• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true, I understand the concept of boredom.

GbBqY.jpg

Branduil

The concept of a transforming fighter/mech is inherently impractical. The maintenance costs alone on machine with that many moving parts that all have to work perfectly would be astronomical. And it'd likely be inferior at both roles anyway. It'd be like making a tank that could also fly.

The concept of a transforming fighter/mech is inherently impractical. The maintenance costs alone on machine with that many moving parts that all have to work perfectly would be astronomical. And it'd likely be inferior at both roles anyway. It'd be like making a tank that could also fly.
Think about the maintenance costs for Megazords. D:

FprCH.jpg

fertygo

Binbō-gami ga! 2
LOL, My stomach hurt watching this.. this was better than 1st episode but its seems not many here feel the same though, but this is great for me as I not very often found comedy anime that I can enjoy, maybe only Gintama , Zetsubou Sensei S1, and Moyashimon (although its not really comedy) that can burst me to laughter, glad I found another one.

Articalys

Eureka Seven AO 13

TIME TRAVEL THEORY IS VALIDATED

FIRST MENTION OF RENTON'S NAME; HE'S THE ONE WHO BUILT AO'S NIRVASH?!

WHY ISN'T IT NEXT WEEK YET AAAAAAAAAAH

I LOVE THIS SHOW

Those are magic, you can explain away anything with that. It's when your universe uses real-world physics that you have problems.

well a few series the mechs were tech oriented and people built, but that's not the issue ;P

Have they ever explained how VF's could ignore g-forces to allow midair transformation and super sharp turns? Alien magic tech?

Girls Bravo 5
jWiNE.png

This is more or less how the whole show is like.
New girl appears in Yukinari's bathtub, and since she comes from a world full on no men, she's afraid of them. So the whole episode is the main characters trying to catch up with her after she runs away. Looks like the next episode is just a continuation of this one, as there really was no conclusion to this episode.
FC9uG.png

Cupboard moe~

Uchip

Banned
well a few series the mechs were tech oriented and people built, but that's not the issue ;P

Have they ever explained how VF's could ignore g-forces to allow midair transformation and super sharp turns? Alien magic tech?

actually didnt they take drugs for that?
and people died going too fast in macross (ie. ending to Plus) so that's something

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Shion no Ou 02:

N5fJQl.jpg

Pink blush is never a healthy sign.

Man, so many different plot threads. Creepy stalkers, pushy journalists, death threats,
Leiji girl spying on other shogi players
Blue Saya faking his way through the women's league to earn cash for his sick mother
Shion recovering memories of her parents' murder
. I imagine that it all ties together somehow.

It's pretty egregious that
after failing in the first episode, Shion earns her professional status OFF FREAKING SCREEN
in this episode. The hell? I certainly hope that the show doesn't
relegate other important events to secondhand references and wordless shots of newspaper clippings

Shion looks like a huge dork with little necktie and her dress shirt tucked in her pants. What a nerd.

Shion no Ou 02:

Man, so many different plot threads. Creepy stalkers, pushy journalists, death threats,
Blue Saya faking his way through the women's league to earn cash for his sick mother

after failing in the first episode, Shion earns her professional status OFF FREAKING SCREEN
relegate other important events to secondhand references and wordless shots of newspaper clippings

Shion looks like a huge dork with little necktie and her dress shirt tucked in her pants. What a nerd.

You never visited your high school chess club? I've seen worse. And no lolis there.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You never visited your high school chess club? I've seen worse. And no lolis there.

I wish I went to a high school good enough to have a chess club. I played chess with a few people back then, but oddly most of them were stoners rather than nerds. That's rural Ohio for you.

Oh wow I didn't catch that! Hahaha!
What are you referencing here?

Shion no Ou 02:

And now you've gotten as far into Shion no Ou as I did before dropping it years back. I wonder, should I start watching it again?

Also, yes, Shogi is definitely the Japanese version of chess. Comes from the same root game (from India or something).

I said it was :DTL.
No, it isn't.

I assume
crossdressing
is why he "likes" Ano Hana.
And I assume that it's because it's an interesting show plenty of people liked.

You must have a pretty different definition than me, because as bizarre as it was, it wasn't overflowing with shounen haato/yaoi or anything.
I agree with this. That one element doesn't make it :DTL, nothing is :DTL without lots of shonen action.

Fate/Prototype

This OVA is only 12 minutes long, of which 2 minutes are the credits. It's basically a fake PV of the original concept of Fate/Stay Night, where the protagonist is female and Saber is male. All the Masters are different too, though Lancer and Girugamesh look exactly the same as ever. One of the Masters looks like or is Cornelius Alba from Kara no Kyoukai.

Nasu has already said that Fate/Prototype will be the only thing that ever comes of his original novel before it was reworked into F/SN. Too bad, I would have liked to see a full series of this alternate scenario. The idea of the female protag and the male Saber is pretty interesting and dramatically changes the dynamics of the relationship. Also, Shirou sucks so bad, this meganekko protag seems like she would have been much more awesome.
Yeah, it really is too bad that there won't be any more of this.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I can never get over that main character's design. That alone will keep me from ever watching that show.

I, for one, find it quite daring and avant-garde for an anime to have an anthropomorphized potato as a protagonist. They've heretofore only served small comic-relief roles such as the suicidal spud in Dai Mahou Touge, however Accel World has proven that they're capable of larger and more serious roles.

Dresden

Pig-kun is moe. Haters gonna hate.

cosmicblizzard said:
High school I think, but it's still only a 2 year difference, so not as creepy as it looks.

Also remember that she's like 20 mentally thanks to all the time she spent in-game. Totally... kosh.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Eureka Seven AO 13

TIME TRAVEL THEORY IS VALIDATED

FIRST MENTION OF RENTON'S NAME; HE'S THE ONE WHO BUILT AO'S NIRVASH?!

WHY ISN'T IT NEXT WEEK YET AAAAAAAAAAH

I LOVE THIS SHOW

I suppose this is the same irrational jubilant response I had to the Marky Mark moments in Saki A. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom