• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Then I'm looking forward to a very high bodycount in this show.

Well, honestly, the body count shouldn't climb drastically at this point. I mean, the people who died in the beginning were essentially stupid. Assuming that the leftover people are competent, the amount of deaths should decrease, even if the game gets harder.

Accel World x SAO

When Kuroyukihime said her name is muchlike her nickname. Immediately, I have her name in my mind.

Yuuki Hime. Since Yuuki is Asuna's lastname.

Lol, if it's true.

I've heard this theory too.
Asuna is Kuroyukihime's mother. Which makes me wonder, Asuna had such good taste in men, and then her daughter goes for fucking Cartman? What the fuck happened?

Jarmel

Banned
Well, honestly, the body count shouldn't climb drastically at this point. I mean, the people who died in the beginning were essentially stupid. Assuming that the leftover people are competent, the amount of deaths should decrease, even if the game gets harder.

You have 92 levels of completely untested material. Lord knows how much of the stuff is going to be flat out broken or damn near impossible.

I've heard this theory too.
Asuna is Kuroyukihime's mother. Which makes me wonder, Asuna had such good taste in men, and then her daughter goes for fucking Cartman? What the fuck happened?

Cartman is the best type of man. Who isn't attracted to a man who gets off on another's tears?

Firemind

You haven't played Diablo 3 on Inferno difficulty, have you?

What a horrible night for a curse.

Blood-C 1

Well, this is an introductory episode.

The exposition here is pretty silly. Everyone basically says all of Saya's personality traits out loud. "You're so clumsy, Saya! You can't help doing good things, Saya! You're so athletic, Saya!"

The fight was pretty cool, though.

I wonder if they'll find any way to make those school scenes bearable. What kind of school puts metal chains on the collar of their school uniform anyways?
ibxuC6cdropK26.gif

cajunator

Banned
I have been watching series from Yoshitoshi ABe, and now I plan to watch Last Exile from Range Murata. Can I have some suggestions to titles or artists with similar art/animation styles to these two artists' design styles? I truly enjoyed watching Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei and cannot wait to purchase these titles when the FUNi re-releases are available.

ABe also made Neia_7 and Texhnolyze in that style.
Range worked on Blue Submarine no6 and Last Exile: Fam is cute as fuck.

Defuser

That's pretty much the point.

Also, I found this to be a pretty interesting theory from somewhere else.

Accel World x SAO

When Kuroyukihime said her name is muchlike her nickname. Immediately, I have her name in my mind.

Yuuki Hime. Since Yuuki is Asuna's lastname.

Lol, if it's true.
Author already stated that both are unrelated.

All I got from gaffu was that it was about ghost yaoi. Maybe you guys did a poor job of selling it. I will add it to the list, but I have a pretty large present backlog that I would like to finish some of sometime this century, or at least get to the point where I'm not watching ten things at a time:

(watching)
Aoi Bungaku
Eureka 7 AO
Humanity Has Declined
Poyopoyopoyopoyopoyo
Requiem from the Darkness
Sailor Moon
Tsuritama
Urusei Yatsura
Vampire Princess Miyu
Windy Tales

(want to watch)
Fate/Zero
Hyouka
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure OVA
Kids on the Slope
Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid SAD VERSION
MGX
Space Brothers
Soredemo

Didn't you have Gintama on your backlog?

ABe also made Neia_7 and Texhnolyze in that style.
Range worked on Blue Submarine no6 and Last Exile: Fam is cute as fuck.

Thanks, but I know the titles that ABe and Range have worked on. I was hoping to find other artists, or anime titles in general, that have similar designs to ABe and Range artistic designs.

I have seen all of ABe's work, including the NHK novel, except for NieA_7. I am still debating on purchasing the four volumes though. I prefer titles that have serious dark tones and NieA_7 does not seem to meet the dark tones, but I would probably enjoy it for the art design at the very least.

Instro

All I got from gaffu was that it was about ghost yaoi. Maybe you guys did a poor job of selling it. I will add it to the list, but I have a pretty large present backlog that I would like to finish some of sometime this century, or at least get to the point where I'm not watching ten things at a time:

Nah, not at all. You should definitely watch it at some point, its been very good so far.

wonzo

Banned
RICK'S BREAD OF HAPPINESS 12 END

This is hands down the most soulless and vapid thing's I've ever seen. The only redeeming qualities of this show were the bread innuendo, the QUALITY, the ED and the moe catgirl robin hood in a cheongsam.

whatever, at least this show was somewhat self aware
ricksbread12d.jpg

Narag

Sword Art Online 2

What a fab way to defuse that situation by Kirito. Really njoying this still as its hitting the right buttons with me what with the fantasy & MMO tropes rolled together.

sonicmj1

STOP! DO NOT PASS GO! DO NOT COLLECT $200. Drop it now!

今日はいい天気~

Blood-C 2

I feel like the "C" stands for "cute". It's like they're trying to hit every possible moe point in the world.

XhnEb.jpg

How can you say no to this face?

Today's clunky school exposition was about the town. It's really small. I wonder why? Maybe it's because of these monsters that show up.

I wonder how many episodes will go by before Itsuki says how he feels.

Perspective was really odd in the main fight in this episode. The monster alternately seems gigangic and not much larger than Saya, and this gigantic underwater lake just kind of appears out of nowhere and then goes away.

I don't trust Fumito. He smiles too much.

From the character designs and the screenshots, it certainly looks like it's in fujoshi bait territory.

cajunator

Banned
RICK'S BREAD OF HAPPINESS 12 END

This is hands down the most soulless and vapid thing's I've ever seen. The only redeeming qualities of this show were the bread innuendo, the QUALITY, the ED and the moe catgirl robin hood in a cheongsam.

whatever, at least this show was somewhat self aware
ricksbread12d.jpg

It was all about Xiaomei

Firemind

No I have not. And I assume that this game is more balanced than Diablo III's Inferno diffiulty.

I don't know. The cloaked dungeon master seems like a sadist.

Try playing a dungeon crawler like Etrian Odyssey without dying or using revives. It's pretty tough.

wonzo

Banned
maybe we'll get a spinoff sequel about xiaomei travelling the world with HANK, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor.

i'd unironically watch that

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Nisemonogatari 1

Watched it last night. Animation and styling was stellar, but it feels like more of the same. I didn't much care for Bakemonogatari, despite enjoying its visual flair. I was just waiting for the Hachikuji skirt lifting scene. Fortunately it was pretty good, but unfortunately she didn't do the handstand. Probably gonna drop this one.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Nisemonogatari 1

Watched it last night. Animation and styling was stellar, but it feels like more of the same. I didn't much care for Bakemonogatari, despite enjoying its visual flair. I was just waiting for the Hachikuji skirt lifting scene. Fortunately it was pretty good, but unfortunately she didn't do the handstand. Probably gonna drop this one.

Going to drop because loli didn't lift skirt.

I'm calling the GAF police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom