• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Saki Episode of Side-A - 08

Dx2TD.png

t9KIB.png

Pretty much a power up episode where Shizu and the gang face off against people we know from the main series. MomoxKajiki is OTP.

Considering how they're about to go up against Saki's older sister, I have my doubts of this season ending well. :lol

Hagure Yuusha 2

VSOmm.jpg

These are the words of a harem protagonist.

Now I see what this show is about. It's about how a totally overpowered "hero" can use his powers to be as much of a douchebag as possible. Pretty underused concept if I do say so myself. Though the panty/bra stealing is starting to get old. Hope he has more tricks up his sleeves, and if the end of the episode is any indication, he definitely does (particularly cruel ones I might add).

This episode did make me realize something. I am willing to tolerate a lot of shit if the overall product is fun. That sleep rape 0_o

h5TPz.jpg

What is WRONG with this guy!?

wonzo

Banned
LoGH 7

Apparently melee combat in space is done with axes. I can't complain as it was actually kinda cool! I wasn't expecting them to
capture Iserlohn Fortress
so soon but I can't say that I have any complaints about the pacing as it doesn't feel at all rushed. Plus, this Oberstein dude seems to have his head screwed on pretty tight. I wonder what he's scheming.

Anyway, it was fairly obvious that large parts of this episode had been redrawn digitally as shown above. I don't know if this is because there were budgetary issues with this episode when it was originally produced but it looked "cleaner" than usual and I wouldn't have minded if not for the switching between the old cell work and the redrawn stuff. I don't have the LaserDisc version on hand so I can't really compare it with the original but maybe someone more familiar with the series could weigh in on this.

BINBOGAMI 2
Not good !!! not good at all !!! miko outflit is better ... What a blasphemy !!!!!

DAKARA ....BLABLABLABLA 2
Of course , believe her , not because the previous fight just blew your house but because the panda died !!! Perfect Logic !!!! It was ZUN ZUN the Panda after all !!

cajunator

Banned
Saiunkoku Monogatari 4

Tournament time! What a wonderful reveal
between Seiran & Ryuki
I might have teared up a bit there!

Poor Seiran isn't going to last the show.

Shurei's assumption had me laughing too.

I bought saiunkoku monagatari on impulse, but I ended up really liking it.
Its very shoujo, but the story is pretty good.
People tell me its better than Fushigi yuugi which I haven't watched.

Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai 2

lol, 95% of the OP is just scenes from episode 1 and the ED is just the "red threads" + some random media player effects. I guess they ran out of money.

Does this guy fap the second he wakes up or something? He seems absolutely horrified that his morning wood isn't there. Impressive thought process.

Best way to stop a fight ever.

Anyway, this is still good and funny. Childhood friend is still best girl unfortunately (since she's so losing).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai 2

lol, 95% of the OP is just scenes from episode 1 and the ED is just the "red threads" + some random media player effects. I guess they ran out of money.

they seriously made an ED themed after
pubes
? uhh...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Saki Episode of Side-A - 10

xwb6G.png

Goddamit Kuro!

While I'm not a fan of easily won matches, this episode was just brutal. You
get your hopes up for a possible comeback, only to get them crushed by Teru. That girl is ridiculous.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Help me, people.

I AM A SICK MAN.

NINE HUNDRED AND TWELVE TIMES SINCE LAST SUNDAY. I don't even watch Lagrange.
Man I cannot wait to finish my spring backlog so I can get back on the Lagrange bandwagon.
Accel World 14
For an episode that took place 99% of the time in the real world and school it was perhaps the best one yet. Taku is so great and
needed a hug there when he got all down about losing to Nomi. Poor guy, hopefully he can rise back to the top and beat Nomi at this game. You can really feel for him at least through these episodes, well I do.
All I feel for all the characters in Accel World is disdain and scorn. Well, Yuniko at least is cute in her bitchiness.

Erigu

[Eureka 7 AO]
Let's see if I got this right...

Renton and Eureka--still pregnant with Ao--was messing with some Scrub Coral when it suddenly sends Eureka and Nirvash back to the Ao world of 2025. This is the Eureka we see in this episode (13).

At some point after episode 13, Eureka is sent back to 2012, where she gives birth to Ao.

By 2015, Eureka assists the chief and his fellow troops in fighting the Secrets. She remembers the chief and that other guy because she already met them in the future in this episode.

What happened to Eureka after that battle with the Secrets in 2015 is still unknown.

Am I getting this right?
I would think the pregnant Eureka is sent back to 12005 at some point, and then returns to the past once again with Renton's new Nirvash (the one Ao eventually pilots), this time ending up in 2012.
But then again, I've only watched one episode and a half of the show, so I could be wrong!

Paranoia Agent 1
The character designs here are really strong. It's not a particularly exaggerated style, yet everyone introduced so far is incredibly distinct, particularly Kawaru, the sleazy investigative journalist. His eyes, in particular, remind me of some kind of slimy amphibious predator that waits patiently before swallowing up helpless prey.
The name "Kawazu" is a pun on "frog".
I seem to remember all the (main?) characters' names are puns on animals, something that comes into play here and there.

Chocolate 02

Not a bad episode. Besides meeting everyone not in the club yet again, the male lead isn't terrible.

It's back to normal high school antics, so more electric car murders or expensive student council meetings.

Yeah, average, but not terrible, so yay?

Articalys

Space Brothers continues the real-life astronaut cameos:
It was revealed on Saturday that an upcoming episode of the Space Brothers anime series will feature the world's first voice acting performance from space. Astronaut Akihiko Hoshide, who boards the spacecraft Soyuz on Sunday to head to the International Space Station (ISS), will play himself in an episode of the television anime adaptation of Chūya Koyama's Uchū Kyōdai manga while on board the Station.

Hoshide's upcoming launch will mark his second time in space, and he is scheduled to spend four months on the ISS. While there, he will conduct experiments researching the effects of weightlessness on bone density, as well as ones involving small-scale satellites.

Hoshide is scheduled to appear in an episode of the anime that will air in early November. In the episode, Hibito Nanba recalls speaking to Hoshide at a Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) event where children are given the chance to speak to astronauts in space. The staff of the anime will go to the Tsukuba Space Center in mid-September to conduct the recording, and are also taking submissions from the public for other questions that will be asked to Hoshide by children in the scene.

jman2050

Nichijou 3

Nano and the professor are the best and I really liked the interstitial scenes in this ep. The musical score in this so far is really something else too. It's a shame the humor is still so hit or miss with me or I'd be enamored with every aspect of the show.

The Professor/Nano bits are by far the worst parts of the show, and I don't care much for the rest of the show as is.

Humanity Has Declined 1:
What the fuck? @ that ending. That was incredible. First episode definitely has me hooked and wanting to see what happens next. I love the look of this show, and the main character is pretty amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom