• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Probably the latter, I think. Here's the rest of it:

"...however, after thinking about it, Accel World is like that too. It's not that I was particularly aiming to write like that. Without the ability to write a sculptured group of multi-viewpoints, the number of female character increased and inevitably, without exception, they form a connection with the main character.

...I am sorry, perhaps, it's because around 40% simply likes that stuff...
"

Huh, I've never heard of a hack with self-awareness before.

BluWacky

edit: off-topic, but why do people use the auxiliary "would" and a verb in infinitive form instead of using the past participle tense of the verb when formulating a sentence in subjunctive mood?

it's late and i'm picky

Give us an example of what you mean - as in "If I were a rich man, I would buy a house" where you're taking "buy" as the infinitive? I can't think how you would use the past participle of "having bought" there.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
☆Jinrui 1☆

Girl mediates between humans and 'little people' aka faeries? Jinrui confirmed as anime adaptation of Murakami's 1Q84.

wonzo

Banned
gary stu online 1
sao1.jpg

well, while the premise of this show is really fucking dumb at least it's nice to watch thanks to the great visuals and nice animation

vall03

Another week, been busy but still got some time to watch and heres my opinion on the rest of the new shows this season.

Kokoro Connect - Body transfers! this kind of concept is usually done in one episode, wonder how they will pull this off every single time

Sword Art Online - Im a fan of this kind of fantasy stuff, expecting a lot from this show.

Horizon S2 - Never been a big fan of Horizon but I must say Im always entertained with the show

Oda Nobuna no Yabou - Yet another Sengoku anime and lolis, lolis everywhere!

Joshiraku - Girls talking about random stuff. Hopefully, it gets better.

Rinne no Lagrange S2 - Same with Horizon, never a fan of the first one but Im enjoying the show at least.

Dog Days S2 - One of the reasons I liked the first one is because of the how light-hearted the show is. Can't wait how this will go with three countries going to war.

Moyashimon Returns - I decided to watch the first one and liked it. All those scientific terms are quite interesting to be honest. A bit disappointed with the new art though and fuck, Yuuki looks more like a girl now compared to last one.

Anyway, is there even a show that I missed?

Defuser

"Furthermore, I am sorry for another new heroine appearing, I am truly sorry. I believe that everyone too is gradually sensing the unpleasant trend..."

He's just keeping up with the game. Look at Kazuma Kamachi author of the Index and Railgun, shitload of female characters and love interests. And this guy is a beast too, over 10 years he have written 22 Index volumes, 2 Index short stories, 4 Index New testaments, 4 collections of Index/railgun short stories and 2 psp games.

Currently right now he's writing :

The next Index New Testament book 5
Heavy Object - a new novel series over 6 volumes so far
Zarashi Warashi - another new novel series
Monthly Railgun Manga
Another new Index/Railgun psp game
Index movie.

This guy can give Nishio a run for his money in terms in of churning out content.

Jintor

I went to an anime con. It was fun, but Australian cosplay is mostly not fantastic. Still, afterwards I played DDR with a spanish girl and then we all went to Karaoke, so that was fun.

Also, someone told me there is an anime that translates roughly to "I don't have any friends". Is this true, and is it related to "It's not my fault I'm not popular"?

OceanBlue

Also, someone told me there is an anime that translates roughly to "I don't have any friends". Is this true, and is it related to "It's not my fault I'm not popular"?

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, probably. I don't know what the other thing is, but I don't think it's related.

Heroman 12 - 13
tumblr_m75iluxdZV1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I want Roulette back and Calling...Regardless the date joey and follow him episode was pretty hilarious, if only for his reactions, and Beach! Wheras 13 was pretty intense
on the run with Psy and Denton, which I hope they manage to stick together. I cant believe the US is framing him and saying he is working with Skrugg who was defeated, do they really think Skrugg is still around and Heroman has been helping with reconstruction, pretty baffling to target an ally. Dr. Minami and his 3D glasses wearing cool friend...I hope they rise beyond just being joke characters...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I BAD everything so my "or maybe not" is a good sign. It actually does look legitimately good though, and excited for Jojos.

I don't imagine Robotic;Notes being too good though.

All I feel for all the characters in Accel World is disdain and scorn. Well, Yuniko at least is cute in her bitchiness.

Really, not even feeling like supporting and such for Taku, he seems to be the one going through the most stuff. Sometimes I dont like Haru, well when he goes on to all those weird monologues about imagining Kuroyukihime in all these outfits doing stuff, or being into his cousin, etc...

Chocolate 02
tumblr_m73jirKzMt1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Not a bad episode. Besides meeting everyone not in the club yet again, the male lead isn't terrible.

It's back to normal high school antics, so more electric car murders or expensive student council meetings.

Yeah, average, but not terrible, so yay?

somehow when i posted that image to tumblr yesterday morning it apparently blew up in notes to over 800, dont see what people who didnt watch the anime saaw in it, but it was hilarious. And he is so hilarious.
tumblr_m73yk6cN6t1r90cnso1_500.jpg

tumblr_m74ztqqmFb1qzk4cro2_500.png

tumblr_m73yk6cN6t1r90cnso2_500.jpg

wonzo

Banned
I BAD everything so my "or maybe not" is a good sign. It actually does look legitimately good though, and excited for Jojos.

I don't imagine Robotic;Notes being too good though.
robotic;notes has a chance considering white fox won't have an opportunity to take a shit on it but then again the source material itself might just be really crappy so who knows???

fertygo

How much we can dream Deadhouse,(at least new HxH turned being decent n consistent as long running show) Sunrise, or Trigger got their hand on JoJo anime? ;_;

duckroll

How much we can dream Deadhouse,(at least new HxH turned being decent n consistent as long running show) Sunrise, or Trigger got their hand on JoJo anime? ;_;

Deadhouse - It would have to be a NTV series. If that's the case I imagine they would have announced it by now, instead of keeping it vague. They would want the publicity.

Sunrise - They seem too busy these days to support a long series. I can't really think of good Sunrise studios who would be free to do something like that.

Trigger - ??????????????????

fertygo

Deadhouse - It would have to be a NTV series. If that's the case I imagine they would have announced it by now, instead of keeping it vague. They would want the publicity.

Sunrise - They seem too busy these days to support a long series. I can't really think of good Sunrise studios who would be free to do something like that.

Trigger - ??????????????????

Its Pierrot and some korean studios then ;__; *still happy*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom