• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Accel World - 11

Shock-and-Awe.gif

HOLY FUCK

cajunator

Banned
This is the correct definition.

It is A definition but I'm not sure it is the only definition. Moe is a really loaded word though. I don't want to sex up cute bugs or animu characters. I guess thats why I prefer the word cute though. So people dont think I am some kind of creeper. Instead they just think I am fucking insane and I'm ok with that.

BluWacky

Help me, people.

I AM A SICK MAN.

NINE HUNDRED AND TWELVE TIMES SINCE LAST SUNDAY. I don't even watch Lagrange.

I am completely obsessed with Marble by Megumi Nakajima, specifically the chorus when it goes into "guruguru mawase kono mahou no tsue de" etc. etc. I swear Rasmus Faber is deliberately aping Kanno. The lyrics are cutesy tripe, obviously ("twirl your magic wand around and mix up tears and sunny days!") but I'm hooked nonetheless.

Sheryl may be better than Ranka, but Mamegu sings much more interesting music than Mayn does. I bought Try Unite, and I'll be buying the full version of this.

Anyway, anime wot I've watched recently:

Sailormoon S 90-92

Thank god, this show is genuinely good. I thought I might have been blinded by teenage nostalgia. I've never actually seen beyond the R as we never got any more than that on UK TV so thought I should at least attempt to watch some of this.

I still don't get why the Senshi can't recognise each other, at least. I've always assumed that there's some kind of magic in effect that makes ordinary people fail to recognise who they are, but why does that mean that the Inner Senshi can't work out who Uranus and Neptune are? The audience knows, so surely there can't be any effective drama when it's eventually revealed to the Inner Senshi?

Summer Snow Rendezvous 1

Who'dathunk that a show about a dead guy haunting his widow and the guy that wants to bone her could be so naturalistic? Well, I did, because that's what Kou Matsuo does. Lovely first episode (although I made the mistake of reading the first chapter of the manga in advance so I knew everything that was going to happen). Really good stuff.

Humanity has Declined 2

I never thought I'd see that happen.

Why can't all anime comedies have this kind of sense of humour? Alas, it appears that most of the other things Romeo Tanaka writes are bishoujo games, so god knows where this came from.

Accel World 14
tumblr_m749nnOVWE1qbxqfpo1_500.png

For an episode that took place 99% of the time in the real world and school it was perhaps the best one yet. Taku is so great and
needed a hug there when he got all down about losing to Nomi. Poor guy, hopefully he can rise back to the top and beat Nomi at this game. You can really feel for him at least through these episodes, well I do.
. Nomi makes for a great possible rival for Taku though, and just had some cool poses, statements, and scenes. I enjoy his role. Hope they can pull through or
Taku comes to save the day next episode, since it seems both Chiyu and Haru are both wrapped around Nomi's finger, I do not foresee victory

The new Ending theme actually sounds good as well as the opening song, much more moving then the initial ones, especially the ending, and the english in the op is nice.

cajunator

Banned
Help me, people.

I AM A SICK MAN.

I am completely obsessed with Marble by Megumi Nakajima, specifically the chorus when it goes into "guruguru mawase kono mahou no tsue de" etc. etc. I swear Rasmus Faber is deliberately aping Kanno. The lyrics are cutesy tripe, obviously ("twirl your magic wand around and mix up tears and sunny days!") but I'm hooked nonetheless.

Sheryl may be better than Ranka, but Mamegu sings much more interesting music than Mayn does. I bought Try Unite, and I'll be buying the full version of this.

Anyway, anime wot I've watched recently:

Sailormoon S 90-92

Thank god, this show is genuinely good. I thought I might have been blinded by teenage nostalgia. I've never actually seen beyond the R as we never got any more than that on UK TV so thought I should at least attempt to watch some of this.

I still don't get why the Senshi can't recognise each other, at least. I've always assumed that there's some kind of magic in effect that makes ordinary people fail to recognise who they are, but why does that mean that the Inner Senshi can't work out who Uranus and Neptune are? The audience knows, so surely there can't be any effective drama when it's eventually revealed to the Inner Senshi?

Summer Snow Rendezvous 1

Who'dathunk that a show about a dead guy haunting his widow and the guy that wants to bone her could be so naturalistic? Well, I did, because that's what Kou Matsuo does. Lovely first episode (although I made the mistake of reading the first chapter of the manga in advance so I knew everything that was going to happen). Really good stuff.

Humanity has Declined 2

I never thought I'd see that happen.

Why can't all anime comedies have this kind of sense of humour? Alas, it appears that most of the other things Romeo Tanaka writes are bishoujo games, so god knows where this came from.

You need no help. Its a great song.

Thoraxes

Help me, people.

I AM A SICK MAN.

I like your taste, and it's clearly great.

DiGiKerot

Help me, people.

I AM A SICK MAN.

I hope you realise that's more plays than the top five iM@S songs in my iTunes combined.

I dunno, I've only listened to Marble a couple of times, and it didn't work for me as well as Try Unite. Saying that, I was mostly listening to it from the point of view of it being an OP song (rather than as a piece of music), and it didn't sound that synergetic for OP purposes on first blush. I'm thinking I might have a better impression once I actually see it in the context of the show.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I've listened to the Jinrui ED at least 200-300 times in the past few days, and probably even more than I listened to Try Unite back in January. It was stuck in my head 24/7 since the first episode aired last week, so I just gave in and decided to replace the looping track in my head with actual music.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sailormoon S 90-92

If you've only seen the DiC dub you should go back and watch it all subbed.

cajunator

Banned
Still, 912 listens to ANYTHING is pretty impressive.

I love the song S.U.K.I. by funta a hell of al ot but I think I topped out in the 400's.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Accel World 14

I found the overall episode to be quite good. Good amount of drama, comedy, Kuroyukihime, and a fight that was completely unexpected. I think what was really cool was the tone of the episode. It was much more darker than the previous episodes and it really show the insanity and cruelty that can be caused from Brain Burst. They added a couple of songs from what I can tell and the one that plays when Nomi and Haru meets is really cool.

Taku is such a bro and seeing him is really awesome. The novelty glasses are sort of cool I guess. Chiyu is freaking annoying as hell and her inconsistency annoys the hell out of me. She appears to be violent and brash in front of the group but against others she's just a frail girl that can't do jack shit. Plus how she treats Haru in front of Taku, ugh. Haru is pretty cool this episode I guess. As always Kuroyukihime <3.

BluWacky

Did you learn nothing from the mountain?

Everyone has a foible. Some people smoke cigarettes while attempting to live healthy nomadic lives and lecturing people with terrible CG visual aids; I listen to cheesy J-pop on repeat endlessly
because it's easier

I dunno, I've only listened to Marble a couple of times, and it didn't work for me as well as Try Unite. Saying that, I was mostly listening to it from the point of view of it being an OP song (rather than as a piece of music), and it didn't sound that synergetic for OP purposes on first blush. I'm thinking I might have a better impression once I actually see it in the context of the show.

Nah, the OP itself for Lagrange 2 was naff - recycled footage and lots of slow pans across happy looking faces. The song, though...

If you've only seen the DiC dub you should go back and watch it all subbed.

Yikes. Am I really missing out on that much, though? I know - or at least, I knew thirteen years ago or whenever it was - the extent of the cuts but it never really seemed to bother me that much.

cajunator

Banned
I've listened to the Jinrui ED at least 200-300 times in the past few days, and probably even more than I listened to Try Unite back in January. It was stuck in my head 24/7 since the first episode aired last week, so I just gave in and decided to replace the looping track in my head with actual music.

Its by the same group that did Soramimi cake. Its god-tier.
The same group also did the OP to Magical Nyan Nyan Taruto.

Accel World 14

I found the overall episode to be quite good. Good amount of drama, comedy, Kuroyukihime, and a fight that was completely unexpected. I think what was really cool was the tone of the episode. It was much more darker than the previous episodes and it really show the insanity and cruelty that can be caused from Brain Burst. They added a couple of songs from what I can tell and the one that plays when Nomi and Haru meets is really cool.

Taku is such a bro and seeing him is really awesome. The novelty glasses are sort of cool I guess. Chiyu is freaking annoying as hell and her inconsistency annoys the hell out of me. She appears to be violent and brash in front of the group but against others she's just a frail girl that can't do jack shit. Plus how she treats Haru in front of Taku, ugh. Haru is pretty cool this episode I guess. As always Kuroyukihime <3.

All that Kuroyukihime in the ending...though pig haru was great there too. I wish Chiyu would stay consistent though.

Ultimadrago

Good man.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Accel World 14

Oh. That's bullshit, Chiyu.
Why can't Cartman tell Taku you pressed your naked body against his in the shower (and liked it) when you're going to tell Kuroyukihime? That's just wrong.

But...

OH GOD YES. Best RL episode ever.

I can't wait until Cartman rips this Nomi kid's heart out from his chest and pisses on it.

The ED isn't as good as "Unfinished", but it's still cool. And the visuals were funny, haha.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What is Access World?
I think this is the first time I've been called out for giving a show the incorrect title. Next time I'll make sure to give it its correct name of Axel World to avoid confusion.

Help me, people.

I AM A SICK MAN.

I thought it was bad that I listened to READY!! over 100 times.

I don't think there is one song I can say I've heard 900 times. I doubt I've even heard the Super Mario Bros in its many renditions 900 times. You're a mad mad man.

Yurumate3Dei 15

Only six years to go.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I can relate to that. I've been listening to this and the Binbougami ga! ED non-stop for the past week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom