• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

So for Fall it's:

Magi
To Love-Ru Darkness
Seitokai No Ichizon S2
Hayate no Gotoku S3
Robotics;Notes
Little Busters!
Bakuman S3
Jormungand S2

Is Sora no Otoshimono S3 coming this year too?

A lot of sequels, and I haven't seen the first season of any of them :(

The Sacred Blacksmith 5
PQ3oE.jpg

It's one of those episodes isn't it.
Nothing happens. Well Lisa gets a sluttier outfit and Luke continues to do what he does best. They also tried to give an explanation to all the devils and stuff, but it all kinda went over my head. And the last scene was really touching with Luke actually being nice, and to a girl at that.
47z0K.jpg

This is neither the first or the last time Luke will make a girl cry

kids on slope 12

That ended nicely imo. Train running thing was cheesy and kinda meh but everything else 'felt' right.

Even though I'm not a big fan of melodrama sillyness, I overall enjoyed this show. Production values is top tier. Characters felt 'real' for the most part. Music flowed well. Good stuff.

8.5/10

Wish Upon the Pleiades 1-4

Who'd a thunk that a collection of magical girl shorts bankrolled by Subaru would've turned out to be the most entertaining work Gainax has released since TTGL?!
Is there some kind of connection between the Pleiades and magical girls? The less than stellar Madoka spinoff manga, Kazumi Magica, had a team of magical girls called the Pleiades Saints.

Kettch

15:57:53 <bay|AX|Aniplex> Q: Bakemonogatari BDs in Japan… in character commentary track, will those be included
15:58:10 <bay|AX|Aniplex> A: Same as fate zero, considered extras title by title, info will be included on the website

Well, at least that isn't a no. I really shouldn't get my hopes up. :(

History's strongest disciple kenichi OVA 2

Definitely felt half assed (come on brain's base T_T). Isn't the point of OVA's is that you have time to make it NOT look like korean farmed out hentai level of animation? I would love another season for this show though. Manga does get quite awesome/manly.

And ditch that cheesy OST.

inmtaiefiSUkS.gif

Hissatsu: Shaky cam fist!

Articalys

Well, at least that isn't a no. I really shouldn't get my hopes up. :(
Yeah, rights issues or whatnot aside, in Aniplex USA's defense, due to being written by Nisio, the commentaries are so complex they're probably equal in length to almost a whole extra novel, so it would be quite a bit of work on their part to translate them.

Kettch

Yeah, rights issues or whatnot aside, in Aniplex USA's defense, due to being written by Nisio, the commentaries are so complex they're probably equal in length to almost a whole extra novel, so it would be quite a bit of work on their part to translate them.

On the other side of the coin, not including half of the show's content would result in a gutted release.

The lack of a dub has been the best news so far, suggesting they'll try to appeal to those already fans of the show, a lot of whom are wanting this.

Theonik

Lies, I was perfectly happy with my first tag. :(
Your first tag was good. Went from "stamps of approval" to "stamps of disapproval" to this. Poor Envelope.
This show is pretty amazing for what it is. The dub is like... atrocious at times, but I feel like it's better at being a space adventure show than Moretsu Pirates, and surprisingly, the main couple's on and off again romance actually has some chemistry behind it.
Oh for sure the dub will occasionally shift to being quite bad, but it's still better than most anime and better than say Dark Cat. It's a pretty good space adventure overall and as you said I feel the romance actually works quite well, better than in other shows, mostly I guess due to the characters.

Defuser

Hopefully July will have more announcememts for Fall season. I'm still holding for a new To aru show hopefully railgun.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Your first tag was good. Went from "stamps of approval" to "stamps of disapproval" to this. Poor Envelope.
Oh for sure the dub will occasionally shift to being quite bad, but it's still better than most anime and better than say Dark Cat. It's a pretty good space adventure overall and as you said I feel the romance actually works quite well, better than in other shows, mostly I guess due to the characters.
The Australian or British accents are pretty naff, but somehow there still manages to be chemistry between the two leads. I'm surprised it works in spite of the voice acting, to be honest.

Theonik

The Australian or British accents are pretty naff, but somehow there still manages to be chemistry between the two leads. I'm surprised it works in spite of the voice acting, to be honest.
I like the accents so that might explain why I feel this way about the dub I guess.

So for Fall it's:

Magi
To Love-Ru Darkness
Seitokai No Ichizon S2
Hayate no Gotoku S3
Robotics;Notes
Little Busters!
Bakuman S3
Jormungand S2

Doesn't look bad at all

History's strongest disciple kenichi OVA 2

Definitely felt half assed (come on brain's base T_T). Isn't the point of OVA's is that you have time to make it NOT look like korean farmed out hentai level of animation? I would love another season for this show though. Manga does get quite awesome/manly.

And ditch that cheesy OST.

inmtaiefiSUkS.gif

Hissatsu: Shaky cam fist!

Kenichi needs another 50 eps run..we'll get the tournament but plenty of other very impressives scenes as well

Jex

Perhaps it's the voice acting, but part of me wants to believe that they're all fake... like the Infinite Stratos dub. lol

Why don't you believe that my people have accents :(

Also, judging by your reactions to Eurkea Seven Ao - 10 I can't wait to see your reactions to this weeks episode.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon R 73

1fPJW.jpg

Good lord, Chibiusa was so dumb and annoying this episode. Just like Usagi said at the end, everything really was her fault.
I still like chibiusa though. :p

This seems like a very dramatic arc when there's still 13 episodes to go, but so far it's fun, Rubeus is getting desperate, the new villainess is hot interesting, and I bet the old cloaky dude is the real badguy behind it all.

Jex

kids on slope 12

That ended nicely imo. Train running thing was cheesy and kinda meh but everything else 'felt' right.

Even though I'm not a big fan of melodrama sillyness, I overall enjoyed this show. Production values is top tier. Characters felt 'real' for the most part. Music flowed well. Good stuff.

8.5/10
I think that was really only problematic because they had already played the train card a few episodes ago. Unfortunately for them you only get to play that card once before it becomes too 'cheesy' for modern audiences.

Uchip

Banned
I think that was really only problematic because they had already played the train card a few episodes ago. Unfortunately for them you only get to play that card once before it becomes too 'cheesy' for modern audiences.

implying old fashioned audiences would enjoy the repitition?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You should play Xenoblade.
If only I had a hundred hours. :(

Why don't you believe that my people have accents :(

Also, judging by your reactions to Eurkea Seven Ao - 10 I can't wait to see your reactions to this weeks episode.
I'd tell you to watch an episode of Time Jam... except it's probably region locked on CR. You'll understand though. :p

As for Eureka... I can't even imagine what kind of mess it would be if it's anything like last week's episode.

The irony is that the two plot device characters are better at living their lives than the three main characters who
apparently floundered in failed dreams for 8 years
. The outcome of the two train scenes could not be any more different!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon R 74

Ymw4b.jpg

The dramatic conclusion!
Seriously, all these problems could have been avoided if Chibiusa had just explained what she wanted in the first place. At least it seems that she finally explained to Mamoru.

A bit of Usagi's old unwillingness
to help when things were getting really hard flared up again, but at least now she's strong enough to overcome it by herself. Also she gets more shoujo powerups! Yay!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I dunno about that, I'm a sucker for "train' scenes, esp ones that are used as a metaphor for the separation between lovers.

Jex

I dunno about that, I'm a sucker for "train' scenes, esp ones that are used as a metaphor for the separation between lovers.

Yeah but everyone knows you are a big softie!

Also, there's nothing metaphorical about being separated by distance back in the day before instantly communications. It was certainly a far bigger deal then than it is now. Skype has ruined it for everyone.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Yeah but everyone knows you are a big softie!

Also, there's nothing metaphorical about being separated by distance back in the day before instantly communications. It was certainly a far bigger deal then than it is now. Skype has ruined it for everyone.

That's the funniest thing about films like say Before Sunrise - The situation portrayed in the film would be somewhat unrealistic if it took place in a later time period than the 90s.

Jex

As for Eureka... I can't even imagine what kind of mess it would be if it's anything like last week's episode.
It's at least a hundred times stronger than last weeks outing. I have no way of encapsulating how powerful it is without spoiling all the best moments, so I'll just have to let you discover it for yourself.

Grzi

That's the funniest thing about films like say Before Sunrise - The situation portrayed in the film would be somewhat unrealistic if it took place in a later time period than the 90s.

Imagine if the ending of that movie wasn't "We'll meet here in six months.", but "Hey, you use Skype? You got Facebook?"

Man, that sure would ruin it.

Jex

Modern technology ruins everything.

Well, nearly. Luckily mobile phones can still run out of battery, or lose their signal or whatever.

I finished Katanagatari, it's truly a unique anime and one of my favourites.

Now I need to finish Canaan and Cat's Eye, the first three episodes of Canaan were surprisely enjoyable I hope the other 10 episodes are similar.

So for Fall it's:

Magi
To Love-Ru Darkness
Seitokai No Ichizon S2
Hayate no Gotoku S3
Robotics;Notes
Little Busters!
Bakuman S3
Jormungand S2

You forgot Girls und Panzer

Grzi

Done with the first season of Kaiji.

Great stuff, very addictive, on to the second season, I might write some longer impressions when I finish it.

But yeah, watch this if you haven't already.

duckroll

Here's a tentative Fall lineup so far:

newtaminA 2.0:
Robotics;Notes
Psycho-Pass

Shounen apocalypse:
Magi
Zetsuen no Tempest
Code:Breaker
Gyrozetter

Continuations:
Kyousogiga Sequel
Hidamari Sketch x Hanikamu
Jormungand S2
Hiiro no Kakaera S2
Bakuman S3
Hayate no Gotoku! New Series

Wildcards:
Say "I love you"
Girds Und Panzer
K
From the New World (Might be delayed to Winter)

Smut:
Busou Shinki
ToLoveRu Darkness
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Little Busters!

1stStrike

Banned

newtaminA 2.0:
Robotics;Notes
Psycho-Pass

Shounen apocalypse:
Magi
Zetsuen no Tempest
Gyrozetter

Continuations:
Kyousogiga Sequel
Jormungand S2
Hiiro no Kakaera S2
Bakuman S3

Wildcards:
Say "I love you"
Girds Und Panzer
K

Smut:
Busou Shinki
ToLoveRu Darkness
Little Busters!

tumblr_ljs5rcx5zj1qb2vtj2m.jpg

Let's just skip the summer and go directly to fall.

newtaminA 2.0:
Robotics;Notes
Psycho-Pass

Shounen apocalypse:
Magi
Zetsuen no Tempest
Gyrozetter

Continuations:
Kyousogiga Sequel
Jormungand S2
Hiiro no Kakaera S2
Bakuman S3

Wildcards:
Say "I love you"
Girds Und Panzer
K

Smut:
Busou Shinki
ToLoveRu Darkness
Little Busters!

Wow already so many on my list. Uta no&#9734;Prince-sama&#9834; Maji Love 1000% 2 isn't fall?

Magi is gonna own everything in Fall.

I dont know, the trailer for K looked like it has the best set of characters and action...Magi would have to have action in league with Fairy Tail and Bleach as well as deep character development like Naruto + Naruto Shippuden and attempt to have a linear and non endlessly expanding universe like One Piece...to own everything in Fall for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom