• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAO 2
That was pretty awful. The whole thing with
the guy dying
was cringe worthy. There's not a whole lot of redeeming qualities and the whole MMO shtick is already becoming a bit boring. Someone a few pages back made mention of this being some kind of rewrite for the LN? I'll keep going with it.

The content of episode 2 was a side story written a long time after the original LN started publication, itself a printed version of a web novel first posted in 2002.

In the original LN
the stuff in episode 1 happens then the story skips forward 2 years to when they are all on the 74th floor of the tower.

I don't troll because I don't find it to be productive.

I don't troll because I don't find it to be productive.
ij1LtVJQO5yFi.gif

Open endings are usually crap.

I disagree. I generally prefer open endings to endings which try to wrap everything up neatly. Of course, there are plenty of shitty open endings as well, but I usually prefer an ending to leave some things open.

All I got from gaffu was that it was about ghost yaoi. Maybe you guys did a poor job of selling it. I will add it to the list, but I have a pretty large present backlog that I would like to finish some of sometime this century, or at least get to the point where I'm not watching ten things at a time:

Natsuyuki Rendezvous really is completely worth watching. It really commands attention.

And I completely understand on the backlog matter. My own anime backlog just keeps growing.

Everything with a female character is moeshit. Everything with a male character is fujoushibaitish. You can't win!

I think this is the anti-life equation.

This is the kind of high-quality discourse I read animeGAF for.

I really enjoy the counter-points raised by both sides.

Uchip

Banned
Exposition is important! We must know everything!

I like it more when they use "that move"

I don't even know what to think about that
but let me know what you decide on :p

Some do, but that's not the WHOLE POINT of the series. Well, maybe Yakitate Japan, but that's not really battle shounen.

Yakitate Japan was fun though
stupid expositions in shounen ruin all the fun
it works for manga I suppose

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The one time Haly should be posting in here to denfend Bakemonogatari and he's probably getting dumpstered on DOTA2 instead...

Jex

LoGH 7

Anyway, it was fairly obvious that large parts of this episode had been redrawn digitally as shown above. I don't know if this is because there were budgetary issues with this episode when it was originally produced but it looked "cleaner" than usual and I wouldn't have minded if not for the switching between the old cell work and the redrawn stuff. I don't have the LaserDisc version on hand so I can't really compare it with the original but maybe someone more familiar with the series could weigh in on this.

All I know is that I have no intention of watching the show with the redrawn art assets. I hate it when stuff clashes on screen and the immersion of the world breaks down, which is my problem with stuff like bad CG cars.

Bleach 262

So booby lady's cat sword falls in love with a bishonen and things end tragically or something.

Average fall in love with a guy and have nothing important happen at the end story story.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Let's Go to Space, Brother! 16
This section was so relaxing. chirp chirp~ But why would they use tapes when this was supposed to have happened around 2006 going from the Zidane headbutt flashback?

Re: the mystery: my guess:
Fukuda-san was one of the extra members who weren't part of the original eight that passed the test, and all of them are actually JAXA infiltrators who are in the teams to purposefully create strife within the group. Though where that leaves Fukuda-san's space dreams is another issue...

Also, don't worry Serika-chan, I would live on love alone if it were for you. <3

The people demand evidence.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38241042&postcount=1439
Haly said:
Generally speaking, most stories like this are trash. And if you think DMW accomplished what it set out to do, then the only logical conclusion is that it set out to be trash.

I'm not saying you can't enjoy it. For example, I enjoy the -monogatari series even though I know it's trash. Saying it's anything else is being intellectually dishonest. Ditto for DMW.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Jesus christ Haly, you wouldn't know how to root for a team even of they payed you.

Hypocrite.

Get good kid.

Narag

I noted earlier I thought that Red Hawk lifted elements from other shows. Initially I thought it was just some sort of homage but nope, one fight in particular stood out to me and changed my opinion because as I was watching it, I realized I'd seen it before. It was the Ryu vs Sagat intro from the Street Fighter II movie that came out in '94. Given this was released a year later, I think it's safe to say it was ripped off. I even saw elements that reminded me of Dragonball Z and Fist of the North Star but I'd need to be a little more intimately familiar with those shows to actually spot from where stuff was lifted if at all.

And if that's not enough to convince someone, here's this:
ibfc0LCrXfhVls.gif

ibcjJ0y8IrKXq7.gif

Girls Bravo 6
41apH.png

So that's why it's called Girls Bravo.
This episode is like one of those like Pikachu's Goodbye where they make it seem like this is the end, but it's so obvious that it isn't. Not only that, a new girl is introduced at the very end of the episode. Hopefully the next episode is back to form.
ifvDt.png

Forced-laugh moe~

cajunator

Banned
Girls Bravo 6

This episode is like one of those like Pikachu's Goodbye where they make it seem like this is the end, but it's so obvious that it isn't. Not only that, a new girl is introduced at the very end of the episode. Hopefully the next episode is back to form.

Every time I think of this show I think of the banana scene.
I have literally forgotten everything else about the show.

wonzo

Banned
if only all OP's could be as good as Yoiko's

I noted earlier I thought that Red Hawk lifted elements from other shows. Initially I thought it was just some sort of homage but nope, one fight in particular stood out to me and changed my opinion because as I was watching it, I realized I'd seen it before. It was the Ryu vs Sagat intro from the Street Fighter II movie that came out in '94. Given this was released a year later, I think it's safe to say it was ripped off. I even saw elements that reminded me of Dragonball Z and Fist of the North Star but I'd need to be a little more intimately familiar with those shows to actually spot from where stuff was lifted if at all.

And if that's not enough to convince someone, here's this:
ibfc0LCrXfhVls.gif

ibcjJ0y8IrKXq7.gif
oh my. that's so amazingly blatant

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
LOGH 8

It's not often you come across an authoritarian leader so fully aware of the possibility of his impending end. What's more impressive is the incredibly poignant and ominous way in which he spelt it out to his advisor. This just keeps on getting better and better with each and every episode. It's great!

The history infodump at the beginning certainly helped explain away my confusion of the whole Space and Imperial Years measurement thanks to the movie. It also was rather short and did a great deal of spelling out why things are the way they are. If only more shows would learn from this.
Hell yeah. You are going to love the fuck out of this show.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Okay I guess this is Halygate up in here.

I stand by what I said, there's no shame in enjoying trash.

"The courage to revel in garbage."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom