• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's cool, you can still recommend stuff if you have some that you''d like to. I'm currently making a list of recommendations that I get to check out once I finish these anyway so the more the better.

I'm going to import a few gundam games with Unicorn being one of them so i'll probably look into the anime aswell, i've always liked Gundam anyway so I probably would have gotten into that at some point.

Here is a small list of animes i've seen previously and liked off the top of my head:

Fist of the North Star
Bastard!!
Vampire Hunter D
Ninja Scroll
Ghost in the Shell
Trigun
Akira
Cowboy Bepop
yu yu hakusho
Berserk
NEon Genesis Evangelion
Escaflowne
Godannar
Vandread
Dragon Ball/Z
Guyver
Outlaw Star
Perfect Blue
Record of Lodoss War
RoboTech
and Gundam (G being my favorite)

i'm sure there are others but those are the ones i've seen that I liked alot. This is not a one and done thing, i'm going to give this a good chance and see how it turns out. So more recommendations are welcome.

I don't know how open you are to long running shounen because some are hundreds of episodes, but have you seen One Piece? I see DB/Z and YYH on your list, so you might like it. It's definitely a commitment though.

Joule

It's okay, if it's bad, I only have myself to blame. Don't worry about it. Being duckroll is suffering.

I'll cosign with cosmic on episode 5. I thought it was a pretty good sequence aligned with some good music. 7 on the other hand felt more, I'm not sure how to describe it but, basic? in how the action was choreographed. Doesn't compare to the scarlet rain arc stuff but it's good too.

On the topic of skipping around, if I could have someone locate for me every instance of onoken/mintjam music in this show (along with the action scenes) I probably wouldn't bother watching the rest of it.

This is why we get stuck with all these super bland protag designs!

yGfpv.jpg

Yeesss, this is SO much better!

Saki 10

ooh liking the 'abilities' of all the girls. Prez is next eps weee~

That scene (in the shot) gets even more ... interesting when you remember that
they both took off their skirts before getting in bed...
(yuri-baiting indeed!)

And obviously the best person of rich team is a loli :/
No, she's actually the oldest one of the five on her team. She just looks like a loli. There are at least three or four characters like that in this franchise, characters who look younger than they are.

Is that much better? Eh, not really... but it is true.

I really need to watch this show.
You certainly do. So how about you get to it? :)

Saki 11

Prez is best girl.
Yeah, that's probably true. Hisa is great.

Saki 13

Mahjong is serious business.

Quite serious indeed.
Poor Touka, she tries so hard, but she just can't get Nodoka's attention no matter what she does... :(

Thud

@Reaper

Hunter x Hunter (2011), it's in HD and more manga paced.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, part 3 has 2 OVA series but a competely new jojo anime will be broadcast during fall(?)
The Legend of the Galactic Heroes, best anime I ever saw.

Just do it.

Dresden

Dusk Maiden - 05

In an alternate universe Silver Link wasn't allowed to touch Dusk Maiden and a quality studio was able to adapt it instead.

nwpsPl.jpg

It gained great popularity and the manga got tons of sales. The anime sold boatloads and Yuuko deplaced Horo as the de facto quality waifu of nerds everywhere.

Perhaps, in some more fortunate world this is happening as we speak.

Ne9VGl.jpg

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
http:/​/​en.shindanmaker.com/​245484

ponpo is a agoraphobic NEET. You defeat demons with the power of bowling.

Hmm

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's why it moved to Community!

Remember that junior who ducked in here to say that this was his first post and that he was so excited to post in AnimeGAF because we're the funniest people on the internet etc etc and so on?

Never posted in here again. Fucking Community.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Remember that junior who ducked in here to say that this was his first post and that he was so excited to post in AnimeGAF because we're the funniest people on the internet etc etc and so on?

I'm pretty sure you're not remembering an actual event here.

duckroll

Accel World - Episode 5

This was interesting. It wasn't great or anything, but it's an extremely shounen episode. The plus is that it's entirely in the game world, so there are no terrible characters doing harem shit, instead it's about cool Duel Avatar characters talking about the terrible harem shit which presumably happened in the episodes I will not be watching, and fighting for the honor of their waifus, or something. Whatever, the action was pretty cool. Once again it proves that any meaningful plot event will only take place in the game world, so there's no need to watch the other shit.

Accel World - Episode 7

This episode was less good. There were some interesting designs in the fights, but the animation quality seems to have taken a bit of a hit here. Art isn't as sharp and consistent as it should be. Still, the action was pretty decent, too bad it was less than half the episode. Probably better than some other episodes though. What intrigues me is the plot implications of the events in this episode. It seems like Elements are a part of the game which will only come into play later on in the series? Hmmm...

Dresden

It's okay.

I remember.

duckroll

TBH there is not much great sakuga in Accel World, before eps 9
the loli Red King introduction

That episode and episode 12 n 13 was worth for my suffering ;__;

I think you got the episodes wrong. That's episode 8, and then episode 11 and 12. Those are the exact episodes I watched!

Edit: So in total I've seen ep1-2, 5, 7, 8, and 11-12 now. Here's how I'll rank them:

Ep11-12 >> Ep8 > Ep5 >>> Ep7 >>>>>>>>>>> Ep1-2

Accel World - Episode 5

This was interesting. It wasn't great or anything, but it's an extremely shounen episode. The plus is that it's entirely in the game world, so there are no terrible characters doing harem shit, instead it's about cool Duel Avatar characters talking about the terrible harem shit which presumably happened in the episodes I will not be watching, and fighting for the honor of their waifus, or something. Whatever, the action was pretty cool. Once again it proves that any meaningful plot event will only take place in the game world, so there's no need to watch the other shit.

Accel World - Episode 7

This episode was less good. There were some interesting designs in the fights, but the animation quality seems to have taken a bit of a hit here. Art isn't as sharp and consistent as it should be. Still, the action was pretty decent, too bad it was less than half the episode. Probably better than some other episodes though. What intrigues me is the plot implications of the events in this episode. It seems like Elements are a part of the game which will only come into play later on in the series? Hmmm...

Thats an interesting way to approach the series. But arent you missing the significance of some of the events in the game world by not having the background of what is going through the characters and their motives in the decelerated world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom