• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Sailor Moon S 127 FIN

Between this and the previous episode, it seems like individual animators had a little more leeway. It's interesting but at the same time consistency is nice. It's great the series had a proper ending that wasn't rushed and jammed into a single episode. Usagi's come a long way since that first episode too.
Best fucking Pink Sugar Heart Attack. So glad to see her back even if she just left. ;_;

The more things change...
PWlqBl.png

I really liked the first series and thoroughly enjoyed R but S is on another level. I had a bit of series fatigue going into it and I wish I'd taken a break before starting it as it's so damn good. I feel like I did it a disservice by taking it so slowly. On the other hand, there was more to this series and taking it slowly let me appreciate it a little better than I think I would have if I'd rushed through it. The big wrap-up had me excited like I hadn't been since episode 46 too. Strong from beginning to end, an all around better production, and some great new characters like Haruka, Michiru, and Tomoe made this something special.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Bakemonogatari 15

Well that wraps up the final arc.
I liked how Shinobu was hiding in Araragi's shadow, pretty clever. Cat Hanekawa was one of my favourite oddities so far and I hope she makes some sort of appearance in Nise, though I don't think it matters that much since I doubt I will watch it anytime soon.

Anyway, I liked it. It had sad and interesting stories, Senjougahara is an amazing character, and I'm very impressed for a series about characters standing still talking, it kept me really engaged. The Shaft style only annoyed me for a little when I took two long breaks while catching up, but I generally stopped noticing it once I start watching.

So I guess Shaft is 3/3 right now. Next up is either Arakawa Under the Bridge or Natsu no Arashi

Go with Arakawa Under the Bridge.

Makoto

On the other hand, don't doubt Campione!.

Looks like two battle harems with terrible CG magic circles will be duking it out in a furious race to the bottom this season.
Ugh gross, what's with all the fantasy ecchi harem shows this season? Get it out of here. No one wants these fantasy shows.

kukukuku

wonzo

Banned
On the other hand, don't doubt Campione!.

Looks like two battle harems with terrible CG magic circles will be duking it out in a furious race to the bottom this season.
ibmcvDziRaBpkC.gif

ehh, i've seen worse

burp

Their seifuku basically have overflow sacks for their titties sewn in. Chet Approved™
looks like a poor mans Amagami

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Controversial prediction: Oda Nobuna will be significantly less enjoyable than Sengoku Collection

The plot summary for this intrigues me but it will probably be wasted potential.

Probably? This is actually a harem show with a male protagonist but otaku are so incredibly insecure that the the promo for the show has to omit any reference to the presence of a character with a penis just to get people to watch the first episode. This is going to be early 00s eroge adaptation-tier, no doubt about it.

The man who has witnessed many sins.

May El Cantare send an angel to retrieve his soul from hell and deliver him unto a place of peace.

Narag

Probably? This is actually a harem show with a male protagonist but otaku are so incredibly insecure that the the promo for the show has to omit any reference to the presence of a character with a penis just to get people to watch the first episode. This is going to be early 00s eroge adaptation-tier, no doubt about it.

So better or worse than F/SN?

Jex

Both Wandering Son and Usagi Drop last year were really successful in how they adapted their source material. They had more volumes of manga to pull from than Kids on the Slope, but found sections they could extract to make a successful stand-alone package without feeling rushed or disjointed. It's really puzzling that Watanabe chose the path he did, especially since with minor alterations the events of episode 7 could have made a very satisfying ending.

I hadn't thought about Usagai Drop, probably because it has a much 'simpler' story.

I must say, even Macross Plus told a more complete story for it's core chara- no, I can't say that with a straight face.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Smile Precure 07

oGCTll.jpg

An enjoyable episode where the girls journey to find what any awesome band of superheroes must have, a secret base. Yayoi's design was definitely the best although I did get a huge kick out of Akane's secret base. Felt terrible for Miyuki during hers. That was so sad, to see that her secret base was no longer a secret ;_;

But all's well that ends well. The transformation scenes with all 5 girls takes forever, it was literally longer together than the actual fight which was short as heck. The bad guys were already struggling with just a handful of the girls, 5 vs 1 shit doesn't seem fair at all.

wonzo

Banned
So wonzo, are the characters (themselves, not design) in Kingdom as laughable as the use of CG?
It's too early to say. I mean, watching Xin go from a neglected orphan to a general serving under Ying Zheng aka Qin Shi Huang sounds like it has potential but the execution so far has been rather sloppy and unengaging and I'm not just talking about the terrible CG.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's too early to say. I mean, watching Xin go from a neglected orphan to a general serving under Ying Zheng aka Qin Shi Huang sounds like it has potential but the execution so far has been pretty bad and unengaging and I'm not just talking about the terrible CG.

You really need to treat yourself and watch some Souten Kouro to counterbalance everything in Kingdom. It's everything that an ancient Chinese rags-to-riches military epic should be.

Smile Precure 07

If only their choreography practice had somehow made it into the transformations, they'd be a million times better.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I never get why this kind of announcement is even a thing. Perhaps most people don't have their PC/Laptop hooked up to their TV.

I don't and it's a lot easier to do everything through one hub, already watch all my Netflix and Prime stuff through my PS3 so Crunchyroll finally getting around to releasing a PS3 app is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom