• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saki 23

The yuri, the mahjong. The:

yum.jpg

Twin tails

SoL stuff next eps, then finish, than pic dramas, than side A, than AO catch up.

phew~

sleepykyo

Accel World - 03

Nice to know that Black Lotus was a badass
when she was a King. Totally expect her to betray the MC when the time comes. I'm hoping for it.

You know that isn't how things go. Anime tends to use WWE logic where bad guys are horrible for doing such and such, but it is ok for faces to do it.

BluWacky

Finished off Kids on the Slope today (instead of listening to Marble again).

This was far more "slice of life" then I was expecting, I guess. In some ways it never really went anywhere; we just had stuff happen, and lots of it involved music.

There's not much I can add that hasn't already been said - the way it tore through the manga didn't leave some plotlines enough breathing room, and I could have done with just a little more after the ending to satisfy me - but aside from that there's little to fault with the show if you enjoy this kind of thing.

Even if Mappa never make anything interesting again, at least we got this out of them.

Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai 2

This show animates way better than it has any right to imo. I do love the henshin sequences. Sexy, elegant, quick.

Some impressive element work as well, fairy tail could learn a thing or two :/

No 'kingdom' for 2-3 days? I didn't know this show was horror!

iavi

I come bearing gifts - or to be specific: Steam copies of"Ys: The Oath in Felghana", and "Ys: Origin"

I was going to just toss them in here and say 'quote to win,' but that's some boring bs, so; a game.

Guess not only the show, but the ep title from I'm describing from the cryptic description I give. That may sound kind of hard, but given that many of you probably know the things I've raved about before and will be choosing from, it's ain't all that bad...at all.

The first winner gets his/her one choice. After, I'll give another note. Gotta spread the love a bit.

1. By the riverside stood she concerned about a he who was awake while another awkwardly did all he could to console her.

*And to note, if you already have one/all of them, let someone else get it.

Ultimadrago

I come bearing gifts - or to be specific: "Steam copies of Ys: The Oath in Felghana", and "Ys: Origin"

I was going to just toss them in here and say 'quote to win,' but that's some boring bs, so; a game.

Guess not only the show, but the ep title from I'm describing from the cryptic description I give. That may sound kind of hard, but given that many of you probably know the things I've raved about before and will be choosing from, it's ain't all that bad...at all.

The first winner gets his/her one choice. After, I'll give another note. Gotta spread the love a bit.

1. By the riverside stood she concerned about a he who was awake while another awkwardly did all he could to console her.

Samurai Champloo Episode 24?

Title: Evanescent Encounter (Part 1)

sleepykyo

Currently watching SAO ep.1. For some reason Battle Royale popped into my head and I'm thinking the whole SAO is kind of anti-otaku mechanism.

iavi

Samurai Champloo Episode 24?

Title: Evanescent Encounter

Ding. Ding. Simple, right? ( I was wondering when you'd finally hit that edit that got it.)

Tell me which one you want, then friend me on Steam, since I don't think I have you.

----

The second is -

She wants the cream. They found a bond while the others wanted blood, and to party.

Tis doesn't have an ep title (hint hint) so just mention the name and it's yours.

Shining Hearts Bread of Happiness 12 (end)
tumblr_m75v48TqsT1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Rick was pretty impressive all throughout. I loved how the series was action oriented at times but made sure it didn't forget its roots. Rick's personal journey and finding himself was my favorite part and I loved how diverse he was in roles, head baker at Le Couers for Madara to chasing thieves or even fighting baddies, he was great in them all. It was a long journey and he lost his way but when he found himself his bread finally shone brightly again, making me happy. I will miss Le Couers.

Ep 12 plot
Loved the lasers and explosions, as well as Ricks dashing sword attack, stunning. I also loved the OP playing there and his little conversation post battle with Kaguya and decision to stay and just make people happy. Nice solid ending.

tumblr_m75v48TqsT1qbxqfpo2_500.png

8 / 10 for the only real criticism was that the three girls really didnt do anything memorable and kind of took away lots of attention away from Rick (really they didnt let him go to the lake with them, what even?). Even the princess at the castle did more than they. However, they were nice assets for ED material as well as giving the welcome to Le Couers.

Lets hope JoJo episode one lives up to expectations otherwise it will be cancelled faster than Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu.

It doesn't even get good until part 2 though.

Kou Yoshinari is now working on garbage like Dog Days S2. It truly is the Great Moe Accident. :(

Dog Dads is awesome though!

I come bearing gifts - or to be specific: Steam copies of"Ys: The Oath in Felghana", and "Ys: Origin"

NOOOOOOOO! YOU ESCAPED THIS MADNESS! Why did you come back!? Now you will be trapped with us forever!

Welcome back though. Where the hell have you been?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ding. Ding. Simple, right? ( I was wondering when you'd finally hit that edit that got it.)

Tell me which one you want, then friend me on Steam, since I don't think I have you.

----

The second is -

She wants the cream. They found a bond while the others wanted blood, and to party.

Tis doesn't have an ep title (hint hint) so just mention the name and it's yours.

Amazing Nuts! Global Astroliner

?

Jex

I somehow missed this question some days ago. Sorry, Jexhius:

In part, yes. As a beginning, from the most ridiculous, upfront or crazy concepts can be developed engaging results with dedication, in my opinion.

Sometimes the possibility of thinking outside-the-box or being sincere about an external requirement to better affront it and work on it (knowing from the beginning what is needed) can be more direct and fresh than trying to transmit your ideas and convey a concept unnecessarily cryptic, or too "baked". Superficial and simple ideas are better expressed as is for your colleagues to catch the drift more easily, equal to a shallow starting point. That is the impression it gives me when certain staff talk about things like rough character drafts.
This is a blast from the past, and I broadly agree.

StayDead

Saw the second episode of Yuru Yuri today, so good. Himawari <333

EDIT: Also new Kaminomi OVA? Get the heck in! I just finished reading up until the start of volume 17 (waiting for it to come out to read the rest) and anime covering the goddess arc would be awesome. I hope they get the Haqua/Tenri tension in the anime right. <3

duckroll

Not sure if anyone is following the Marvel TV panel at SDCC right now, but they're screening an upcoming episode of the new Spiderman cartoon on Disney XD, and it's Spider-Ham. Fucking awesome. :)

Fate/Zero 23:
Bosses being bosses.
Rider's final charge was amazing, and Waver's development really came out amazing in this episode. He's definitely come really far in this series. The brutal way Rider met his end was unsettling, and very well executed.
The dichotomy of Rider and Gilgamesh was never better than here.

We also get our regular reminder that being Kariya is suffering.
That scene where Sakura asks if she'll get to see her mother again is just a swift punch to the balls.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Whoa, it's been ages! Hollah!

I don't think there's any yuri left for me to watch.
Did 7th tell you to watch Mai Mai Miracle yet? lol

Kokoro Connect 2
tumblr_m75x0iF72d1qcsnnso1_500.gif

Two pee moments in two anime this week, these anime are really getting two me...Anyway, ignoring that, I think it took a pretty interesting turn. Personality swapping is always interesting and Im either laughing or chuckling at it.
The Mr. Go -> Heartseed stuff was intense, though I wonder who is ahead of him or if someone else is behind this little observation operation? Im glad it didnt get way more serious then that. Though in the lives of the characters I imagine there may be something going on, considering Iori seems to be all alone and the other Yui doesnt like her like that, etc.

Hopefully we get more moments with Aoki and Taichi
or in this case Nagase

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Are you still thinking about that biscuits and tea while in costume thing...for an hour and a half?

Why am I asking?

Oh, was just wonderin'.

I believe part of the condition was someone else had to buy the costume.

Oh and some other members of UK Anime GAF had to join in.

iavi

Amazing Nuts! Global Astroliner

?

Yessir. I don't think I have you on Steam either, so add and Oath is yours. I'll shoot it to you as soon as I get home.

And hey, guys. It has been a good second hasn't it? I haven't been chatting,( nor have I watched an anime since like the second week into last season) but figured that Id give back to a community I did have fun with, and won stuff from.

Narag

Final Fantasy VII: On the Way to a Smile - Episode: Denzel

2009 adapation of Denzel's short story from the On the Way to a Smile novel that was part of the Compilation of FFVII, I was dreading giving this a shot as Denzel was one of the most frustrating parts of Advent Children for me. It turns out this was something of a touching story that covers how Denzel's life was afflicted by events in FFVII itself and thereafter. Had I seen this before the movie, I'd have likely found him to be a much more sympathetic character. It was a nice little character piece all told.

Reeve Tuesti. I really liked the backgrounds in this OVA. This shot in particular gave an appreciable sense of scale to Midgar that I'd never really considered in the past.

Risette

A Good Citizen
It's a movie with 0% yuri about a childhood friendship. It's pretty alright though, and worth a watch if you don't mind reading the worst subtitles this side of a Hong Kong bootleg.
The subtitles are good now!

The good subs actually came from an HK DVD. Official release though.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Yessir. I don't think I have you on Steam either, so add and Oath is yours. I'll shoot it to you as soon as I get home.

And hey, guys. It has been a good second hasn't it? I haven't been chatting,( nor have I watched an anime since like the second week into last season) but figured that Id give back to a community I did have fun with, and won stuff from.

Done.

And thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom