• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
I dont know, the trailer for K looked like it has the best set of characters and action...Magi would have to have action in league with Fairy Tail and Bleach as well as deep character development like Naruto + Naruto Shippuden and attempt to have a linear and non endlessly expanding universe like One Piece...to own everything in Fall for me.

I don't think any anime will ever get to that point.

7Th

Here's a tentative Fall lineup so far:

newtaminA 2.0:
Robotics;Notes
Psycho-Pass

Shounen apocalypse:
Magi
Zetsuen no Tempest
Code:Breaker
Gyrozetter

Continuations:
Kyousogiga Sequel
Hidamari Sketch x Hanikamu
Jormungand S2
Hiiro no Kakaera S2
Bakuman S3
Hayate no Gotoku! New Series

Wildcards:
Say "I love you"
Girds Und Panzer
K
From the New World (Might be delayed to Winter)

Smut:
Busou Shinki
ToLoveRu Darkness
Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankei Nai yo ne
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Little Busters!

Kyousogiga Sequel isn't a TV show; it's another ONA. Also, isn't the Takamura show set for Fall?

BluWacky

Kyousogiga Sequel isn't a TV show; it's another ONA. Also, isn't the Takamura show set for Fall?

We have no confirmation on Vividred's air date yet I believe?

(also GOD WHY DO THE CHARACTERS NOT WEAR TROUSERS OR SKIRTS OR SOMETHING?)

Sengoku Collection 13
tumblr_m6fum8jBdx1qbxqfpo1_500.jpg

Onsen + Beach Episode was not what I wanted from this anime, and even worst these terrible characters are still around. However the episode did have that one thing in every anime that always makes me laugh
when characters fall down a hole, lol
Otherwise really dull, boring, and not good. Should have gave us another episode with

tumblr_m638ucJGbh1rwcpybo2_400.gif

1stStrike

Banned
Ugh. This series had some potential, but Kouga just brought it down. The final "showdown" wasn't even really a fight. It's a shame that it ended up like this.
Kouga is one of the worst characters I've seen in anime in a long time. He just runs blindly forward into his version of "justice" all the time. He kills his parents and nothing happens - he just moves on and takes over the empire.

Meh.

7Th

Really? Damn, I would have been interested in seeing a full TV show. At least it will look pretty.

Really? A Kyousogiga TV show wouldn't work with Toei's schedule management at all. Hell, the main "brains" behind Kyousogiga have been busy for most of 2012 (Matusmoto in Omega, Hayashi in Drilland). If a Kyousogiga TV show came out this Fall, it would be a total mess.

newtaminA 2.0:
Robotics;Notes
Psycho-Pass

Shounen apocalypse:
Magi
Zetsuen no Tempest
Gyrozetter

Continuations:
Kyousogiga Sequel
Jormungand S2
Hiiro no Kakaera S2
Bakuman S3

Wildcards:
Say "I love you"
Girds Und Panzer
K

Smut:
Busou Shinki
ToLoveRu Darkness
Little Busters!

Fall sounds fun if anything as they'll be less LN adaptations.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So for Fall it's:

Magi
To Love-Ru Darkness
Seitokai No Ichizon S2
Hayate no Gotoku S3
Robotics;Notes
Little Busters!
Bakuman S3
Jormungand S2

Is Sora no Otoshimono S3 coming this year too?

Oh wow, Seitokai No Ichizon is getting another season. May need to re-watch the first one since its been awhile.

1stStrike

Banned
Dem colors. Haven't seen anything quite like this before - the color choices in this anime are all really unique and vibrant. I like it.

But, the MC not even knowing how to
work the reel on a fishing pole
was a bit... eh. It's not exactly rocket science. They kind of overdid it with his stupidity there.

Still, I had a couple laughs so will continue onto the next one.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

newtaminA 2.0:
Robotics;Notes
Psycho-Pass

Shounen apocalypse:
Magi
Zetsuen no Tempest
Gyrozetter

Continuations:

Wildcards:
Say "I love you"
K

Smut:
ToLoveRu Darkness

Fall is going to be rough. Bring it!

Here's hoping Gyrozetter will be something similar to that of IGPX.

Grzi

newtaminA 2.0:
Robotics;Notes
Psycho-Pass

Shounen apocalypse:
Magi
Zetsuen no Tempest
Gyrozetter

Continuations:
Kyousogiga Sequel
Jormungand S2
Hiiro no Kakaera S2
Bakuman S3

Wildcards:
Say "I love you"
Girds Und Panzer
K

Smut:
Busou Shinki
ToLoveRu Darkness
Little Busters!

Man, if only we could skip Summer somehow.

Jex

Done with the first season of Kaiji.

Great stuff, very addictive, on to the second season, I might write some longer impressions when I finish it.

But yeah, watch this if you haven't already.

Ah, I envy you. The first arc of Kaiji season two is my favourite part of the Kaiji anime.

Narag

Fate/Stay Night TV Reproduction 1

So what happens when you cram 12 episodes of a tv series and jam it into an hour? Usually a mess but I was surprised here. The harem antics are removed, scenes are trimmed down to what's essential rather than maintaining the unnecessary bloat found in the tv series, and the story comes across as more focused on Shirou, Saber, Rin, and the Grail War. The final product is very action oriented and, consequently, very entertaining that picks a great place to end.

There's some issues with editing as the pacing feels off and there's a few instances of "It's evening? It was just morning." but more often than not, it seemed like things worked out better.
Cutting out Shirou vs Rin entirely was great and the Rider vs Shirou encounter being reduced to something so brief made so much more sense rather than having am inexperienced master holding his own against a Servant via grit.
The more action oriented scenes were trimmed too so they don't feel overlong or overwrought, and more importantly, the ugly elements are gone.

Characters are introduced at a bare minimum and the important events of the story shape their characterization rather than banal chitchat sitting around the dinner table. Saber comes across better, even rebellious, as it feels like a butting of heads with her beliefs vs Shirou's while kitchen Saber was eliminated entirely. Hell, they actually feel like partners for the most part which was lacking from other adaptations.
Sure, Shirou's there to catch her after Assassin but it had this ethereal fairy tale feel rather than Shirou being Shirou.
Even Saber running like a dork was pulled! Yes!

Illllya.

For you TYPE-MOON fans out there, is there an in-universe reason her eye color shifts red? I meant to ask that while watching the tv series.

We also get a classy remake of the original OP out of this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu7n2IDDx_Q

I fully expect the second half to be the trainwreck I anticipated the first half to be. We'll see!

Jex

hmmm i might be a minority, but I kinda liked akagi more than kaiji.

god > loser

zawa~

Most people, that I've read/spoken to anyway, prefer Kaiji for the exact opposite of the reason you gave. I think it's pretty natural to root for the underdog.

Beyond that, most people don't have any idea how to play mahjong so following what's going on Akagi is very tricky where as the games in Kaiji are a lot easier to follow.

You missed Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun! That, Magi, and Hidamari Sketch S4 are the only fall shows I'm looking forward to right now. Hopefully From the New World ends up airing then as well.

Really? A Kyousogiga TV show wouldn't work with Toei's schedule management at all. Hell, the main "brains" behind Kyousogiga have been busy for most of 2012 (Matusmoto in Omega, Hayashi in Drilland). If a Kyousogiga TV show came out this Fall, it would be a total mess.

Kyousogiga was a total mess to begin with, so I don't see the problem!

Jex

No Fate/Zero this week so needed something to fill the gap in my schedule.

You could fill it with good things :(

Actually, as I haven't seen your MAL it's quite possible that there's nothing else major which you have yet to watch. But still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom