• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Let's see if I got this right...

Renton and Eureka--still pregnant with Ao--was messing with some Scrub Coral when it suddenly sends Eureka and Nirvash back to the Ao world of 2025. This is the Eureka we see in this episode (13).

At some point after episode 13, Eureka is sent back to 2012, where she gives birth to Ao.

By 2015, Eureka assists the chief and his fellow troops in fighting the Secrets. She remembers the chief and that other guy because she already met them in the future in this episode.

What happened to Eureka after that battle with the Secrets in 2015 is still unknown.

Am I getting this right?

Yup. Pretty much.

duckroll

Let's see if I got this right...

Renton and Eureka--still pregnant with Ao--was messing with some Scrub Coral when it suddenly sends Eureka and Nirvash back to the Ao world of 2025. This is the Eureka we see in this episode (13).

At some point after episode 13, Eureka is sent back to 2012, where she gives birth to Ao.

By 2015, Eureka assists the chief and his fellow troops in fighting the Secrets. She remembers the chief and that other guy because she already met them in the future in this episode.

What happened to Eureka after that battle with the Secrets in 2015 is still unknown.

Am I getting this right?

That seems accurate. You should join us in the E7AO thread! :)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
How far are you? It gets crazy if nothing else, which is all I asked of it. Loved it in the end.

I only made it up to episode 5 before my fake-ADD kicked in and I went to pretend to play video games/watch something else.

Tomat

Damn ADD posers.

Yeah, sorry. I have a bad habit of queuing up shows to watch or buying a bunch of games and then doing absolutely nothing with them. It's a terrible habit.

Also I tried to watch K-ON! once. That's about it.

Articalys

This is what happens when Sengoku Basara gets dragged into the world of the real.
1OJQf.gif
sW1lP.gif

Tomat

We should collaborate on a drawing. Create something cute and extraordinary.

Stop outposting me in here please. I worked really hard to try and wrack up my post count and you just pooped all over it.

JCG

How far are you? It gets crazy if nothing else, which is all I asked of it. Loved it in the end.

Unfortunately, I'd beg to differ. For the most part, I thought Guilty Crown got crazy in a bad way, in that it usually managed to be creepy and boring rather than amusing and entertaining. Yes, a number of over-the-top things happen, but I felt they were trying too hard, especially during the second half with all the oddly misogynistic and misanthropic overtones. I guess some of the self-contained episodes were the "best" part of the whole thing and the vaguely Evangelion-derived main plot was the worst. Not something I'd recommend.

Dresden

Accel World - 05

This was pretty good. Almost entirely in the game world, with lots of hot-blooded speeches and teary declarations and shonen-haato combat. I could actually piece together what was going on pretty well thanks to a certain gif involving Cartman and his childhood friend.

As usual I'm still fond of how the virtual world is depicted--in this case, it's with the building twisted into a Lovecraftian bastion.

im0Adl.jpg

Of course, after all that this is what we get.

xGvm5l.jpg

Oh, Accel World. It really is two shows pieced together into one. And one of the halves is absolutely rotten.

Lain

Ginga e Kickoff 11

Shut the fuck up referee. The guys
won fair and square
. They didn't play like gentlemen? I laugh at this.
This show, even if it uses too much stills and the animation isn't always up to par, has something that many sport shows, especially soccer ones, lack and that is funny.

Izayoi

Banned
Shana III 16-24:

They actually managed to not fuck it up.

I... I'm shocked.

Still not happy about some fake spoilers I read, which gave me false hope that
Yoshida would die - but in the end, she suffers something worse than death, so I suppose it's not all bad.

The series had to cram so much in because JC Staff fucked up on S2 so hard that there was literally no filler in the entire 24 episodes. Not even five minutes of it. The entire thing was story and people kicking the shit out of each other. It was great. I'm satisfied.

Izayoi

Banned
Yuji has good taste. Dat dress, dat hairstyle. Yuji is one of the best shonen MCs in recent memory. Shana III spoilers:
Literally become God, slaughter thousands, and create an entire world with your bare hands just to be with your waifu. We need more MCs like him.

shanamzyj4.jpg

In other news, I really wish more shonen would do the whole "bad guys are actually good" shtick. I'm sick of this don't kill anyone shit. Sometimes people need to die for shit to get done.

Izayoi that avatar is so fucking cute it hurts.
Is there a larger picture?
Well... there is. It's not exactly work safe. Would you like a PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom