• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I Can't H! 02
mnYei.gif

Or we ran out of budget to actually make a real OP/ED!

That wasn't bad. Fun high school antics as usual, magic powers and stuff. Childhood friend is still the best. At least she is getting to be apart of this now.

cajunator

Banned
So I Can't H! 02
mnYei.gif

Or we ran out of budget to actually make a real OP/ED!

That wasn't bad. Fun high school antics as usual, magic powers and stuff. Childhood friend is still the best. At least she is getting to be apart of this now.

What show is this? I don't recognize it.

The distance between her breasts and collarbone far exceed any of the guidelines in that picture. It's most definitely badly-drawn.

I wouldn't say it's off by very much, but I will concede to the fact it's not that well drawn anyways.
I would be shocked if you didn't.
Breasts should be though of like two soft bags hanging down from a a central point in the way that they fall along the chest area. This is all way too scientific and fun to talk about.
Boobs are fun to talk about.

Instro

Accel World 1-14

WHO WANTS TO LINK WITH ME?

This plot they are on right now is sooo dumb lol. Haru eventually getting taken over by the calamity armor is going to be dumb too.

Steroyd

Binbougami ga 01 - 02

Amusing

Jinrui 01 - 02

Brilliant

Tari Tari - 01

...Hanasaku Iroha? o_O

Koi to Senkyou to Chocolate - 01

o_O

Kokoro Connect - 01

Meh

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica - 01

Shit

So, I Can't Play H! - 01

Ecchishit

Campione! - 01

WTF is this shit!?

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - 01

Mechashit

Kono Naka Ni Hitori, Imouto Ga Iru! - 01

Haremshit

Hakuouki: Reimei-roku - 01

Samuraishit

Oda Nobuna - 01

Edoshit

Utakoi - 01

Can't be arsed with this shit.

Chitose Get You! - 01

Not touching this shit

Sword Art Online - 01

MMO shit, but at least I'm giving this 3 episodes.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - 01

NTR NTR NTR.

Dresden

Do classy things like watch MMA, obviously.

Accel World 1-14

WHO WANTS TO LINK WITH ME?

This plot they are on right now is sooo dumb lol. Haru eventually getting taken over by the calamity armor is going to be dumb too.

It's fucking dumb, but I guess they speeded through it (I can't imagine episode 14 being dragged out for three episodes, which apparently is what should have happened), thankfully. ROBOACTION soon.

cajunator

Banned
I was kind of hoping to find out other hobbies, like maybe amateur radio or fishing, or origami or something else. (those are my other hobbies actually)

Binbougami ga 01 - 02

Amusing

Jinrui 01 - 02

Brilliant

Tari Tari - 01

...Hanasaku Iroha? o_O

Koi to Senkyou to Chocolate - 01

o_O

Kokoro Connect - 01

Meh

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica - 01

Shit

So, I Can't Play H! - 01

Ecchishit

Campione! - 01

WTF is this shit!?

Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse - 01

Mechashit

Kono Naka Ni Hitori, Imouto Ga Iru! - 01

Haremshit

Hakuouki: Reimei-roku - 01

Samuraishit

Oda Nobuna - 01

Edoshit

Utakoi - 01

Can't be arsed with this shit.

Chitose Get You! - 01

Not touching this shit

Sword Art Online - 01

MMO shit, but at least I'm giving this 3 episodes.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - 01

NTR NTR NTR.

Great summaries. Blunt, but good.

Video games.
As you know, this is a video game forum, and I got into anime because of video games.

It is a games forum, but I'm getting very disenfranchised with gaming. I dont know why but I get bored with it most of the time now.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
So, what would you guys be doing if anime didn't exist? Like what other hobbies do you have?

Drawing... all day, errday.

Listening to bullshit ambient music - like, a lot.

Drinking coffee..

Drinking more coffee

(Hentai would still exist right?) Hentai.

Spending some time with my wife.

cajunator

Banned
Drawing... all day, errday.

Listening to bullshit ambient music - like, a lot.

Drinking coffee..

Drinking more coffee

(Hentai would still exist right?) Hentai.

Spending some time with my wife.

I need to get back into drawing. Remember my animegaf-tan?
You guys probably dont.
Now I actually have TIME to enjoy hobbies again though. Life is good.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I need to get back into drawing. Remember my animegaf-tan?
You guys probably dont.
Now I actually have TIME to enjoy hobbies again though. Life is good.

I remember it Cajuu!!

Glad you have some time on your hands though. Life should be enjoyed, whether one is busy or not.

It's like this cup of delicious coffee. After I'm done drinking it, I'll have another!

It is a games forum, but I'm getting very disenfranchised with gaming. I dont know why but I get bored with it most of the time now.

Oh I do sometimes as well. It's usually the summer time when I'm the most apathetic towards gaming. You know, when I have the most time to play games...

Sword Art Online 2
tumblr_m767vr6uZC1qcsnnso1_500.gif

Although it felt like we had already seen the fight (think it was actually the one in the pv's?), it was pretty alright. Kirito had all the epic moves and was really stunning.
and fortunately got the final blow! and that cool coat of midnight or whatever, that scene was just amazing when he put it on after going into serious beater mode, hope he stays that way

Unfortunately the ending song and animation is pretty dull and I already dislike Asano. Surely she can act more engaged and stronger.
how do you not access the menu at all to figure out your party members name?! and her attacks werent even as strong as his, ugh

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Why are fans doing that to Houtarou :(

can't fap to this etc etc.

The stuff in Dogs Day S2 ep2 resemble his Muvluv Alternative work the most in terms of shading and motion imo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3uvuffWLDU

Man, why are the bad shows getting some of the best animation this season? Fuck this for making me even want to touch Dog Days or Muv-Luv.

So, what would you guys be doing if anime didn't exist? Like what other hobbies do you have?

Before I got into anime, I mostly just read books and gamed. College killed my desire to read for pleasure ever again and I've done virtually no gaming since my GAF account was improved in order to increase my anime intake, so I guess I'd just be playing shit constantly.

But would JRPGs exist if there was no anime?

In their current form anyways.

Yeah, they would. They only evolved to cater to Japanese tastes, but if Japanese tastes were never influenced by anime, we'd mostly just have a lot of Western high fantasy themes in our JRPGs. We'd probably all be reading Tolkien instead of manga.

I guess I would start to clean my room

That's nothing; my entertainment area is like something out of Hoarding: Buried Alive. Mostly due to having several hundred video games in a small space.

Jarmel

Banned
Accel World 11-
This is some horrible writing and some horrible characters.
Come on son, one of this guy's special ability is to make a ditch go around in a circle. Seriously? Also it's a completely useless ability as that doesn't preclude you from walking out of a circle.

Not to mention the Stormtrooper's aiming for people in a ditch and can barely land more than a couple of hits. Jesus at one point they're literally just standing and the guys are missing.

Then we have Black Lotus who just freaks out and collapses.

Great animation though.

Soma

Sword Art Online Episode 02
ibfDrmd5rGAE0x.jpg
ibrI44iFgUh80p.jpg

Really enjoyed this episode.

As the first half mainly covered the preparations for the boss fight I really loved how indepth the show is with all the MMO mechanics. The party system, the slick UI, skills such as "switching", and little details like quests. For someone who's never played an MMO like myself, I found things like that really interesting and the way the episode implements those mechanics is really well done.

The action scene was great. Some very slick animation and camera angles. Not gonna lie, I found it better than Accel World 11 but that's probably just me.

I thought the whole thing with the stigma behind beta testers/cheaters/beaters/etc. was kinda silly but I can understand Kirito's thought process behind that whole scene by
attempting to become the scapegoat to alleviate the hatred from the rest of the beta testers, unless I'm wrong here
. I'm really digging this show so far and I hope to god the show keeps up this quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom