• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Thats an interesting way to approach the series. But arent you missing the significance of some of the events in the game world by not having the background of what is going through the characters and their motives in the decelerated world?

No, because every single episode I watched so far has the characters in the game world giving long monologues at the start of the episodes explaining their exact motivations and the circumstances in the real world... without me having to ever see those scenes! Lol.

I would have remembered that as well.

I'm glad you're back!

pleasevaq4w.gif

cajunator

Banned
Felt like a lifetime. Oh wait.

It definitely felt like it was a longer time than it actually was. Although it coincided nicely with vacation anyway.
I didn't get to watch much though because I was so busy.
I managed to watch Space Bros 14 and Binbougami Ga and Jinrui though.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You take it anywhere you get! Especially without those meddling girls getting in the way!

Fun fact: I already have enough BAD ENERGY to turn the clock the second that I initiate the BAD END. The whole Akanbe thing is just for show!

LFF

Neo Member
I guess I should post more often so that I don't meet the same fate as john. Here's some incoherent anime ramblings.

Dusk Maiden
A few people in this thread seemed to like Dusk Maiden so I've been catching up to that. Up to episode 7 so far, looking forward to watching the rest.

Episode 6 had a scene (
The one where the classmates are offering yuuko as a sacrifice
) which really felt like something from 'ef - a tale of memories/melodies' which I thought was pretty neat.

Jinrui wa wa Suitai Shimashita
This is probably my favourite new series this season but I'm not entirely sure what's so good about it. I think a lot of it is that I like the main character's attitude and cynicism.

Also the ending song is by Itou Masumi who did the Azumanga Daioh music and the Haibane Renmei ending, so that's also a big plus in my book.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess I should post more often so that I don't meet the same fate as john. Here's some incoherent anime ramblings.

Dusk Maiden
A few people in this thread seemed to like Dusk Maiden so I've been catching up to that. Up to episode 7 so far, looking forward to watching the rest.

Episode 6 had a scene (
The one where the classmates are offering yuuko as a sacrifice
) which really felt like something from 'ef - a tale of memories/melodies' which I thought was pretty neat.

Yeah, it's the same director. Please check out Natsu no Arashi too.

fertygo

I think you got the episodes wrong. That's episode 8, and then episode 11 and 12. Those are the exact episodes I watched!

Edit: So in total I've seen ep1-2, 5, 7, 8, and 11-12 now. Here's how I'll rank them:

Ep11-12 >> Ep8 > Ep5 >>> Ep7 >>>>>>>>>>> Ep1-2

Yeah I got it wrong, good for you then.. don't watch the rest! :p
Let people in here reporting first if there is more episode like that lol

I think Horizon has better sakuga though, want to watch? LOLOLOLOL

cajunator

Banned
ALso, LFF you have a great Maromi avatar.
I have a little Maromi and a big Kyubey that stares at me while I sleep.
I can't help but feel this should be more disturbing to me than it is.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Shaft has many secret best shows.

Popotan
If you count that, you might as well say Arcade Gamer Fubuki is their secret best show. lol

Your argument invalid, because Natsu no Arashi has 2 season, Soredemo only one! :(
Yeah, it's a split cour season and still no one watched it!

Arakawa is probably a close second in terms of "no one cares", but at least it's licensed in North America!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
We know they'll kick your butt next week. It's inevitable!

I'm preparing my anus for unicorn horns as we speak.

If you count that, you might as well say Arcade Gamer Fubuki is their secret best show. lol

hahah, yeah. By that logic, Shiawasette Naani would be the deepest thing KyoAni ever produced!
maybe it still is.

Your argument invalid, because Natsu no Arashi has 2 season, Soredemo only one! :(

Split cour dood. No way it would have ever gotten thirteen more episodes otherwise ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom