• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Believe me, I loved it to bits when it aired, but I watched it again a few years ago and it has not aged well. The ending has little to do with it. The directing and animation are just not good. Same with Hellsing. It's probably for the best to watch Brotherhood and Ultimate instead.
Oh man.

This is a joke post, right?

Jarmel

Banned
Believe me, I loved it to bits when it aired, but I watched it again a few years ago and it has not aged well. The ending has little to do with it. The directing and animation are just not good. Same with Hellsing. It's probably for the best to watch Brotherhood and Ultimate instead.

You really should see both. OG FMA handled up to Greed and Hughes much better. Brotherhood handled everything post that much better. That said, directing is top notch in the original and the animation is fantastic too. The biggest problem with the original was the anime only writing but other than that, the original is godtier anime.

You fucking can't tell me the first two episodes weren't directed amazingly.

Ultimadrago

Hidamari Sketch 9

Abow4.png
CD3lV.png

J9XmP.png
MLZBA.png

Oh Principal. Likable characters are what make slice-of-life thrive. Glimpses of greatness from characters only increases such a fondness towards certain individuals. In short, the Principal and his shaky old bones are great.

This episode gives us an introduction to Kishi Maiko, an old peer of Ms. Yoshinoya. Of couse, she's the exact opposite of her old friend and not an active loud mouth! Interestingly enough, she touches on how she had a change of heart in her prior field of art, turning to film instead. This is an element I remember well in my watch of other episodes. The feeling of uncertainty for the future, specifically in regards to education and goals. As I've stated in past impressions, Yuno gets this feeling in the introduction to this season and its fittingly, not completely dropped by the third. It's a small sentence from Maiko that gives me a flashback to the more "straight-faced" moments of the series as I've seen as of present.

On the more positive side of things, it just as easily shows the options and breadth of art itself in terms of occupation and expression. She questions the class about their dreams (of course giving all positive responses). Yuno didn't have a clue and asks Maiko after class to learn she is still young and has plenty of chances to find something larger to appreciate in life. Therefore, Yuno levels up!...or not as you'll find she's still uncertain about her potential. Though, this is a natural development. An inspirational sentence one minute doesn't commonly get you over all mental hurdles the next minute, day or year.

Until then Yuno always has Miyako to cheer her up. Seriously, Miyako is awesome.

Sure, but things don't suddenly look dated. It just means it never looked good.

People will always see things differently. There will always be many that think anything non-digital era looks dated, or that a video game from a previous generation looks dated. No need to through around the O word for stuff like that.

Sure, but things don't suddenly look dated. It just means it never looked good.
Unless your standards remain or have remained constant, you can't say that. Besides, dated doesn't even necessarily mean something looks bad. It just means that it looks like a product of its time.

Uchip

Banned
moe fish girl is extra creepysauce coming from Japan, where they eat seafood so regularly.
not only that but it looks like it has 2 heads o.o

we have to destroy it

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Right, sorry. Here are the rules, here is how to vote, and Akari Akaza doesn't get her chance until the last day of the first preliminaries, on the 28th.

Also, another question:

The rules state that "During the first preliminaries, you may vote for up to ten girls per group." Does this page list the entire group for the day?

Articalys

Also, another question:

The rules state that "During the first preliminaries, you may vote for up to ten girls per group." Does this page list the entire group for the day?
Yeah, that page should always be updated with the current day's voting group, so it's pick up to ten from that list. If you want to plan ahead, you can get an overview of all the prelim groups here.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Yeah, that page should always be updated with the current day's voting group, so it's pick up to ten from that list. If you want to plan ahead, you can get an overview of all the prelim groups here.

Thanks, that's helpful. Now to find some kind of supportive statement in Japanese so that I don't get outed as a gaijin, hahah.

Naruto Shippuden 136 - 140
tumblr_lz7d9uboyi1r755seo3_500.gif

The episodes were so good I found myself like Naruto in the gif above (which isnt from this set of eps). "Be gone with the thunderclap" was epic as was just the all uchiha v uchiha genjutsu stuff. This was just as good as Cyberconnect 2 made it and more. Dont know which I prefer the most, it animated, or it in game, but I love them. I also enjoyed the amount of flashback stuff, especially since
tumblr_lv3fmh9w261qldqrdo3_r2_250.jpg

got plenty of screentime. Dub was pretty good for it. Hopefully viz never stops delivering.

7Th

But it's directed by motherfucking ando. I hope the source material doesn't hold him back from going crazy with action sequences.

Fujoushi anime rarely has crazy action sequences; the staff will be too afraid of not being appealing enough for the fangirls. Time to jump ship, bro.

Joule

Accel World 4

NICE CAR

amount of ingame time = 0 unless you count burst link exposition, the op/ed and the preview lololol

Hahaha. I think the most amazing part about that car scene is when those suited bystanders start to bail out of that area. So amazing.

Hidamari Sketch 8

Until then Yuno always has Miyako to cheer her up. Seriously, Miyako is awesome.

"I could always use somebody to make food for me"
Yeah the slightly more introspective episodes are good too. They're fitted in with the rest of the usual antics quite well. Not too much or too little of it. The principal is pretty awesome yeah. It's funny that he also voiced the principal in Nichijou who is also pretty awesome. Awesome type casting.

7Th

But it's shounen...

It's a Gangan manga; Gangan only pretends to publish shounen manga; it is actually a fujoushi magazine. See also: Kimi to Boku.

I'm just kidding, by the way. I just find the key art completely unappealing; really disappointing considering the awesome Stranger stuff Tsunenori Saito has been drawing lately.

It's a Gangan manga; Gangan only pretends to publish shounen manga; it is actually a fujoushi magazine. See also: Kimi to Boku.

Eh, Zetsuen is pretty shounen. As is Soul Eater. Though it does have Black Butler, so I guess you aren't totally off the mark.

Edit: Ah, I see the edit. Yeah, I figured you were, but you never know online.

Zetsuen does have some action scenes that I imagine will look goddamn beautiful animated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom