• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Udon going for that untapped anime art book market:
Udon Entertainment announced at its panel at San Diego Comic Con on Friday that it is establishing a new anime art book initiative. The company will launch the new line with five art books.

Udon Entertainment will release three Neon Genesis Evangelion art books. The Evangelion Chronicle: Illustrations book will contain original artwork created for the Evangelion Chronicle encyclopedia series. It will also include rough sketches and creators' comments. The book will go on sale in November 2012.

The Evangelion Chronicle: Side A book will cover the first 13 television episodes of the original television series with original artwork, a character relationship chart, character and EVA profiles, a timeline, and a comprehensive episode guide. The Evangelion Chronicle: Side B will provide the same details for episodes 14-26 plus original movies.

The Read or Die: R.O.D. Official Archive art book provides the "ultimate guide" to the world of the Read or Die original video anime series and the 26-episode television anime series. The book will ship in December 2012.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Art Book will feature the work of illustrator Noizi Ito. The book will be released in 2012.
Some of the books discussed above:
0LcyM.jpg
N6GxG.jpg

hGmHw.jpg
OzxcA.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Certain colors may make me feel a certain way, just like seeing something cute may make me feel a certain way.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon S 92

U0OR7.jpg

Haruka

CXDck.jpg

And Michiru
Finally, a proper introduction for the 2 new characters!

Haruka's voice isn't quite what I expected, it's kind of.. nasally? Hopefully I can get used to it, otherwise it'll bother me a lot. :(

Anyway, Hito informs me that this was the first episode in S directed by Ikuhara, and the copious amounts of rose petals confirms it. The comedic timing in this episode was spot on, Minako can be really funny.

VFmSx.jpg

It had surprisingly good graphics for a game made in the 90's ^^

cLIi5.jpg

Poor Minako, will she ever get one of her sayings right?

Anyway, this episode confirms that Haruka and Michiru
are both Sailors as well, though their phrase of "the new era" makes me suspicious of them... though I'm sure that eventually they'll end up teaming up with Usagi and Co. also they're both slightly annoying so far, though I blame that more on the fact that they're going down the route of "We need the talismans for some mysterious reason BUT WE REFUSE TO TELL YOU WHY EVEN THOUGH IT WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE TO TELL YOU". Though it's pretty early on, so things could change easily...

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica 2
tumblr_m74j8fQi5O1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well this episode was just nearly awful. I didnt ever foresee signing up for this or ever signing up to experience anything like this...
two girls making out intensely in the PE room, then watching three girls pee on themselves together, then watching three girls showering together with full exposed boobs
...my eyes :/ I mean. I dont even.

The episode had such promise
just the whole thing with the student council, the bully takedown, and the cool spam usage of magics, was nice
. I hope it gets back to being magic focused as its a cool foundation for a series, that doesnt need to be pushed aside for that.

I'm fond of green, it can be calming sometimes. Light green reminds me of my old room which was a hella comfortable place to be.

Then in this case Light Green is the 'cute' and the calming nostalgia is the 'moe', which varies from person to person. Most can agree something is Light Green (cute) but not everyone will get the same emotion you did from it (moe)

If I go ask Cajunator who he finds moe we can probably both agree that said character is cute but I will not give a single fuck if said character suffers some heartbreaking setback or dilemma while he is more likely to care.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Then in this case Light Green is the 'cute' and the calming nostalgia is the 'moe', which varies from person to person. Most can agree something is Light Green (cute) but not everyone will get the same emotion you did from it (moe)

If I go ask Cajunator who he finds moe we can probably both agree that said character is cute but I will not give a single fuck if said character suffers some heartbreaking setback or dilemma while he is more likely to care.

Alright, I think I can agree with that. But now I'm out of dumb questions to ask for the day. Gotta think of something else to bug everyone in this thread about now.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Saki Episode of Side-A: 07

NmuHw.png

Good job Shizuno! Kind glad they didn't pull some miracle and place first.

4db4c.png

Hell yeah! Stealth Momo!

They are really speeding through these matches. I'm guessing so they can spend a good amount of time covering the finals, but damn.

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica 2

I didnt ever foresee signing up for this or ever signing up to experience anything like this...
two girls making out intensely in the PE room, then watching three girls pee on themselves together, then watching three girls showering together with full exposed boobs
...my eyes :/ I mean. I dont even.

Well, well, well.

Narag

Nichijou 3

Nano and the professor are the best and I really liked the interstitial scenes in this ep. The musical score in this so far is really something else too. It's a shame the humor is still so hit or miss with me or I'd be enamored with every aspect of the show.

Nichijou 3

Nano and the professor are the best and I really liked the interstitial scenes in this ep. The musical score in this so far is really something else too. It's a shame the humor is still so hit or miss with me or I'd be enamored with every aspect of the show.

The KyoAni magic.

Firemind

Nichijou is a comedy and they pretty much fail as a comedic trio. Had KyoAni replaced them with more Yuuko, Mio and Mai, it probably wouldn't have bombed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom