• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

Update!
They released more details on the first Accel World game for PSP and PS3. It will include an OVA episode! The PSP game will come with a DVD, while the PS3 game will come with a Blu-ray.

Trailer for game + OVA here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh8TsNX_tbU
Looks . . . kinda enjoyable.
Accel World 11 (and like... half of 10)

Damnit AnimeGAF you broke me. I could've watched something on my backlog or did something worthwhile with my time but nooooooo I just had to see what the fuss was about.
Look what Summer has done to us. I would normally blame the lack of good shows to watch but actually I've still got a fair amount of new episodes to watch every week.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not answering that because it's all your fault and right now all I can think of is the time when the girl tells her fucked-up lover that her fetish is to imagine herself getting spanked as a young child by her father so he strips her and beats her before fucking her in the ass as she pleads with him to stop but it's all okay because IT'S LOVE AND SHE'LL STAY WITH HIM AND SAVE HIMFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Sounds like the perfect show for winter noitaminA!

duckroll

Look what Summer has done to us. I would normally blame the lack of good shows to watch but actually I've still got a fair amount of new episodes to watch every week.

I'm not taking responsibility for this, at least half of this is also dresden's fault!

Soma

I'm blaming all of AnimeGAF

even those who haven't even watched the show

:mad:

edit - okay i kinda blame myself a little bit too

Jex

South Park already did that with Cartman:

0sfOj.jpg

Not really. I mean, notice how Cartman's face actually has fat on it, he's got a double chin and a goofy smile.

Cartman-kun from Accel World has a perfectly smooth and round face with no blemishes, he doesn't have a double chin either.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I'm still holding fast against the Accel World peer pressure. Reading about everyone else's suffering in trying to make it to the good parts is better entertainment than anything that the actual show could provide.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not really. I mean, notice how Cartman's face actually has fat on it, he's got a double chin and a goofy smile.

Cartman-kun from Accel World has a perfectly smooth and round face with no blemishes, he doesn't have a double chin either.
Yeah, but South Park Cartman is still "cute" because of the art style.

I'm still holding fast against the Accel World peer pressure. Reading about everyone else's suffering in trying to make it to the good parts is better entertainment than anything that the actual show could provide.
The fact that people are skipping too the action scenes tells me enough about the show already. lol

Not answering that because it's all your fault and right now all I can think of is the time when the girl tells her fucked-up lover that her fetish is to imagine herself getting spanked as a young child by her father so he strips her and beats her before fucking her in the ass as she pleads with him to stop but it's all okay because IT'S LOVE AND SHE'LL STAY WITH HIM AND SAVE HIMFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
What the what.
Sounds like the perfect show for winter noitaminA!
:| Oh wait, is that when the crappier shows usually air?

Dresden

What the what.
It's cool though because after an entire novel's worth of this shit the girl finally snaps out... actually, wait, no, the guy leaves HER.

And then she goes and fucks the friendzoned friend (whose best friend turned out to be gay on their eurotrip, which got awkward because he sucked his dick one drunken night) who's been helplessly in love with her, BUT he figures out that it's probably not a good idea so he leaves her too.

So after an entire fucking novel the girl never learns ANYTHING except random lines quoted out of fucking BARTHES.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm waiting for the body pillows before I decide.
Amerime doesn't have the creepy otaku fanbase though. :(

What the what.
:|
It's a book from a Pulitzer Prize winner, so it's really just a vivid deconstruction of human relationships and so forth.

It's cool though because after an entire novel's worth of this shit the girl finally snaps out... actually, wait, no, the guy leaves HER.

And then she goes and fucks the friendzoned friend (whose best friend turned out to be gay on their eurotrip, which got awkward because he sucked his dick one drunken night) who's been helplessly in love with her, BUT he figures out that it's probably not a good idea so he leaves her too.

So after an entire fucking novel the girl never learns ANYTHING except random lines quoted out of fucking BARTHES.
That's what college-educated people were like in the 80s man!

That sounds hilarious.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

To be fair, no one in anime has blemishes.

7Th

Yo man, there's been female saints since the 18th century! Hell, the ones in that are a hell of a lot more useful than modern and Umakoshi saints.

You realize that Yuzuriha never won a single fight, right? Yuna has done more in 14 episodes of Omega than Yuzuriha did in all of the Lost Canvas anime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking of Precure, the newest crossover movie is shit, but the throwaway movie character Ayumi was cute.
I still don't get how they can fuck these movies up. You'd think franchise crossover movies would be the easiest things to write/produce.

7Th

I still don't get how they can fuck these movies up. You'd think franchise crossover movies would be the easiest things to write/produce.

They somehow always give the DX movies a really low budget because they know they're going to sell no matter what.
Also: this time around nobody other than the Suites and the Smiles did anything relevant before the final 10 minutes of the movie. Fuck the Suites.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They somehow always give the DX movies a really low budget because they know they're going to sell no matter what.
Also: this time around nobody other than the Suites and the Smiles did anything relevant before the final 10 minutes of the movie. Fuck the Suites.
I guess that makes sense since they're the most recent. God damn though... even if they're cash in movies, they could at least make them good!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The Doctor Who crossover episodes are some of the worst in the entire run. It's difficult to give every character due weight when everybody is trying to steal the show from one another.

Crossovers really only work in video games.

7Th

I guess that makes sense since they're the most recent. God damn though... even if they're cash in movies, they could at least make them good!

Someone in 2ch posted a heartbreaking anecdote of a disappointed little girl asking her father
"Daddy, why didn't Honoka-chan(Cure White) say anything?"

That's right,
the pre-Fresh Cures don't even get to talk!

firehawk12

Subete no aware

madp

The Light of El Cantare
4758-690301509i2koy.png

best fat anime character?

Nah. This is best:

Hey, man, don't speak ill of Hibiki. It's not her fault that she got trapped in a terrible show with a terrible cast.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Someone in 2ch posted a heartbreaking anecdote of a disappointed little girl asking her father
"Daddy, why didn't Honoka-chan(Cure White) say anything?"

That's right,
the pre-Fresh Cures don't even get to talk!

They should really just retire characters that they're not going to implement in any significant way. Futari wa Pretty Cure aired ~10 years ago, most of the viewer base wasn't even born then. I imagine that that girl is probably in the minority for even knowing who
Honoka/Cure White
is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom