• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Space Bros 16

http://i.minus.com/i334ScU8sGF9f.gif

The only logical conclusion I can come to is that each team has a
JAXA plant. Either they're employed by JAXA or they're failed applicants who are trying to pass the exam again and thus being manipulated by JAXA.

I think you see the old man tap out Morse code when he is doing the puzzle. at the very least, they made it obvious to make you want to believe that.

One theory would be that
everyone was given a specific task to do that no one else could know about in order to spread confusion even among those who know what is going on

Uchip

Banned
You know all that voiceover stuff you dismissed as bullshit? That was the whole point. It was all an experiment in control, and it was all there if you paid attention.

Also, the
dog is Clampverse.

really, the idea is sillier than the virtual terrorism of SOA

sonicmj1

You know all that voiceover stuff you dismissed as bullshit? That was the whole point. It was all an experiment in control, and it was all there if you paid attention.

Also, the
dog is Clampverse.

That stuff is actually a big part of
why I became suspicious of Fumito, because the voiceover is basically him talking in a lower voice (which I guess is the whole point). The whole thing is foreshadowed pretty early on, but even when I saw the signs, and said I saw the signs (I mentioned the MGS2 Selection for Societal Sanity project around Episode 7), it was still hard to really believe when it was actually unfolding.

I think those elements were all handled really well.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Red Hawk: Weapon of Death:

yuJta.jpg

Red Hawk's hair is a bird, your argument is invalid.

I don't think I've ever witnessed such a sharp decline in voice acting from the beginning of a work to its end. You can pinpoint the moment where some guy in the studio tells the VAs "we're running low on time, so the rest of this has to be done in one take!" Lots of monotone reading-off-the-page delivery and awkward cursing follows. Definitely worth watching if you like bad dubs.

Defuser

Sword Art Online ep 2
WHY DID HE REFUSED IT?!? Good god,that was dumb move.

Other than that I'm fine with the rest, love the action.

Uchip

Banned
Anyone want to do one of those forced watching an anime pacts ?

noteworthy shows I never finished:
Utena
Princess Jellyfish

or you can be horrible and give something atrocious

madp

The Light of El Cantare
But why do cats hate air conditioning?!

Because cats actually like heat as long as it's not direct sunlight. Mine sack out in the warmest part of the house all summer and even though they look miserable, they're really just chillaxin'.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Chronological order makes more sense than
going into a two-year timeskip right after the prologue
, at least. Just the point they chose to start at is worse than if they'd gone straight into Reindeer. One's about fellating Kirito as the loner hero badass. The other is about
loss.

I know. I just think the end result will be something different. Anyway, I'm going to dislike the next episode most likely. I didn't enjoy much of the SAO side stories...

Blood-C 12

I just

what

why

A part of me knew all this was coming, but I didn't actually think it would happen.
It's all an elaborate prank? Some asshole got an entire town built and lured thousands of people there to prove a point? They built a stereotypical anime plot to keep Saya docile, and used heavy-handed exposition to reinforce her artificial personality?
I saw all the signs, but there's a difference between knowing and understanding.
Though I swear I had no idea about those rabbits.

Now I want to see the movie.

Could you imagine if Mine Fujiko were more like this show?

I don't know if all of it was good, but looking back, I'm glad I experienced this.
Glad you liked it, the script is definitely more clever than it first appeared.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
They are both otaku wish fulfillment stories, seem pretty similar to me.

I kind of want to start a debate on whether or not the concept of wish fulfillment is inherently bad, but it's bedtime. I'll just address it the next time it comes up.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Bakemonogatari is wish fulfillment alright. About having the privilege to be part of Araragi's harem.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Power Brothers IN SPACE 14
holy fuuuuuuuuuuuck when did they get an actual animation budget for this?
You stupid cartoon, you aren't supposed to show the real-life hardships of balancing family life and professional work. I hate you.

This animu has surpassed my expectations. I picked it up on the basis of the bodacious-sounding title, thinking it would be a Snakes on a Plane type of romp and ended up becoming enamoured of the setting, the message, the tone, everything. I can't help but gush in praise at every single episode; I can't remember the last time an animated serial work was this consistently and competently well-made.

p.s. new op > old op and old ed > new ed

wonzo

Banned
LOGH 8

It's not often you come across an authoritarian leader so fully aware of the possibility of his impending end. What's more impressive is the incredibly poignant and ominous way in which he spelt it out to his advisor. This just keeps on getting better and better with each and every episode. It's great!

The history infodump at the beginning certainly helped explain away my confusion of the whole Space and Imperial Years measurement thanks to the movie. It also was rather short and did a great deal of spelling out why things are the way they are. If only more shows would learn from this.

I think you see the old man tap out Morse code when he is doing the puzzle. at the very least, they made it obvious to make you want to believe that.

One theory would be that
everyone was given a specific task to do that no one else could know about in order to spread confusion even among those who know what is going on
If that's the case (which I kinda doubt) then I bet it's the doctor giving out the instructions given how weird Furuya was acting after the remote check-up.

damn straight

Branduil

Blood-C 12

I just

what

why

A part of me knew all this was coming, but I didn't actually think it would happen.
It's all an elaborate prank? Some asshole got an entire town built and lured thousands of people there to prove a point? They built a stereotypical anime plot to keep Saya docile, and used heavy-handed exposition to reinforce her artificial personality?
I saw all the signs, but there's a difference between knowing and understanding.
Though I swear I had no idea about those rabbits.

Now I want to see the movie.

Could you imagine if Mine Fujiko were more like this show?

I don't know if all of it was good, but looking back, I'm glad I experienced this.

Now you can watch the trailer for the movie and get hyped for something you won't be able to see for several months.

Jex

They are both otaku wish fulfillment stories, seem pretty similar to me.

'Wish fulfilment stories' cover such a diverse body of stories and characters that it's perfectly possible for two such tales to be rather different.

Also, Bakemonogatari is actually good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom