• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
'Wish fulfilment stories' cover such a diverse body of stories and characters that it's perfectly possible for two such tales to be rather different.

Also, Bakemonogatari is actually good.

I didn't like any of the characters and I found the plot to be rather dull. -_-'''

firehawk12

Subete no aware
There you go!

They are both otaku wish fulfillment stories, seem pretty similar to me.
Even on that level, Bakemonogatari is a billion times better.

Yep.

No it isn't.
Yes it is.

If that's the case (which I kinda doubt) then I bet it's the doctor giving out the instructions given how weird Furuya was acting after the remote check-up.
Hrm, that could be an option. It didn't occur to me that would be a possibility!

Soma

No, it isn't.

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

Yes, it is.

qa3bC.jpg

Izayoi

Banned
I thought Bakemonogatari
had some cute lolis.

Lafiel x Izayoi OTP
<3

Everyone knows Nagi! She's the only one to ever reach the finals twice. And lost both of them.
;_;

Every episode should be 22 minutes of Kyouko just doing whatever.
My man. She makes the series, I think. I love her.

Improvement? Y/N
Are the original boys? If so, always yes. Unless they got less cute.

13. Almost a grandma in Izayoi terms.
Yikes, yeah. That's pushing it!

So, what would you guys be doing if anime didn't exist? Like what other hobbies do you have?
My life would consist solely of masturbating, playing games, and listening to music.

I uh, don't really know what that says about me now, but...

Jex

It's sad to see that a lot of people can't handle the truth about Bakemonogatari and it's fine cast of characters. One day you will see the light.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
ibedcgVwXcoKtx.gif

Jexhius, I trusted you.

Finally - a gif and an opinion I can unite with you on. Bakemono had the rare curse of being both a good show (technically), and having cool characters (MC aside), as well as some interesting topics and a loli snale and vampire... but I still hated it somehow through all that. Even the lesbian monkey-armed girl... she was so hot... :< Especially when they pet her monkey arm

Mature

SAO 2
That was pretty awful. The whole thing with
the guy dying
was cringe worthy. There's not a whole lot of redeeming qualities and the whole MMO shtick is already becoming a bit boring. Someone a few pages back made mention of this being some kind of rewrite for the LN? I'll keep going with it.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I realized my last comment made no sense. I've had two drinks. Two is enough to feel the buzz tonight... maybe I'll have a hthird.

Jexhius made me do it. We blame everything on him, right?? okay

Jex

Riki-oh: The Wall of Hell

Dog Soldier left me in the mood for manime and boy did this deliver. It's a 48 minute 1989 adaptation of the manga which also spawned the infamous live action movie. The OVA follows the same prison story as the live action version but it's distinctly different. It's a little less crazy than the live action (which is still pretty damn crazy given the set bar) and lacks the comedic elements. It's a straightforward tale of revenge and people getting their shit wrecked. I'm going to assume it was appropriately shortened as only two of the prison wing bosses were present rather than jamming everyone in (I say this assuming the movie is a closer adaptation).

Oddly enough, yes. This is one of those cases where the live-action adaptation of a manga is slightly more faithful than the anime adaptation. They even kept in the x-ray skull-crack for the movie!

Uchip

Banned
Only shounen where something like that happens would be Bobobo. Bakemono on the other hand is proof that Nisio is not a good writer when he isn't jizzing over Jojo and doing shounen commentary.

during every shounen in existence they will have a cut away explanation of an attack, taking you out of the action unnecessarily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom