• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Although I have no idea how they're going to cover all of the Reindeer stuff in one episode for ep3. Everything is going to be rushed as fuck.

They have 26 episodes to cover 10 volumes of LN. Assuming they will try. They might not bother if they think it will sell well enough to warrant a second series.

One day you're really going to have to sit down with Accel World.

Oh god, what am I suggesting to people?

He skips action scenes, remember? That means the plot will have to interest him which is just "fighting MMOs are srs business", so yeah...

Edit: Fuck, it is late, I didn't even realize the intent of your post. NM!

Soma

I thought making the dude short and fat was a response to the shittiness of the SAO main character though?

McT7p.jpg

fertygo

The SAO guy is extra pathetic.

Agree, not talking about that though.. the words got throw around like 99% of anime chara not doing everything wrong. 1/2 chara that can't do no wrong isn't bad to see at this point. I would rather like if found true Gary Stu in anime than not.

Jex

I thought making the dude short and fat was a response to the shittiness of the SAO main character though?

I don't entirely buy that. The vast majority of males in anime are shitty so I find it hard to believe that anyone actually complained about it enough to make the creator respond.

/XX/

Can anyone else in this thread think of any examples where a company released episodes via webstreaming only (as companion to their broadcast show)?
Does the ones from SEED C.E.73-STARGAZER- count? Maybe some other from the Bandai Channel as well, they were pushing for this kind of things early on.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Agree, not talking about that though.. the words got throw around like 99% of anime chara not doing everything wrong. 1/2 chara that can't do no wrong isn't bad to see at this point. I would rather like if found true Gary Stu in anime than not.
Well, kids shows have characters like this all the time. Gintoki and the cast of Precure are perfect, for example. They just don't give off the whiff of desperation in their perfection.

I don't entirely buy that. The vast majority of males in anime are shitty so I find it hard to believe that anyone actually complained about it enough to make the creator respond.
That was what Dresden told me any way.

I find it hard to believe that the Accel World guy could be any more shitty than the SAO guy though. Maybe if the Accel World guy had a giant penis and is secretly a child genius billionaire who is simply misunderstood because he likes to play games.

Dresden

firehawk12 said:
That was what Dresden told me any way.
He's a pretty self-aware guy. The problem is that, like meth addicts, he can't help himself.

See: author's note:

"Furthermore, I am sorry for another new heroine appearing, I am truly sorry. I believe that everyone too is gradually sensing the unpleasant trend..."

There is confirmation for this? or just based from what we seeing in Accel World?

Looking at the amount of content vs. airtime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
He's a pretty self-aware guy. The problem is that, like meth addicts, he can't help himself.

"Furthermore, I am sorry for another new heroine appearing, I am truly sorry. I believe that everyone too is gradually sensing the unpleasant trend..."

Man. Dude is Walter, breaking bad by going deeper and deeper into the shithole that is pleasing the sad, pathetic, otaku audience.

Maybe that's what romance writers feel like after writing their 50th "hot guy fucks bored middle-aged woman" novel.

That's kind of hilarious.

Jex

He sounds disgusted with himself as a creator. I guess he's like the real life version of Cartman-kun.

Branduil

Maybe he really is the main character in Accel World.

Dresden

Also remember that Call of Duty is to blame.

"And as the title implies, FPS is a game genre that normally allows the main character (=player) to wield a gun through a first-person view and play. It originated from America, so right now, no matter whether it's the number of games or the number of players, Americans form the majority. But when fighting online in a player vs. battle, there would be . . . situations while I'm still rushing forward at full speed, I'll hear a bang from afar, and then there's bleeding from between my eyebrows and I died, or that in close ranged combat, I already got an assault rifle and am shooting recklessly, but the enemy is closing in on me, dodging left and right, and then using the knife to kill me easily."

MW2_commando_perk.gif

/XX/

He's addicted to wish fulfillment?
If it is his own wishes he is fulfilling I think that is rather laudable to stick with what he wants even under pressure while showing his respect for the fans, but if he is doing that to please a sector of his audience... not so much. This could go both ways, I think.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Did the
pee
put you off? lol

I didn't even get that far in the episode, the girl had snuck into his room was all "should I kill him or not" and then she (of course) remembers that he's not actually bad or something and then he starts sleep stripping her while she pretends to be his little sister and I thought, "this is really a waste of my time and I could be watching something much better".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I didn't even get that far in the episode, the girl had snuck into his room was all "should I kill him or not" and then she (of course) remembers that he's not actually bad or something and then he starts sleep stripping her while she pretends to be his little sister and I thought, "this is really a waste of my time and I could be watching something much better".
Yup. Fuck Anime. :(

Also remember that Call of Duty is to blame.

"And as the title implies, FPS is a game genre that normally allows the main character (=player) to wield a gun through a first-person view and play. It originated from America, so right now, no matter whether it's the number of games or the number of players, Americans form the majority. But when fighting online in a player vs. battle, there would be . . . situations while I'm still rushing forward at full speed, I'll hear a bang from afar, and then there's bleeding from between my eyebrows and I died, or that in close ranged combat, I already got an assault rifle and am shooting recklessly, but the enemy is closing in on me, dodging left and right, and then using the knife to kill me easily."

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/groups/1/5/4739/thumb_620x2000/MW2_commando_perk.gif
Is this like that other guy who can't finish his manga because he plays too much Idolmaster?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What's good about obesity?
Nothing, but that doesn't mean people should be alienated from overweight or obese individuals. It's a very shallow way of perceiving others.

edit: off-topic, but why do people use the auxiliary "would" and a verb in infinitive form instead of using the past participle tense of the verb when formulating a sentence in subjunctive mood?

it's late and i'm picky

Jex

Is this like that other guy who can't finish his manga because he plays too much Idolmaster?

He can't finish Berserk because he doesn't know what he's doing with the story, Idolm@ster is just an excuse! Why else would you suddenly write a flashback after ten years?

Dresden

If it is his own wishes he is fulfilling I think that is rather laudable to stick with what he wants even under pressure while showing his respect for the fans, but if he is doing that to please a sector of his audience... not so much. This could go both ways, I think.

Probably the latter, I think. Here's the rest of it:

"...however, after thinking about it, Accel World is like that too. It's not that I was particularly aiming to write like that. Without the ability to write a sculptured group of multi-viewpoints, the number of female character increased and inevitably, without exception, they form a connection with the main character.

...I am sorry, perhaps, it's because around 40% simply likes that stuff...
"

firehawk12

Subete no aware

"...however, after thinking about it, Accel World is like that too. It's not that I was particularly aiming to write like that. Without the ability to write a sculptured group of multi-viewpoints, the number of female character increased and inevitably, without exception, they form a connection with the main character.

"
More like 100%. I almost feel bad for him. Maybe he has like 10 kids and writing this shit is the only way he can support them. :(

Truly, the Chris Carter of mangas.
X-files had a better ending than Lost at least.

Branduil

He can't finish Berserk because he doesn't know what he's doing with the story, Idolm@ster is just an excuse! Why else would you suddenly write a flashback after ten years?

You know, there are benefits to making a prequel, or a story where the ending is already known. It forces you to actually work towards that pre-established goal instead of just screwing around.

Every American TV writer ever: "Let's do a Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Christmas episode in November. Every year!"
I don't mind holiday episodes at all, since they can serve a good purpose unlike cultural festival episodes. :|

"
Platonic relationships, how do they work?

/XX/

"
THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom