• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pity your existence

She is the main selling point of the show. But I know you like girls with too much luck.

ubqSDl.png

I think you're confused.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Maybe.

I asked because moonspeak brought it up!

No, I meant why me? Hahaha.

But, in all honesty, Haru's better than Shirou because: 1 - He actually gets better with time; and 2 - He isn't a sexist prick.

... But then Haru's harem is lacking in the epic zettai ryouiki department, so... I don't know.

Campione 2
tumblr_m74dsg8mG21qbxqfpo1_500.png

I wish most of the good action anime this season didnt all have basis in somewhat building a league of female companions around a main character that just serve as love interests...for those moments, especially those with Erica really can dampen the mood in many scenes. Her personality outside of battles just doesnt make sense comparing this with episode 1 and makes her really inconsistent.

Regardless, Godou was pretty cool with his Avatar's (and those rules regarding them and strategy) and the entities in the series are a bit compelling. The music is also really good too.
Have a feeling that girl that is just following him is a god and that Verathragna must be coming back hopefully, I pray

tumblr_m74f3hnksM1qbxqfpo1_500.png

?

Ultimadrago

No, I meant why me? Hahaha.

But, in all honesty, Haru's better than Shirou because: 1 - He actually gets better with time; and 2 - He isn't a sexist prick.

... But then Haru's harem is lacking in the epic zettai ryouiki department, so... I don't know.

I see, I see.

Narag

Dog Soldier

Went in expecting something terrible and my expectations were met. That said, this is the sort of trashy manime I watch as a guilty pleasure. Action for the sake of action, breakneck pacing, a silly story, and bad guys getting their shit shoved in by a manly protagonist. Good times.

Poignant.

This was just icing.
iFrrhuTLYgWG1.gif

qcf x2

What do you guys see in Accel World? Besides the usual shounen consumers (DTL).

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 05, 06 - So good. I dunno if I want Original Griffisu or Rags to Riches guy to win. Why can't they be buddies? They respect each other already.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
What do you guys see in Accel World? Besides the usual shounen consumers (DTL).

The setting is interesting and the action is good. I enjoy the RL scenes in a "so-bad-it's-good" kind of way, while the virtual world scenes are genuinely fun.

Articalys

AST results: 1st prelim group 2 qualifiers:
1st 244 Yuu Matsumi @ Saki
2nd 196 Squid Girl @ Squid Girl
3rd 163 Tsukihi Araragi @ Nisemonogatari
4th 148 Elucia De Lute Irma @ The World God Only Knows
5th 144 Yune @ Ikoku Meiro No Croisee
6th 127 Fear Kubrick @ C3
7th 122 Mikoto Urabe @ Mysterious Girlfriend X
7th 122 Gertrud Barkhorn @ Strike Witches
9th 117 Miyuki Hoshizora @ Smile Pretty Cure!
10th 107 Himari Takakura @ Mawaru Penguindrum
11th 105 Charlotte E Yeager @ Strike Witches
12th 102 Unused Character @ Kill Me Baby

What happens?

(WARNING, MANGA SPOILERS)

Sakura forces her into a bath, but when poverty gods get clean, they become all nice and stuff, but it also means that if they stay that way for 7 days, they'll become human and never return to their normal form. In other words, the poverty goddess Momiji would die. So it's an arc filled with conflicted emotions, action, and other stuff! Would also be the perfect stopping point for the anime.

And this is what she looks like when clean.

Narag

It's kind of like Black Rock Shooter, with the difference that the action isn't pointless. Oh, and it follows logic.

Is everyone crazy like in brs? Joking aside, I'm growing more curious about the show as the redeeming factors seem to be escaping the long shadow of toilet-gate.

survivor

Banned
(WARNING, MANGA SPOILERS)

Sakura forces her into a bath, but when poverty gods get clean, they become all nice and stuff, but it also means that if they stay that way for 7 days, they'll become human and never return to their normal form. In other words, the poverty goddess Momiji would die. So it's an arc filled with conflicted emotions, action, and other stuff! Would also be the perfect stopping point for the anime.

And this is what she looks like when clean.

Good stuff, I hope they animate that arc.

Is everyone crazy like in brs? Joking aside, I'm growing more curious about the show as the redeeming factors seem to be escaping the long shadow of toilet-gate.

No, they are somewhat grounded in their teenage antics which doesn't make it any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom