• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

Really? A Kyousogiga TV show wouldn't work with Toei's schedule management at all. Hell, the main "brains" behind Kyousogiga have been busy for most of 2012 (Matusmoto in Omega, Hayashi in Drilland). If a Kyousogiga TV show came out this Fall, it would be a total mess.
You sure? I don't know if they are still interested in something like that (to repeat that kind of format) again if BANPRESTO's producer Shigeru Hirata said their intentions were to make next either a series or a movie to cement a second step for the franchise, as they implied the OVA was like an introduction (pilot?) for something more expansive to come... if they could have the opportunity to make more, of course.

7Th

You sure? I don't know if they are still interested in something like that (to repeat format) again if BANPRESTO's producer Mr. Hirata said their intentions were to make next either a series or a movie to cement a second step for the franchise, as they said the OVA was like an introduction (pilot?) for something more expansive to come... if they could have the opportunity to make it, of course.

Maybe it could be a TV show or a movie, I just doubt that it will be released this year. Hayashi is AD of Drilland episode 1 so his involvement in that isn't so superficial.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Make it to episode five yet? Its one of the most hilarious ones of the anime, just rewatched it today.

Yeah, but isn't that the one where
Angel is seen trying to buy her favorite food, spicy tofu, from the vending machine?
I can't really remember anything that funny from the episode. Most of the humor has been on par for an anime show, but I'm still enjoying it.

The second season is critical to the movie. It is a necessity.

Dang it. This is just getting more confusing. There are different orders to watch the first season in, apparently (though I'm just planning on watching them in the airing order). And now I'm reading that the second season was mixed with the first, so you have to watch the whole show with with the second season episodes together :/ If I watch season one alone as is (Season one appears to be all that's offered on crunchyroll at this time), and then watch the movie, will I be totally bewildered?

/XX/

Maybe it could be a TV show or a movie, I just doubt that it will be released this year. Hayashi is AD of Drilland episode 1 so his involvement in that isn't so superficial.
Yeah, I doubt it as well given their schedule. I suppose they will have to push the project further away.

I'm done with Another.

It's started alright, with a nice and creepy build-up, a bit of mystery and a shocking first death. It went a bit downhill after Episode 4 or 5 and I found the first reveal
Mei isn't actually dead
and the reasoning for the behavior of the class a bit silly. The build-up to the second reveal was more interesting than the reveal itself. The tension I've hoped for wasn't there at all. To turn the last few episodes from Final Destination into Battle Royal was uncalled for, imo.

All in all I can say is I wouldn't recommend this anime to anyone and seeing how I bored myself through the end, I found it to be a waste of my time.

E: Watching the OVA now.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean 11
tPVQb.jpg
Everyone made fun of Elena this whole time but it turns out she is just too deep for you. The pacing in this episode was extremely poor, and the episode fluttered all over the place with its tone and focus. The burden of knowledge regarding the original series is rearing its ugly head and the show is introducing too many questions on multiple fronts. I couldn't really tell you why I'm watching this because I really don't feel like I'm getting much of anything out of each episode.

Kazzy

The second season is critical to the movie. It is a necessity.

Well, the endless eight is pretty redundant past the first episode. That's only recommended if you have a morbid curiousness to watch it all unfold before your eyes, again, again, and again, etc.

Well, the endless eight is pretty redundant past the first episode. That's only recommended if you have a morbid curiousness to watch it all unfold before your eyes, again, again, and again, etc.

It isn't that bad considering you can marathon through it in one go now.

It becomes somewhat comforting near the end.

Eureka Seven AO 11
tumblr_m6en8yxEXn1r9sea8o1_500.jpg

Pretty deep moments for me, so Ill just read peoples comments on the other stuff for better understanding, but otherwise pretty nice episode even
without Truth
. Really liked that moment with Ao and am hyped for the next episode
space!

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon R 79

Everyone decides to be an asshole to Artemis. :( This episode really felt like filler,
it was about a character who really hasn't had much screen time at all, and it wasn't even trying to develop him at all.

Jex

Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean 11

Everyone made fun of Elena this whole time but it turns out she is just too deep for you. The pacing in this episode was extremely poor, and the episode fluttered all over the place with its tone and focus. The burden of knowledge regarding the original series is rearing its ugly head and the show is introducing too many questions on multiple fronts. I couldn't really tell you why I'm watching this because I really don't feel like I'm getting much of anything out of each episode.

Did you like the bit where hundreds of things happened at once?

Kazzy

what does this mean?? D:

It doesn't help that I somehow typed out "curiosity" in such a mangled fashion...

But if you mean the episodes themselves, it's pretty impressive how the concept of the same events repeating themselves eight times is executed quite so literally in the anime.

It isn't that bad considering you can marathon through it in one go now.

It becomes somewhat comforting near the end.

I got that too, but I have accepted that I am definitely a minority with that.

Makoto

Dang it. This is just getting more confusing. There are different orders to watch the first season in, apparently (though I'm just planning on watching them in the airing order). And now I'm reading that the second season was mixed with the first, so you have to watch the whole show with with the second season episodes together :/ If I watch season one alone as is (Season one appears to be all that's offered on crunchyroll at this time), and then watch the movie, will I be totally bewildered?
You can watch both seasons in whichever order your prefer. Season one and season two can be viewed independently of each other without have to mix and match them chronologically.

However, if you do watch season one and then the movie, you will be totally bewildered and it will not make any sense to you beyond the first act.

Edit: I'm not sure if this is a regional thing but from my end, season two is still on Crunchyroll.

Jex

"Hey guys, we just licensed IDOLMASTER! One of the big hits in Japan now!"

"Oooooh yeah, FUCK YEAH!"

"Erm... why does this contract say.... Sunrise...."

Maybe they just hope people will confuse it for the other Idolmaster series?

Was at the niconico exhibit until about half an hour ago. It was great fun, drawing on the box Gundam and pushing people in demand.

Now waiting on the Aoki and Kondo panel. Can't wait.

Narag

Was at the niconico exhibit until about half an hour ago. It was great fun, drawing on the box Gundam and pushing people in demand.

I was watching that for far too long. How mad was Joel when he came on? Stream turned on him fast.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

You can watch both seasons in whichever order your prefer. Season one and season two can be viewed independently of each other without have to mix and match them chronologically.

However, if you do watch season one and then the movie, you will be totally bewildered and it will not make any sense to you beyond the first act.

Edit: I'm not sure if this is a regional thing but from my end, season two is still on Crunchyroll.

ah thanks.. it's showing up now. For some reason I was only getting one season on the page.

Jex

Careful, you'll summon firehawk12 with that kind of talk.

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket 13

Anybody watching must know by now this is not realistic basketball but that's ok, I really enjoy the show. We get to see the next members of the Generation of Miracles
Aomine and Momoi (she is a girl who is in love with Kuroko)
. From the previews it seems the show is picking up and there is a
dog

Grzi

Kuroko no Basket 13

Anybody watching must know by now this is not realistic basketball but that's ok. I really enjoy the show and plan to keep watching. We get to see the next members of the Generation of Miracles
dog

Anybody who saw the first episode knows that it's not realistic basketball.
It's better and far more entertaining than realistic basketball.

Can't wait to watch the episode.

Kazzy

So... I should skip the endless eight arc in Haruhi S2?

No, like others have said, the first and final episodes should be watched. Other than that, everything else is superfluous, containing only very minor differences between each episode. The premise is interesting, and without trying to repeat what has already been said recently, it's fascinating (if not particularly entertaining) in its execution.

If you start to get fed up by the second-cycle, just skip to the end.

/XX/

InsaneZero, please, offer to Mr. Kondo on my behalf condolences for the death of the Anime Bunko label.

So... I should skip the endless eight arc in Haruhi S2?

Watch it all. All eight episodes may be the same in general context, but each episode has unique visuals. Little things here and there are changed throughout the infinite loop,
as Nagato is kind enough to share when asked

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Watch it all. All eight episodes may be the same in general context, but each episode has unique visuals. Little things here and there are changed throughout the infinite loop,
as Nagato is kind enough to share when asked

uhh.... that in no way is a good reason to suffer through 8 episodes of the same shit. "oh look! her shirt is a different colour in this episode! That made it totally worth suffering through the same episode again!" No, it doesn't work that way for most people.

Jex

uhh.... that in no way is a good reason to suffer through 8 episodes of the same shit. "oh look! her shirt is a different colour in this episode! That made it totally worth suffering through the same episode again!" No, it doesn't work that way for most people.

You can't really create the original experience unless you watch one episode per week for eight weeks straight. If you aren't suffering for two whole months than it's not really the same thing as The Endless Eight.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon R 80

An Ami episode!
The best part of the episode was that the Droid attacked a place that didn't have the Sailors coincidentally show up at the same time.
Also, the droid casting
the spell on Usagi was really funny, poor Usagi is just used to all the abuse by now. :(

Neo C.

Kuroko no Basket 13

Anybody watching must know by now this is not realistic basketball but that's ok, I really enjoy the show. We get to see the next members of the Generation of Miracles
dog

*3 seconds till game over*

"Now I'm going to explain in a minute why I want to shoot it right here!"

*fakes a shot, takes the shot again*

"Now I'm going to explain why I believe in your jump!"

The punch-pass is awesome though. :3

Edit: They should totally do a magical girl parody. Kise, Aomine, Midorima, Kuroko...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom