• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Hayate no Gotoku! - 03

Alright, when
Tama
started talking, I had a pretty good laugh.

The Eva reference was pretty great too.

Hayate's poorness is a boon to us all.

Next episode: School!

Soma

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia

Totally agreed about that ending. While it didn't ruin the show for me, it kinda left me with a bad taste in my mouth especially with such an amazing build-up right before that. But yeah definitely one of my favorite shows from the spring season.

Dresden

marimo no hana

so it was a waste of time. Just a really mediocre 11-minute ova adapted from an ongoing manga written by Yasushi Akimoto, the AKB48 producer dude. Directed by Akitoshi Yokoyama. Intro was probably the best part, along with about a thirty-second sequence near the end. Otherwise, bad.

Also the VA for the lead girl (some AKB girl no doubt) is turrible.

9aUZDl.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Korra no Densetsu 10
Great mix of action, drama, and just a nice enough cliffhanger to end up with. A bit predictable though (
they totally weren't obvious at all that she was gonna have that baby during the fight, and they totally weren't obvious at all that the kids were gonna save the day, yo!

R.I.P.
Lin's Bending
. What a true hero. ;_;
they had steam powered ships in the first show, and prototype mechanical gliders
now that
lightning bending
seems common, and there appear to be some kind of batteries, its not that far fetched.
Pretty sure all of the big buildings were easily made by earth benders rather than construction vehicles.
mass production of mechanical parts? fucking
metal benders
This is almost as bad as when Gurren Lagann's human civilisation went from underground societies to THE FUCKING REACHES OF THE UNIVERSE AND BEYOND in the span of seven years.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Accel World 4
NICE CAR
Are they so afraid of infringement they daren't risk infringing the golden arches of another WcDonald's from another anime? Also is is possible to post a picture of the MC not looking pathetic?

Terrible Terrible (Tari Tari) 02

Is this show serious? I don't think I can handle it any more. I just don't care about anything going on whatsoever.
Choirs are serious business. I know, I was in one and messed around all day.

First book is the best anyway before Artemis went soft.
I only read the first one. Artemis was a bastard, there were elf police or something and a magic bomb.

Thoraxes

Hayate no Gotoku! - 04

hdDfW.jpg

"Screw NEETs; Save the children!" -Tama-san

Also, I can't believe the FF XI reference.

Also, is this the appearance of the fated best girl?! She is pretty great so far.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
That's it. SD, you've forced me to move Saki right to the top of my watch list.

I'm pissed I didn't do it sooner. This show delivers the yuri.

Let me repeat.

This show. Delivers.

Who would've thought a show focused on mahjong would be so deadly with the GL?

Binbougami Ga 1 - That was alright. There were a few funny parts. Maybe a little better than the manga. I'll watch some more, but if it turns into an endless series with no progress or anything, as I expect it to, I'm sure I won't watch everything... I can never care enough to keep up with stuff like that. But this episode was alright, maybe good.

Arcana Famiglia 2 - I liked this episode. I think it was a bit better than the first episode. I wasn't entirely sure before watching, and even the first episode was a bit unclear, I thought, but I get it now -- this is entirely a reverse harem show. The shonen battle element's a smaller part, clearly this is first and foremost reverse harem. I haven't watched reverse harem shows nearly as often as maybe I should, but this seems like a solid one.

For the characters, this episode focuses on the lead girl Felicita, and three of the guys who seem to be the main group, along with cameos from two other guys as well. First there's the underling guy who serves as comic relief. He was amusing in several scenes in the episode, like when
he got stuck up that tree, or when he was looking behind the paintings to find her... :lol, no, I don't think she's there. :)
The other two are the generic blond male lead guy, and the tsundere guy with blueish hair. Am I being predictable in saying that I think the tsun guy is better? It's true, though.

vlcsnap-2012-07-11-0422uwq.jpg

This guy also helped out. And I"m sorry, but no, this is set in the 20th century. There aren't alchemists anymore.

Apart from that, this episode is about the MC and her harem here trying to find a lost cat's owner. In the process, we see the use of several of the card powers. Yeah, they're your average magical powers stuff. Why not though, I don't mind. And it does help that cute little kitty find its home again... :)

... Oh, and did I mention that the cat has a strong preference for women? Poor guys...
vlcsnap-2012-07-11-04guub5.jpg

Cat 1, Men 0.

vlcsnap-2012-07-11-04z9u0d.jpg

Cat 2, Men 0.

vlcsnap-2012-07-11-04hkun4.jpg

Cat 3, Men 0.

vlcsnap-2012-07-11-04e4ulh.jpg

Cat 3, Men 0, Women 1.

vlcsnap-2012-07-11-04mru03.jpg

The MC got rewarded for her good deed by being given this dress by the cat's grateful owner (in foreground, and yes, the cat clings to her just like how she does with Felicita).

In contrast, tsun guy lost the day, because he said that he didn't want to help bring the cat home, but then did anyway. As punishment, he had to sing this song.
vlcsnap-2012-07-11-0427uow.jpg

Aww, isn't his blushing moe?

So yeah, overall, solid episode. Sure I have a few reservations, but I'm enjoying this show. Oh, and maybe the best thing about this show versus a male-lead harem show? The MC isn't a stupid, annoying moron! She's actually competent and reasonably smart.

cajunator

Banned
Animation never got dated when its looks good, for example.. I'm just watching Riding Bean and holy cow its looks like godsend compared to CG shit that we got now >_>

Anyone can recommend me more oldies OVA like this? Already watching Gunsmith Cats (n on progress reading the manga) too, I can't get enough of dem 2D cars.

If you like those sorts of vehicles check out You're Under Arrest and Ex-Driver. Realistic vehicles and from the same automobile-crazy manga ka.

Let me repeat.

This show. Delivers.

But it's not jsut a series about mahjong, it's a series about cute yuri-or-bi nopan girls playing mahjong! So yes, it should have been expected. :)

Uchip

Banned
This is almost as bad as when Gurren Lagann's human civilisation went from underground societies to THE FUCKING REACHES OF THE UNIVERSE AND BEYOND in the span of seven years.

How so? they went from steamboats to gas powered cars? they don't even need fossil fuels to power shit, we see mako using his bending as a job
im guessing its supposed to represent all of the nations working together to make this big city
the jump in technology made the sequel fresh rather than more of the same

and this is in the span of two generations, not seven years lmao

Binbougami Ga 1 - That was alright. There were a few funny parts. Maybe a little better than the manga. I'll watch some more, but if it turns into an endless series with no progress or anything, as I expect it to, I'm sure I won't watch everything... I can never care enough to keep up with stuff like that. But this episode was alright, maybe good.

It's 13 episodes.

wonzo

Banned
LoGH 5

The quality of the backgrounds in this series is quite impressive at times. Kircheis certainly proved his worth in this episode and it was rather interesting to catch a glimpse of the way Phezzan operates.

Also is is possible to post a picture of the MC not looking pathetic?
nope lol
woaaah do I need to take some shots before I watch the finale?
a few shots couldn't hurt but it was pretty good up until the very last bit

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
LoGH 5
The quality of the backgrounds in this series is quite impressive at times. Kircheis certainly proved his worth in this episode and it was rather interesting to catch a glimpse of the way Phezzan operates.
What happened on this ep and in screens?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Korra no Densetsu 11: That wasn't so bad.
How so? they went from steamboats to gas powered cars? they don't even need fossil fuels to power shit, we see mako using his bending as a job
im guessing its supposed to represent all of the nations working together to make this big city
the jump in technology made the sequel fresh rather than more of the same
It's the aftertaste from
FUCKING MECH SUITS
, mostly. That shit's too bananas.
a few shots couldn't hurt but it was pretty good up until the very last bit
I'm very much enjoying what I've seen in 11. I'm assuming there's some sort of plot twist or whatever that comes off-wall now. Hopefully it's not too idiotic.

wonzo

Banned
What happened on this ep and in screens?
copy pastin' wiki here

A new admiralty is created for Reinhard. He chooses commoners and lesser nobles to command his fleets: August Samuel Wahlen, Cornelius Lutz, Karl Gustav Kempf, Fritz Josef Bittenfeld, Ernest Mecklinger, Wolfgang Mittermeyer and Oskar von Reuenthal. Meanwhile, Maximilian von Kastrop has rebelled against the Empire. He thinks he is safe because of the "Artemis Necklace", a system of powerfully armed satellites built with the help of Phezzan. Reinhard sends a fleet under Kircheis' command to put an end to the rebellion. He manages to destroy the necklace. Kastrop is killed by his retainers and is the only casualty of the operation.

The screen is from when
the first fleet gets annihilated
and the rest are from when
Kircheis used gas from the Engineering squad to destroy the Artemis Necklace satellites, in which one fired and set off an explosive chain reaction.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You are in for a treat my friend

Let me repeat.

This show. Delivers.

Well I watched the spinoff last season so I've been meaning to catch up with this version. And I'm glad to hear it doesn't beat round the bush.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
copy pastin' wiki here

A new admiralty is created for Reinhard. He chooses commoners and lesser nobles to command his fleets: August Samuel Wahlen, Cornelius Lutz, Karl Gustav Kempf, Fritz Josef Bittenfeld, Ernest Mecklinger, Wolfgang Mittermeyer and Oskar von Reuenthal. Meanwhile, Maximilian von Kastrop has rebelled against the Empire. He thinks he is safe because of the "Artemis Necklace", a system of powerfully armed satellites built with the help of Phezzan. Reinhard sends a fleet under Kircheis' command to put an end to the rebellion. He manages to destroy the necklace. Kastrop is killed by his retainers and is the only casualty of the operation.
Thought that was it, but felt like that was way deep into the series. Goddam.
Now I want to rewatch some of it.

Oh, really? But still, it's based on an ongoing manga... I'm sure there can't be too much plot progression. Still, I'll certainly keep watching for now.

Well it's a mostly episodic monthly manga anyway (though I'm told there might be a genre shift). And maybe the anime will get a 2nd season if it does well, which probably won't happen.

Thud

copy pastin' wiki here

Keep on watching, you will certainly love both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom