running, I've heard that it gets better and don't feel bad about watching it thus far so I'm sure to continue for now.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Gintama 2

Anyways, that seems to be one job down for the gang. Anime seems average thus far, but it's long-running, I've heard that it gets better and don't feel bad about watching it thus far so I'm sure to continue for now.

The very first few episodes are rather weak compared to what you'll see later.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm back. What'd I miss?
Koikelupin ended up being a piece of shit (despite my hype) tsuritama was amazing, kids on the slope was good but dissapointing etc etc.

I also attended a GAF meet-up with my dad! check ausgaf for more details!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Gintama 2

It's a slow burn because they're introducing the players. It's funny because a lot of "first season" characters disappear after a while.

Although, there was more Kobayashi/Sachan, so... hrm.

Uchip

Banned
Koikelupin ended up being a piece of shit (despite my hype) tsuritama was amazing, kids on the slope was good but dissapointing etc etc.

I also attended a GAF meet-up with my dad! check ausgaf for more details!

LOL
you actually did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom