• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

If a game/anime legitimately looks good, then it will look good forever.

If a game/anime looks 'good' simply because there's no better alternative at the time for reference, then it becomes dated.

As usual, it's a case-by-case basis.

Instro

It's a Gangan manga; Gangan only pretends to publish shounen manga; it is actually a fujoushi magazine. See also: Kimi to Boku.

I'm just kidding, by the way. I just find the key art completely unappealing; really disappointing considering the awesome Stranger stuff Tsunenori Saito has been drawing lately.

Who wants smelly samurai when you can have fresh bishie boys.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Accel World 4

accel4b.jpg

NICE CAR

amount of ingame time = 0 unless you count burst link exposition, the op/ed and the preview lololol

omg

Is that... wait... is she wearing a leash, or is he wearing the leash? Or are they doing the split earphone thing?

Clevinger

Could someone help me? I'm trying to think of the name of an anime. It's about the crew of a spaceship; the workers. It's older, I think, probably 90s or 80s. It's not serious like Planetes. It's not Starship Operators.

Thanks.

I figured it out: it's Irresponsible Captain Tylor

Is that... wait... is she wearing a leash, or is he wearing the leash? Or are they doing the split earphone thing?
All of the above. It's metaphorical, yo.
Yeah, but they're wrong.
No they are not. You just don't like the connotation.
Adjective
dated (comparative more dated, superlative most dated)
1. Marked with a date.
2. Out of date.
3. Anachronistic; being obviously inappropriate for its present context.
4. No longer fashionable.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
People wear half collar electric doohickeys as computer things that display in their retinas. They are connecting to each other with a Gameboy Multi-Link Cable.

Dont see how its supposed to be something intimate in universe, considering, well how many times have they done directo link. Though, someone kept getting in his way for a direct link with Taku :/

Ah, it's like the tongue thing in YKK then. lol

(What happened to the microwave helmets?)

Because they're totally going to use those again after a psycho trapped people in a game world with them. I know it's only a 24 year difference, but still, the people in this universe aren't THAT dumb.

oh Joshiraku came out sunday or so. Did I miss a few pages here, don't recall any impressions or what not.

God damn it, need to start cutting shows. Even for 'shit summer' is seem to have like at least a dozen shows from thursday to sunday to watch.

Dont see how its supposed to be something intimate in universe, considering, well how many times have they done directo link. Though, someone kept getting in his way for a direct link with Taku :/
Just because he's a slut doesn't mean that it is any less intimate. Next you are going to suggest that homosexuals are demoralizing it!

What were we talking about?

Ultimadrago

"I could always use somebody to make food for me"
Yeah the slightly more introspective episodes are good too. They're fitted in with the rest of the usual antics quite well. Not too much or too little of it. The principal is pretty awesome yeah. It's funny that he also voiced the principal in Nichijou who is also pretty awesome. Awesome type casting.

Yeah, the episode's direction worked really well with the overall lighthearted nature and honest personal concerns of Yuno. On both principals, indeed, the VA helps both characters become even better.

Reknoc

Been catching up on New x Hunter x Hunter still got a couple of episodes left but man... 35 and 36 were awesome. Only complaint about 35 is I didn't really like how they handled "that" scene, though I guess I should be lucky they had it at all considering all the censoring going around.

oh wait, monkey nob

Toriko 62 (wow funi/hulu got the ending themes back, but it was so random)
tumblr_m6xli4IoE61qm8gi3o1_500.png

Kind of ready for this arc to be over, though I loved the sound effects with their calorie levels (3.5mln kcals for Zebra, wow) as well as Komatsu and the sound shield.

dimb

Terrible Terrible (Tari Tari) 02
Is this show serious? I don't think I can handle it any more. I just don't care about anything going on whatsoever.

Instro

Marimo no Hana OVA

ibnvcnX7CZUIAO.gif

Marimo, a 10 year old calm girl, turns into a mighty street fighter and beats up delinquent kids.

Thought I'd give this a quick look because its directed by Akitoshi Yokoyama who has done key animation and story boarding work for various notable titles such as Cowboy Bebop, Dennou Coil, Kemonozume, Gurren Lagann, Samurai Champloo, Evangelion, etc etc.

Anyway, its definitely pretty low budget, however the budget went where it counts because there are a couple short fight scenes that make it worth the 10 minute run time. Well choreographed and directed, lots of movement in the scene, interesting animation. Neat stuff.

7Th

Thought I'd give this a quick look because its directed by Akitoshi Yokoyama who has done key animation and story boarding work for various notable titles such as Cowboy Bebop, Dennou Coil, Kemonozume, Gurren Lagann, Samurai Champloo, Evangelion, etc etc.

You forgot Idolm@ster episode 18!

dimb

I do wonder if this will be arc based, where each arc is dedicated to some of the folks.
As in switching off between which character is the central focus? I wouldn't be surprised, the promotional art doesn't make the orange-ish haired girl out to be the main character and so far everything has revolved around her.

I don't really know if that would change my perception of the show. It feels very vapid at this point. Maybe other characters would offer something deeper, but the story here is too simple and the characters aren't really standing out.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Marimo no Hana OVA

ibnvcnX7CZUIAO.gif

Anyway, its definitely pretty low budget, however the budget went where it counts because there are a couple short fight scenes that make it worth the 10 minute run time. Well choreographed and directed, lots of movement in the scene, interesting animation. Neat stuff.

A few things I learned after watching this (why not, only 10 min long)

1. You are right it is pretty low budget
2. The fight is very flashy, cross counter omg, so much pink.
3. 5th grader gangster too hardcore
4. Nearly all the guy, except for the yellow hair one, have voice of a 18 years old female.
5. PINK!

Most important of all:

6. I am not the target audience

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom