• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

http://natalie.mu/comic/gallery/show/news_id/72740/image_id/135770

Here we go, finally a clean visual.

e0Ih6.jpg

Looks like a Studio D show.

Either way, fujoushi pandering + Okada = disaster waiting to happen.

All my Fall stock goes to Psychic Kids fight Molepeople by Kubota.

cajunator

Banned
Jinrui wa Suitaishimashita 01

This show is CUTE.
The fairies are adorable and so is...whatever the girls name is.
I'll call her Miss Hnnng. Her hair is amazing.
This show kind of gives me Kobato vibes for some reason, and I really really love the Tsuritama-like art style.
The addition of sadistic skinned chickens and suicidal bread robots makes this show bizarre and a lot of fun. I have no idea what to expect from this but I'm hooked.

Jex

Speaking of which....

[Accel World] - 8

Oh god why.

AccelWorld81.jpg

Fuck you, Accel World. Serious question: as this was written after Sword Art Online did the creator realise that the protagonist in SAO wasn't pathetic enough for otaku to relate to and so he created cartman-kun?

AccelWorld82.jpg

Anyway, the episode itself was, er, painful to sit through. It was, oddly enough, exactly what I expected. Wholly predictable and wholly awful. At least Red King fight towards the episode was really well done, both in concept and execution. Good stuff.

Oh yes, I suppose this is best girl or something:

AccelWorld83.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Binbougami-Ga 01

Score another one for the summer season already.
Great character designs, great comedy, great story idea, great music, and batshit fucking insanity. It all adds up to a really fun show that I expected Medaka box to be.
Speaking of which, theres a part early on where she looks exactly like Medaka. Was that intentional?

Dresden

I think the Accel World protagonist came about as a response to all the criticism that SAO's hero was too much of a Gary Stu, actually.

Well, in that case I suppose I can say whatever I want because I get the closing the word.

If I know that a piece of entertainment only has limited value for me (and, based on everything I had read about Accel World I had a pretty good idea that I wouldn't like the show) then I will selectively chose to consume only the parts that entertain me e.g. cool robot action. It's like listening to selective tracks from an album, rather than the whole thing which may contain tracks you don't care for.

I don't think it's a particularly radical position to take.

While I see where you're coming from, I don't think this is a good comparison. Tracks on an album are (usually) self-contained and isolated from the rest of the tracks. They aren't pieces to a bigger puzzle like an ongoing tv show with an overarching plot.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It would certainly make me much more interested in that OVA/game bundle they're releasing!
Now that's a Truth I can get behind.

I think the Accel World protagonist came about as a response to all the criticism that SAO's hero was too much of a Gary Stu, actually.
Aren't they both the same type though? Loser gamers that have their loser lives justified by women throwing themselves on them?

I think Haru is kind of, after 13 episodes or so, just right for the Accel World story. Story is considerably much lighter of sorts than SAO's, so a character of such design would be fitting, and I think itd be pretty hilarious if say someone of Taku or similar design had Haru's pig avatar and such.

duckroll

While I see where you're coming from, I don't think this is a good comparison. Tracks on an album are (usually) self-contained and isolated from the rest of the tracks. They aren't pieces to a bigger puzzle like an ongoing tv show with an overarching plot.

My EVO comparison is the best comparison.

duckroll

I still think starting from ep11 is the way to go.

You just gotta learn to skip. Skip skip skip. I can't believe people are taking my advice of the episode number, and not following my tips on skipping entire segments of the episode! It's like buying an instant mix and not bothering to read the instructions on how much water to add!

Jex

Well, I did say "like".

Anyhow, it's really to do with how you approach the material. If you're approaching the TV show because you want some puzzle solved or you want to experience some overarching plot then you'll probably want to watch the whole thing.

If you're not interested in any of that and you just want to experience X or see Y then it's not necessary to engage the whole series.

Jex

You just gotta learn to skip. Skip skip skip. I can't believe people are taking my advice of the episode number, and not following my tips on skipping entire segments of the episode! It's like buying an instant mix and not bothering to read the instructions on how much water to add!

Well, in the case of episode eight, I really needed to sit down and watch a whole episode of the show just so I could get an idea what it was 'actually like'. It was very informative.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So there's no chance of a sacrificial pawn who would splice together a best of Accel World to save the rest the bother of seeing the grime and sludge? I suppose it's a lot of work for a five minute video.

So there's no chance of a sacrificial pawn who would splice together a best of Accel World to save the rest the bother of seeing the grime and sludge? I suppose it's a lot of work for a five minute video.

There is absolutely no way to fit all the awesome of Accel World into a 5 minute video. Just watch episode 11 and 12.

duckroll

To be fair, the harem antics aren't usually THAT fanservicey.

I don't know about that. When I watched episode 5, it started with a serious business discussion (in the game world thankfully!) between two guys about how one of them apparently stuck a wire into the other guy's waifu on a bed and tapped into her "precious feelings and memories" or whatever. It sounded pretty wretched and made me glad that I didn't have to actually see any of that crap! Instead I just saw them fight each other over this perceived defiling of a precious waifu! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom