• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

I liked Nabari's art. It reminded me of Loveless, which none of you will have watched because eeew yaoi but was visually much more interesting than I was expecting, particularly the fight scenes.

Nabari's story... ehhh, not sure.

Sadly I did watch Nabari. The art was indeed nice but I couldn't stand anything else.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Space Bothers 16
It's like Big Brother but good.

Sword Art Online
Wait, I thought we were meant to be seeing the real faces now. Why do half of them still look like an RPG avatar? And "beater" has to be a worst way to call someone a "wanker". He even took pride in this fact. The most mild mannered MMO of all time. And not even a Leroy Jenkins reference.

K-On Connect
A bit better than last time. Couldn't help but feel if this was set in a British all boys school the show wouldn't have already ended after
they bundled and stomped the alien lifeforce into submission. No fancy kung-fu can dodge a group of boys just pushing you into the ground.
No surprise that the computer buff is the best character.

Uchip

Banned
Sword Art Online
Wait, I thought we were meant to be seeing the real faces now. Why do half of them still look like an RPG avatar? And "beater" has to be a worst way to call someone a "wanker". He even took pride in this fact. The most mild mannered MMO of all time. And not even a Leroy Jenkins reference.

My thoughts exactly
I guess seeing each other in real time would make you reconsider flinging insults around
but man, there are more anime tropes than mmo tropes as of right now

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
ig6C2AgVLR3o9.gif
Surprised I never commented on this Union Flag appearance. Who knew that they had such a fetish for a lovely little flag.

Well, I can kind of understand why dudebros stay the fuck away from this thread.
The system is working!

Sword Art Online 2

Well that was dumb.

They introduced a character and offed him within fifteen minutes. Ignoring that I don't really care about the guy, I don't know why he didn't just take the potion Kirito offered. Is he stupid?

I agree. Should have just forced him to have the potion even he he had to break it over his head and let the juices flow. Not even taking advantage of the Mother scrolling HP system. (but it's nice to see that system get some love)

wonzo

Banned
If only the Dark Kingdom realized how insane their market penetration is.
It's rather well done commentary on our modern day consumerist culture. Impressive for a kids show.
Status effect, man, status effect.
I can understand that and all but there's just gotta be something more to it than being a fog generator. Maybe... it doubles up as a human fire sprinkler!?!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It increases miss chance by 50%.

Anyone who's played Pokemon knows miss chance moves are nothing to sneeze at.

Especially when combined with plot armor.

Campione 2

that op makes me sad. a 2 person romance that could literally take on the gods could work. But I can see half the show filled with harem antics.

And I believe ms italy. If 1 kiss can kill a god, how much more can you expect out of a soul mate :/

/XX/

Hmmm were there any prominent coffee-sipping female anime characters? I think I need to draw something sexy that involves a girl, and her coffee.
Kara no Kyōkai: The Garden of Sinners has many characters addicted to coffee, specially Aozaki. You can use that as well... and hasn't moonspeak given you examples? He is an expert on beverage sipping.

Evilore has already been notified. Game over man.
He can't hear you! Enjoying right now the wonders of the 'sanfermines' ('pamplonicas', of course). If he survives the party, his liver will probably not for much longer.

Morris

Disco Devil
Bride of Deimos - The Orchid Suite OVA

iW1B3mE8JrDER.gif
iyOowQeaHbn5K.gif

ibsPm4tM4NDd3s.gif
ibyVfbgL9mti2P.gif

SO MUCH SHOUJO WIND.

Melodramatic Shoujo Horror describes this short OVA pretty well. So, apparently this is taken from a random chapter of the Bride Of Deimos manga, which is pretty episodic anyway, so there isn't much or any backstory at all put into it. Deimos and Venus only show up in the beginning being sad and mysterious and stuff. It's just some story about two incest-ic brothers who like orchids and killing people and some girl who comes and screws their shit up.

But who cares about that!? I watched this for the shoujo visuals and the melodrama and it sure as hell delivered. It had a phenomenally 80s synthwave soundtrack too.

I'm sure Emunoz and/or icarus would like this...

Uchip

Banned
Anime wind comes in many forms. sometimes its present in rooms with no discernible source. Its really something to behold.

anime monologue has to be accompanied by inexplicable wind source
almost as if there was a guy on the side with a large fan waiting to blow some air

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
He didn't find an upgrade. Or the upgrade didn't suit him. Or the upgrades aren't visually different from what he started with. None of those are unlikely scenarios.

SAO is very flawed, but you guys attack the most random shit sometimes.
Maybe it's F2P since that is the future of gaming as we all know. Good looking items cost money and since they are all currently in a coma they can't access their credit cards. Because if this was a monthly subscription game you'd just need to cancel the direct debit and be forced kicked out of the game for not paying up and we can't have another silly little detail like that being ignored.

Fuck you speeches are the best speeches.
What about fuck you songs?

I also wonder if the bit about Kirito bragging he got the highest in the beta is true. If that's accurate then all of them are fucked as you have 92 floors of untested material.
It's like an old arcade game and it just recycles the levels after a certain point. Also palette swaps.

Should have bought better armour in that case. Dude got oneshot.
Died to the first boss. What a loser.

Or he was mortally wounded and couldn't be healed or whatever.

I don't know.
They are virtual wounds. Damage doesn't affect the real body. Once you hit 0HP then the game kills you. Before then you are a-OK in real life.

Dog days s2 eps2

That magic girl henshin, was sexy, trippy, matrix ish, and tentacles. Love it.

I do love how war has little tension in this show. A good change in pace. A lot of neat looking spell effects as well. Good stuff.

fertygo

I agree. Should have just forced him to have the potion even he he had to break it over his head and let the juices flow. Not even taking advantage of the Mother scrolling HP system. (but it's nice to see that system get some love)

The guy was
already "dead", the dead guy reject the potion because that just wasting item

And geez, nothing wrong anime chara looks like anime chara.. you guys really expecting they looks all ugly? no bishie? dude... there was many stupid shit in this, but this one pretty silly to complain.

Uchip

Banned
you guys really expecting they looks all ugly?

yes

to clarify: anime characters revealed to look like.... anime characters, is not an entertaining nor endearing twist
and man, must be a pretty boring MMO if the only race you can play is human swordsman

fertygo

yes

to clarify: anime characters revealed to look like.... anime characters, is not an entertaining nor endearing twist
and man, must be a pretty boring MMO if the only race you can play is human swordsman

I assuming the gear was expensive enough, no rich spoiled kid (n they usually looks good) playing this? some boyband member like Arashi to Zelda promoting the game? etc.

And most of them is fugly anyway...

Uchip

Banned
I assuming the gear was expensive enough, no rich spoiled kid (n they usually looks good) playing this? some boyband member like Arashi to Zelda promoting? etc.

And most of them is fugly anyway.

I don't understand what you said but how are they fugly?
there was like one fat guy and the rest have flawless complexions
hell the girls we see are all perfect too

fertygo

I don't understand what you said but how are they fugly?
there was like one fat guy and the rest have flawless complexions
hell the girls we see are all perfect too

most of them bland as shit, there is like one guy that looks good (the leader) that its.

how the hell that is flawless?
Japanese animator do not draw ugly (ugly chara design, yes) girl tho.

Uchip

Banned
most of them bland as shit, there is like one guy that looks good (the leader) that its.

how the hell that is flawless?
Japanese animator do not draw ugly (ugly chara design, yes) girl tho.

choosing the most off model screencap possible? hah
the blandness is more to do with the fact that they are not important characters

.JayZii

Banned
yes

If they made the anime like Ressentiment, then it wouldn't be easy to market.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Bleach 262

So booby lady's cat sword falls in love with a bishonen and things end tragically or something.

Average fall in love with a guy and have nothing important happen at the end story story.

Were you aware while you were watching that you were witnessing a filler arc within a filler arc? Good old Bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom