• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Kokoro Connect ep 2
Man, from silly light-hearted to serious shit going on to light-hearted again. This show is interesting to watch.

Dresden

Nah, it probably just made you realize that the first one was bad too.

PS4XYl.png

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Fresh Precure 4,5,6,7,8,9

Apart from episode 8, which was all about selling plastic toys to little girls, these were quite good.

Tarte is a pretty awesome fairy, not at Coupe-sama's level, but certainly better than the average squeaky voiced fairies. And he speaks in Kansai-ben. Of course, there's Chiffon to try and cancel him out. What useless fairy she is.

Kaoru-chan is also pretty awesome, though he seems to know a bit more than he should...

A few of the recent episodes have had some really good monster and fight animation, a definite improvement after the somewhat disappointing start.

I disliked Miki at first with her whole "I'm perfect" catchphrase and all, but she's grown on me since, and also it's a bit unusual for a main character in a show like this to have divorced parents, so maybe something interesting will come of that. It also makes her relationship with her brother more plausible, even if there's no excuse for their mother.

Love is a pretty standard main character of the genki type. Her episode was pretty good too.

Buki's episode was probably the worst, though she's really only had one so far, so it doesn't really count against her. Of course she'd only be frightened by one type of animal... it makes it pretty funny whenever they meet up to see her shivering in the corner, though.

And with this I've overtaken Mad Pierrot! :)

Today's Wall of Shame Update was brought to you by Aniplex and A-1 Pictures, who encourage you to buy more Sony products so they won't go bankrupt!

Cutoff was 100 posts.

Code:
Jexhius 	643
firehawk12 	495
Chet Rippo 	478
Ultimadrago 	472
Mad Pierrot 	412
dakkumauji 	374
Dresden 	359
Dedication Through Light 	355
cosmicblizzard 	333
duckroll 	313
Brazil 	312
wonzo 	290
SDBurton 	287
Narag 	281
Femmeworth 	260
cajunator 	231
Branduil 	211
Uchip 	204
PdotMichael 	202
BGBW 	201
chickdigger802 	177
hosannainexcelsis 	153
Articalys 	151
Envelope 	143
survivor 	135
Firemind 	133
jman2050 	127
kayos90 	126
Instro 	119
moonspeak 	119
Defuser 	113
Unknown Soldier 	111
KO Traveling Hobo 	110
Jarmel 	104
Regulus Tera 	101

fertygo

SAO eps 2
Eh, that was not bad.. than let say the latest episode of Accel World, guess I'm just used seeing worse. The sakuga and music is impressive though.

flawfuls

Someday's Dreamers Natsu no Sora 1-9

Is this show funded by some sort of tourism bureau or something. I swear half of this show is just random sight seeing. Then again maybe they do that because it's the best way to show off all that photography.

Jex

The worst thing about Accel World is I feel like I've already experienced it through osmosis by reading this thread.

We're just trying to let you know to avoid it but unfortunately that requires that you be exposed to it in some small quantity.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Hah, not really.

Really, what other characters can you think of? It's not like it never occurs, sure, but it's still far more unusual than the "Happy family with one younger/older brother/sister" that usually happens.

Smile Precure 23

ibyrFuIdMD90WC.jpg

Pretty awesome episode, great animation,
massive upgrade for Majorina,
Wolfrun looked downright scary at the end when he went berserk, Jester is an awesome villain who deserves to be the final boss,
the Princess forms are better than I was expecting, some very nice animation there, unlike the terrible Rainbow Healing "transformation".

The only complaint I have against it is
the completely useless and worthless Pierrot reveal. A giant clown shows up for 5 seconds before being blasted. Really? That's all the big wind up with the clock was? A lame clown who appears in like 2 cuts?

Also, some of the fight music sounded suspiciously similar to HeartCatch's...

Next episode doesn't look very good, but I guess there's a lot of potential for some good comedy, so I might end up pleasantly surprised.

Jex

That stuff is actually a big part of
why I became suspicious of Fumito, because the voiceover is basically him talking in a lower voice (which I guess is the whole point). The whole thing is foreshadowed pretty early on, but even when I saw the signs, and said I saw the signs (I mentioned the MGS2 Selection for Societal Sanity project around Episode 7), it was still hard to really believe when it was actually unfolding.

I think those elements were all handled really well.

I feel like we're one of the few places on the internet that really respects Blood-C, but perhaps I am wrong.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Really, what other characters can you think of? It's not like it never occurs, sure, but it's still far more unusual than the "Happy family with one younger/older brother/sister" that usually happens.
Ami Mizuno from Sailor Moon and Aiko Senou from Ojamajo Doremi. Former lives with her mother while the latter lives with her father. For that matter, only Usagi and Minako in Sailor Moon come from unbroken homes.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Ami Mizuno from Sailor Moon and Aiko Senou from Ojamajo Doremi. Former lives with her mother while the latter lives with her father. For that matter, only Usagi and Minako in Sailor Moon come from unbroken homes.

To be fair, most magical girl shows don't reach Sailor Moon in many respects. :p

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Okay I guess this is Halygate up in here.

I stand by what I said, there's no shame in enjoying trash.

"The courage to revel in garbage."

You encouraged me to watch trash. I won't forget.

wonzo

Banned
Smile PreCure! 22
smileprecure22.jpg
smileprecure22a.jpg
smileprecure22b.jpg
smileprecure22c.jpg

they should've taken their own advice lol

Goddamn, HisokaJoker messed their shit up and he did it with such fine sakuga too! Why can't the other villians be as awesome as he is?

Lain

Blah Blah Chocolate 1-2

Given the way the first episode started, I was expecting something a bit more... serious. Not that I dislike what I watched, as the stupid moments weren't all that bad and the posible school politics that might come into play could be fun, but the tone left me a bit surprised.
I wonder what's up with poor -jima as he seems to be the only one that notices certain things that noone else seems to see.

cajunator

Banned
Sales figures don't like. Bakemonogatari is better than Wandering Son, Usagi Drop, Penguin Drum, Tsuritama, Kids on the Slope etc.

Hmmm...yes.

Newtype is going to start running a manga next month based on the Fate/Zero Cafe SD characters, illustrated by Ufotable:

m3Yli.jpg

N4BbE.jpg

I like where this is going!

Someday's Dreamers Natsu no Sora 1-9

Is this show funded by some sort of tourism bureau or something. I swear half of this show is just random sight seeing. Then again maybe they do that because it's the best way to show off all that photography.

Have you seen the first season of Someday's Dreamers? Its pretty good.
Yume is super cute and has an amazing ahoge.

wonzo

Banned
Smile PreCure! 23

Holy shit that was a fucking amazing episode! Everything was awesome
except for the shitty Mecha Akanbe+ known as Pierrot that was on screen for ~30 seconds.
There was some fantastic animation, especially the
new powerup which shits all over the pathetic Rainbow Healing special
. These past two episodes have been leaps and shoulders above almost every other episode in this series. Now if only they'd keep it up for the rest of the shows run.

The PreCure Fairies
in the preview seem pretty moe~

Lain

While they've made too much good shit for me to write them off entirely, unlike Gonzo or something, I'm still trying to work out whether I can ever forgive them for Kill Me Baby. And that was just this Spring.

I've forgiven them for Nabari, you surely can forgive them for such a splendid show as Kill Me Baby!

wonzo

Banned
Sailor Moon 9

Haha, oh man. Their entire evil nefarious plot for gaining energy was basically selling cheap clocks and watches that ran a bit faster thanks to magic. It's so brilliant in its ridiculousness and stupidity that they thankfully exploited that fact to the fullest for this awesome episode.
Is Ami really stuck with a special attack as pathetic as spamming bubbles?

smoon9.jpg

STEAM SALES

flawfuls

Have you seen the first season of Someday's Dreamers? Its pretty good.
Yume is super cute and has an amazing ahoge.

I've seen a few episodes, but I didn't really like it. It seems like it is more episodic and about the whole helping random people thing and that just doesn't sound appealing to me. Also I already hated Yume after the first episode. I can't stand the whole airhead with a heart of goal thing.

BluWacky

I've forgiven them for Nabari, you surely can forgive them for such a splendid show as Kill Me Baby!

I liked Nabari's art. It reminded me of Loveless, which none of you will have watched because eeew yaoi but was visually much more interesting than I was expecting, particularly the fight scenes.

Nabari's story... ehhh, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom