• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Dude.

What if.

Polar bear cafe.

Soccer.
they've already covered surfing so i don't see why not

polarbear14ba.jpg

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Saki - 08

HfnpS.png

0SB4j.png

This show just keeps giving and giving.

Episode pretty much sets everything up for the following one as the finals are about to begin.

Let's go!

they've already covered surfing so i don't see why not

I was just talking about how there should be a show that focused on surfing. Only difference being my show would be GL.

Toriko 64 (or whatever the hell we're on)

MP regaining episode! This is where the energy levels really come into play. And hey, we finally got to see Komatsu's Intimidation.

Hyadain's new ED is... interesting.

Ano hana 1 - 2
tumblr_lvdblrkjWm1qif8koo1_500.gif

Menma's voice is pretty painful for the ears, though watching it all in succession makes for a rather improved experience, wcdonalds, nokemon gold, and I think a can of pepsi nex were all just as interesting again, and I still love all the stuff when they were kids. The interactions of them as friends is a major point I like. ED song is nice always, and it looks great in hd, sometimes really vibrant.

Instro

Toriko 64 (or whatever the hell we're on)

MP regaining episode! This is where the energy levels really come into play. And hey, we finally got to see Komatsu's Intimidation.

Hyadain's new ED is... interesting.

That was weird, I never expected him to have an intimidation aura. I suppose its mostly because of the sound armor and knife.

Uchip

Banned
apparently Korra got confirmed for 51 episodes
so we got 1/4 through, which is good because that ending left a lot to be desired
unfortunately its not going to save this season

That was weird, I never expected him to have an intimidation aura. I suppose its mostly because of the sound armor and knife.

It's pretty much ALL the knife. I'm pretty sure the only real way to get Intimidation is to be injected with Gourmet Cells or just train like crazy (usually both).

Though Komatsu does get kind of badass later on, just for a completely different reason. Though I imagine he'll have to be legit badass to not get ripped apart by the Gourmet World.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
so we got 1/4 through, which is good because that ending left a lot to be desired

Holy shit.

I don't know whether to be excited or scared.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
HeartCatch PreCure 19

I really liked this episode mostly because Erika's father is a BOSS character. This week's problem was also pretty good and I felt the episode was pretty well done. The fight itself sees some cool parts though it's fairly pedestrian compared to the series peaks. We get the speed power-up being used again in this episode which is sorta cool I guess.
HeartCatch PreCure 20

Finally! It seems like we're going to get
the yellow precure and the real bad-guy is semi revealed!
The actual fight of this episode was not all that interesting and I almost feel like they've done this sort of problem before though it did have a quite significant twist,
in having all 3 generals fighting at the same time although short
it also feels like setup for a bug midseason climax. Can't wait to see what happens next and more importantly
if the class president will be the yellow precure!
Theonik has the Regulus Tera official Seal of Approval for awesomeness.

jman2050

Mike and Bryan with dat bank.

This reminds me, how well is Hyouka doing sales-wise?

8,800 copies in its first two weeks I think. So pretty good, but probably not by their standards.

Not trollable either way sadly. That's no fun :(

wonzo

Banned
I was just talking about how there should be a show that focused on surfing. Only difference being my show would be GL.
the love between two girls simply can't compare to the bond between a polar bear and the sea

neat, i can't wait for more awful cg vehicles and bad season endings

8,800 copies in its first two weeks I think. So pretty good, but probably not by their standards.

Not trollable either way sadly. That's no fun :(
it's a godsend compared to the sales for Nichijou

Jarmel

Banned

So just finished up Tsuritama

Wow so we didn't just get one masterpiece last season but two?

This was perfection all the way through in regards to characters and character relationships. I truly haven't seen character development done so well in a long time. Music was pretty outstanding in the latter episodes especially episode 11. Animation was also very noteworthy except for the CG fish(ugh). They took a ridiculous premise and not only made it make sense but also made it fun and amazing to watch. There were real stakes involved and you can see the tension in the later episodes despite the insanity of the situation.

Truly another great show.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Finally got more anime...this was my first from NISA, are their anime sets always so oversized and quality. The art stuff with Anohana is awesome, they even had my favorite moments from the anime in the episode guide of it, though I wish for reversible cover arts, since well dont really want menma on them all.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m70qlfjorC1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg
I only read the first two books of Artemis Fowl back when it was being called "the next Harry Potter or shit like that. I can't remember anything that happened in those books beyond some mentions of flatulence.

sleepykyo

I think Haru is kind of, after 13 episodes or so, just right for the Accel World story. Story is considerably much lighter of sorts than SAO's, so a character of such design would be fitting, and I think itd be pretty hilarious if say someone of Taku or similar design had Haru's pig avatar and such.

If this were any other anime Taku would have been the lead. Instead he just is always just one line away from having a pig steal his girlfriend.

Jarmel

Banned
I only read the first two books of Artemis Fowl back when it was being called "the next Harry Potter or shit like that. I can't remember anything that happened in those books beyond some mentions of flatulence.

First book is the best anyway before Artemis went soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom