• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
You can't really create the original experience unless you watch one episode per week for eight weeks straight. If you aren't suffering for two whole months than it's not really the same thing as The Endless Eight.

Dear god that doesn't sound fun D:

I'd like to think that I'm not torturing myself and pretending that I'm having a good time just because it's ANIME.

Yet somehow, that's the feeling I have with the half of the shows I watch anyways.

uhh.... that in no way is a good reason to suffer through 8 episodes of the same shit. "oh look! her shirt is a different colour in this episode! That made it totally worth suffering through the same episode again!" No, it doesn't work that way for most people.

A person will not know until they at least give it a chance. At least KyoAni made some effort in not recycling the previous episode's content frame-for-frame throughout the entire eight episodes. There is also the option of reading the light novel or manga adaption of Endless Eight and get the story in one short read.

Kazzy

I'd like to think that I'm not torturing myself and pretending that I'm having a good time just because it's ANIME.

Yet somehow, that's the feeling I have with the half of the shows I watch anyways.

:(

Aw, it sounds like you need a break.

A person will not know until they at least give it a chance. At least KyoAni made some effort in not recycling the previous episode's content frame-for-frame throughout the entire eight episodes. There is also the option of reading the light novel or manga adaption of Endless Eight and get the story in one short read.

I agree, to a point. It was interesting enough to make me sit through it all, but I can't wholeheartedly recommend to anyone either, well, not without the aforementioned list of caveats.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You can't really create the original experience unless you watch one episode per week for eight weeks straight. If you aren't suffering for two whole months than it's not really the same thing as The Endless Eight.
You joke, but the original intention of Endless Eight is completely lost to time now. It really was a "you had to be there" moment.

Also, I blame you for Eureka AO 11. What a fucking mess that was.

InsaneZero, please, offer to Mr. Kondo on my behalf condolences for the death of the Anime Bunko label.

I'll try to see if I can.

Listening to Kondo right now, it doesn't hit you just how much ufotable does inhouse (essentially everything) until you hear it from the person itself.

VuOwCl.jpg
i shouldn't cry but ..but .. BUT BUT

That ep ... that ending ..

this episode is so classic in precure storytelling yet ... so strong

ganbatte yayoi , ganbatte nao ...

Clear best ep of this season for this show so far .. in term of story ..

The preview for ep 19 seems very good as well ..

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

Watching all eight episodes in a row is a lot worse/better.

Instro

Sankarea 12

That was a pretty well directed finale, reminded me a lot of the first 3 episodes. It ends with a rather odd scene, I suppose they are counting on a 2nd season. I don't really regret sticking with the show even after it completely flipped its tone. If nothing else it managed to maintain a level of quality in the visuals, so there was usually nice things to look at each week. This finale had some great shots as well.

It still ends up being the best DEEN show I have seen in ages, although that's not really a high mark. Omata will probably be a director worth keeping an eye on in the future I think.

Kuroko's Basketball 13
tumblr_m6g5qySChl1qa2atko1_250.gif

That was just plain epic and suspenseful, I was actually on the edge of my seat. Everything in the actual final moments of the game
when Kuroko just suddenly appeared after Kagami miraculously jumped for the third time, was wow. Also their senior three pointer was just great, nice.

Cant wait for next episode, perfect location! and
Aominecchi is probably third favorite of the GOM, thus far

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i shouldn't cry but ..but .. BUT BUT

That ep ... that ending ..

this episode is so classic in precure storytelling yet ... so strong

ganbatte yayoi , ganbatte nao ...

Clear best ep of this season for this show so far .. in term of story ..

The preview for ep 19 seems very good as well ..

If that's your reaction for 18, I can't wait to see what you'll think about 19.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon R 81

There was a brief period of complex animation! Such a surprise to see that in Sailor Moon!
Chibiusa going super saiyan was pretty awesome, and the final arc is starting already? with 8 episodes to go? Sounds good to me! So I wonder if all of Chibiusa's power is one of the reasons they were chasing her, of if it's just a side effect of being some important person in the future, etc.

Ep 19 was very good ... yayoi troubles were justified and i loved the character devellopment she had in this ep .. (ep 18 is still the best IMO ).. animation was better than most of the blue noses episodes ...

While the story was great the highlight of this ep was :

Miyuki as a goofy and unpredictable character is slowing getting better than cure dream each episode
I guess they have nailed the characters interractions and cast differences now..

Can't wait for ep 20

Jex

[Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood] - 15

There may, in fact, be a way to pair a stoic male warrior with a genki little girl, but this isn't the way to do it. I really feel like this series abuses 'face faults' and 'distorted characters' far too regularly.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

Yeah, 19 is something special. I wasn't the biggest fan of 18 to begin with, though; Nao episodes always have such simplistic premises and, because they have no idea what to do with her character, Yayoi or someone else ends up stealing the show anyway.

There may, in fact, be a way to pair a stoic male warrior with a genki little girl, but this isn't the way to do it. I really feel like this series abuses 'face faults' and 'distorted characters' far too regularly.

May Chang and her little panda-gerbil are easily the worst things about FMA: Brotherhood.

BluWacky

Not a huge surprise - they do license almost everything that Crunchyroll does, after all.

I really, truly don't know how they continue to make money with their insane licensing practices - license everything, sell almost nothing! - but if it worked for them as ADV no wonder it works for them as Sentai.

Be interesting to see what happens with the Funimation lawsuit.

Brazil

By the end of the day they'll have announced five more shows.

Not a huge surprise - they do license almost everything that Crunchyroll does, after all.

I really, truly don't know how they continue to make money with their insane licensing practices - license everything, sell almost nothing! - but if it worked for them as ADV no wonder it works for them as Sentai.

They must have some really awesome batch licensing deals. Otherwise... I really don't know how they do it.

It cant really cost that much to release stuff sub and dvd only I guess.

If they do license that much...could arcana famiglia be one they got too...first hiiro no kakera.

Grzi

Is this your first time watching the show or are you rewatching it?

Aniplex proudly presents the "Annoy Hikaru Kondo and Ei Aoki with Your Dumbass TYPE-MOON Questions Happy Hour"

I have no idea how Kondo could keep answering tactfully after getting three different requests for TM adaptations.

One of the questions was even about whether or not F/Z had a large budget, since the Rider/Archer battle was not exactly the same as it was in the novel. Jesus fucking Christ.

Brazil

Aniplex proudly presents the "Annoy Hikaru Kondo and Ei Aoki with Your Dumbass TYPE-MOON Questions Happy Hour"

I have no idea how Kondo could keep answering tactfully after getting three different requests for TM adaptations.

One of the questions was even about whether or not F/Z had a large budget, since the Rider/Archer battle was not exactly the same as it was in the novel. Jesus fucking Christ.

They just laugh it off afterwards. "Those dumbasses fanboys, bwahaha."

duckroll

Sounds bad. Maybe someone should give him a hug. On a positive note though, if he keeps getting assaulted by F/SN questions, maybe he'll actually do something when he returns to Japan! Lol.

BosSin

Ugh, I just tried watching Ultimate Blade Works and couldn't bring myself to go further than 40 minutes. It had no logical structure to the bloody film, it's just like they thought "hey, let's put action in the film! Who needs a comprehensible story".

Yeah, 19 is something special. I wasn't the biggest fan of 18 to begin with, though; Nao episodes always have such simplistic premises and, because they have no idea what to do with her character, Yayoi or someone else ends up stealing the show anyway.

yayoi is easily the stronger yellow character in term of appearance in the show ( presence, laugh, originality ) out of all the previous yellow characters we had ..

I mean in term of battle hability , sunshine is better than her .. But she is no doubt the most important character this seasonin term of character chemistry ...

As for ep 20 : Can we tell candy to NOT pick up everything belonging to marjorina ?I can see this trend continuing up to the final fight ?

One of my problems with Brotherhood as a series is that it tries to use manga-style humor rather unsuccessfully.

So, in all seriousness, do Japanese people just replace r's and l's whenever they like?

Japanese doesn't really have a sound equivalent to "l" or "r", but rather something in between. They don't seem to have a particularly good grasp on when to use which letter when it comes to English.

DiGiKerot

A lot of these panels end up like this, unfortunately. I was at a screening of Sacred Star of Milos a few weeks back, which had a QA with the director and a producer from Bones tagged onto the end of it - most of the questions amounted to people asking if they were going to make more Full Metal Alchemist (despite, you know, the 100 TV episodes and the fact that the audience had just sat through the terrible Milos), even though the staff repeatedly commented about the fact that it's entirely up to Arakawa and maybe they should try writing to her.

(Then there was the guy who asked if they were going to remake Berserk, a question which made me cringe on many, many levels...)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Japanese doesn't really have a sound equivalent to "l" or "r", but rather something in between. They don't seem to have a particularly good grasp on when to use which letter when it comes to English.
Sure, and I don't really mind when it's just spoken... but when it's in text, it's weird.

Is it lolita? rorita? lorita? rolita? Or do people just understand what people are trying to write regardless of the spelling?

Jex

The best thing about [Euerka Seven Ao]- 11 is that I could just post a large collection of random screenshots and no-one would have any idea what the actual plot of the episode is:

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Sailor Moon R 82

Being
Sailor Pluto must be pretty lonely. I mean, she doesn't even get an actual planet now. :(

I wonder when the villains will ever realize that sending youma/droids/cardians is absolutely useless. :(

It's nice seeing Chibiusa trusting the other Sailors and not just running away, also there was a new flashback to crystal Tokyo. Even though it wasn't really a flashback, if you think about it. Except for Chibiusa. Sort of. Time travel is always so confusing. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The best thing about [Euerka Seven Ao]- 11 is that I could just post a large collection of random screenshots and no-one would have any idea what the actual plot of the episode is:
I think that's really all you need to get from the episode anyway.
Even in my wildest nightmares I couldn't have come up with that episode!
And yep!

For once, I agree with you completely on this subject.
The universe just exploded.

Jex

Sure, and I don't really mind when it's just spoken... but when it's in text, it's weird.

Is it lolita? rorita? lorita? rolita? Or do people just understand what people are trying to write regardless of the spelling?

You seem a bit obsessed with goth lolis at the moment, firehawk. Is there something you ant to share with us?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You seem a bit obsessed with goth lolis at the moment, firehawk. Is there something you ant to share with us?
I'm just saying spelling seems very arbitrary in Japan. :p

Then again, when American shows have Asian text in their episodes, it's usually just a garbled mess anyway I suppose.

People are dumb, news at 11.

Japanese interpret English phonetically, so it doesn't really matter for them.

duckroll

Japanese interpret English phonetically, so it doesn't really matter for them.

I don't think that's entirely the reason. It's more like "most Japanese are pretty awful at English, so they don't know that it's wrong." :D

Those Japanese who actually know English, probably wouldn't make a mistake like that. I don't think anyone can "interpret English phonetically" and actually know the language...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom