• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Op8wn.jpg

And away we gooooooo

Preliminary rounds over the next few weeks; tournament proper starts on August 14.

Thud

Is there actually a wrong kind of what is this I dont even?

Yes, can't explain it tho. It's like you watch something to kill the boredom after watching it, I got more bored. I had no idea what was going on, definitely not my kinda cup.

Anyway If other people can enjoy it, it's fine by me.

cajunator

Banned
Joshiraku is already better than Lucky Star. It has the same sort of "cute girls saying cute things while being totally nonchalant" thing going on. Except instead of talking about choco-cornets and other boring shit they are talking about dressing in cow pajamas and nudity. This is random as hell and I like it.

cajunator

Banned
Joshiraku 01

YES.
Oh fuck yes.
HNNNNG YES.

And that ED is magnificent.

SUMMER IS OFF TO A ROARING START.

And now, off to work. That was the perfect way to send me off.

So why is it called the civilization blaster? Why do the buildings have chains? Are they a demolition crew who uses big chains to tear down buildings? Are they freeing the buildings from their bondage? So many questions!

Obviously that means you gotta watch the series when it airs to find out!

Go_Ly_Dow

since i'm out of the loop with the summer season (except for like 2-3 shows), i'm not always sure if people are talking about previous backlog shows, or currently airing shows when they post impressions.

so from now on i will follow this advice from one of our nakama's who is currently banned to help sort out my confused mind.

-if it features cute girls it's most likely from this season, cause anime fans are always looking for the next cute girl

-not many go back to watch the old ones

cajunator

Banned
since i'm out of the loop with the summer season (except for like 2-3 shows), i'm not always sure if people are talking about previous backlog shows, or currently airing shows when they post impressions.

so from now on i will follow this advice from one of our nakama's who is currently banned to help sort out my confused mind.

I dont really agree.
Cute is cute, whether old or new.
I revisit lots of shows.
Kawaii is forever.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
-if it features cute girls it's most likely from this season, cause anime fans are always looking for the next cute girl

-not many go back to watch the old ones

Hey, I think I recognize this particular brand of grumpy, slightly incoherent cynicism!

Anyway, getting back in the loop only takes a glance at the OP and a few recommendations, so I think we can help you.

After 1-2 episodes, I've personally liked the following enough to recommend:

Bimbougami ga!, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, Joshiraku, Sword Art Online, Uta Koi

Eh, you and usually tell if you just look a the quality of the stills to figure out when it came out.
And it's easy to tell if a show is currently airing if a bunch of people post impressions in and around the same time as each other.

Firemind

So why is it called the civilization blaster? Why do the buildings have chains? Are they a demolition crew who uses big chains to tear down buildings? Are they freeing the buildings from their bondage? So many questions!

I've been asking myself the same thing, but in the end you know it's going to be convoluted with a shit ton of exposition and monologues, so I think I'll pass.

/XX/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom