• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It fits with the bizarreness of the whole thing IMO. Jinrui is really hard to pin down exactly. Its one of the strangest shows I have seen in a while.
I don't really see how the OP is that bizarre. There's one good shot where it looks like the fairies are hanging. The rest is pretty much the standard anime OP song and dance, the music choice being particularly egregious.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't like the Jinrui OP at all. It doesn't really fit the tone of the series itself at all, and all the obnoxious jerking around looks really weird. ED is great though.

It is about fairies multiplying and spreading through the power of dance. It's all very appropriate.

sleepykyo

iNM9H4n25u4aH.gif

ibn1IRp78sRjHV.gif

iWeKvDWKDgUCe.gif

Why does Akari look amazed?

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Yes it is her fault. Well any good characters would make up for their teams weaknesses and get the enemy accounting for any mishaps that could happen. There were numerous options for her to take, so yes, she is terrible. If Top Gun was her in place then I can imagine he would have pulled through.

How would she had known if the enemy got away if the other guy didnt say anything? And lets go back to what you said originally. You said her mech skills were awful. Someone can be good at something solo but may not work well with a partner. That doesn't diminish that persons ability. If I let an enemy get away and my partner is still fighting, Im gonna tell him to watch his back.

How would she had known if the enemy got away if the other guy didnt say anything? And lets go back to what you said originally. You said her mech skills were awful. Someone can be good at something solo but may not work well with a partner. That doesn't diminish that persons ability. If I let an enemy get away and my partner is still fighting, Im gonna tell him to watch his back.

Well all of their mech skills are what got them there, but of the group she is definitely among the worst. The end result proves whose skills are good and whose are not good. She could be the most decorated soldier but if she loses then she is not good. Its that simple. That was the point of the exercise. That seems to tell me that her skills alone are bad, and that she is awful working on a team. A good character would not only tell their partner but would assist their partner and protect them. Also look at her personality during the whole event and outside of it, pretty atrocious.

Jarmel

Banned

Exactly. Her mech skills were fine, she's just a horrible team player. Although you could make the argument she was in a significantly better mech and still had lots of trouble against Top Gun. It's really hard to comment on her skill till we see her in a comparable mech against him.

Well all of their mech skills are what got them there, but of the group she is definitely among the worst. The end result proves whose skills are good and whose are not good. She could be the most decorated soldier but if she loses then she is not good. Its that simple. That was the point of the exercise. That seems to tell me that her skills alone are bad, and that she is awful working on a team. A good character would not only tell their partner but would assist their partner and protect them. Also look at her personality during the whole event and outside of it, pretty atrocious.

She has an insecurity complex so she tries to make it up outside the machine.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death

Oh, you just don't like her. Why didn't you just say so.

Should have just listened to envelope....

Articalys

Rinne no Lagrange S2 2

It's almost adorable how straightforwardly Madoka says she plans to stop an interplanetary war.
Anyway, the double clothesline was nice, and the stuff in the Jersey Club room was pandering for pandering's sake. I guess next week will be some antics combined with a bit more plot.

Thoraxes

Why does Akari look amazed?

Didn't you watch the first episode of this season?

Rinne no Lagrange S2 2

It's almost adorable how straightforwardly Madoka says she plans to stop an interplanetary war.
Anyway, the double clothesline was nice, and the stuff in the Jersey Club room was pandering for pandering's sake. I guess next week will be some antics combined with a bit more plot.
It wasn't pandering, it's just how they show friendship~
Okay, yeah it was, but I can't lie: I enjoyed it especially after all the teasing and the class movie from last season.

Articalys

We're up to 48 entrants who've passed the AST prelims now.
1st 223 Poplar Taneshima @ Working!
2nd 184 Yayoi Kise @ Smile Pretty Cure!
3rd 182 Kanna Tanigawa @ Ano Natsu De Matteru
4th 175 Teru Miyanaga @ Saki
5th 131 Cecilia Alcott @ Infinite Stratos
6th 118 Hare Menjou @ Guilty Crown
6th 118 Ami Kawashima @ Toradora!
8th 114 Yachiyo Todoroki @ Working!
9th 105 Tsukasa Ayatsuji @ Amagami SS
10th 100 Sakuya Aizawa @ Hayate The Combat Butler
11th 97 Ranko Saouji @ Sankarea
12th 96 Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke @ Strike Witches

OPs

1. Binbougami ga
2. Horizon
3. Joshiraku
4. Jinrui
5. Dog Days'
6. Sword Art Online
7. Hagure Yuusha
8. So I can't Fuck Her
9. Campione

EDs

1. Binbougami ga
2. Joshiraku

Jex

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita 3

There's absolutely nothing different between this episode and the previous two other than the fact that this time they use otaku lingo
. Apparently, this is enough to offend some. But the general theme of picking up a subject and going off on a tangent (insanely) is still here. It's the same Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita.

I vehemently disagree. Even if we ignore the subject matter (and I don't know why I'd ever do that) this weeks episode was unfortunately a step down in terms of animation, editing and cinematography. I can get into specific examples later but my general description of the direction is 'meh'.

cajunator

Banned
Space Brothers 16

Damn this show is good.
Enjoying it so much.
If you enjoy character development this show is definitely for you. Its interesting to see how each person reacts to being in the capsule and how all their little flaws and quirks start to come out.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It definitely feels like pandering, but I'm ok with that.
I like when shows pander, to a degree.
Especially like that.
So that was :cajun? lol

Didn't you watch the first episode of this season?

It wasn't pandering, it's just how they show friendship~
Okay, yeah it was, but I can't lie: I enjoyed it especially after all the teasing and the class movie from last season.
It makes the fingersex seem tame by comparison!

wonzo

Banned
Chitose Get You! 3

chitose3.jpg

Yes, I'm sure an adult woman bragging about her bust size to children is a totally normal and mature thing to do.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yes, I'm sure an adult woman bragging about her bust size to children is a totally normal and mature thing to do.

If I had the time I'd go to my old primary school and show off that I have a university degree while they are still struggling with key stage 2 maths. "Nah nah na naah nah, I am smarter than you!"

Gundam Age 40
tumblr_m778qraUzg1qd37umo1_500.jpg

The new OP and ED songs are awesome. The ending song is definitely up there with the best one for the anime. Its really good just like all the others have been. The OP has so many awesome moments, like this image above, bringing a fan fantasy to life, as well as the actual new gundam fx. I love the Gundam FX as the C-Funnels and design make this as sleek and cooler than the Gundam Age 2.

Plotwise things are getting interesting for this last set of episodes.
Asemu and Zehearto may finally happen, so many years worth waiting, and Kio may finally take over and implement his own solution, which I imagine Asemu will follow and Flit will be forced to watch since his plan of true vengence most likely cant come to pass. I wonder if any deaths will happen. I did want Ezelcant sama to survive though

BluWacky

There's absolutely nothing different between this episode and the previous two other than the fact that this time they use otaku lingo. Apparently, this is enough to offend some. But the general theme of picking up a subject and going off on a tangent (insanely) is still here. It's the same Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita.

I absolutely disagree. There's nothing "insane" about the episode - this is how fandom works. It's an amusing idea -
that the "lost records" of human civilisation are BL doujins
- but stretching that one non-joke out without any of the visual or aural humour that characterised the last arc for a whole episode didn't work for me.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I absolutely disagree. There's nothing "insane" about the episode - this is how fandom works. It's an amusing idea -
that the "lost records" of human civilisation are BL doujins
- but stretching that one non-joke out without any of the visual or aural humour that characterised the last arc for a whole episode didn't work for me.

I enjoyed watching
the manga culture be reborn exactly the way it is now in a world where people are clueless about... Well, what manga culture is.
I guess this episode wasn't as funny as the last two, but they all felt the same to me.

Worth watching??
The premise was ehhhh....

At the cost of three minutes a week you get to make fun of the adult who's threatened by Chitose.

Three. Minutes.

Horizon II 02

YQsIl.gif

A very nice action filled first half. Very nice. Nice to see Girl|Shakespeare be awesome and stuff and really nice use of Excalibur from yet another but much bustier Saber maybe.

Second half went back down to non actiony stuff. While it wasn't bad focusing on the Horizon allies focusing a whole chunk of the last half of the second half on someone that was never seen before or had much focus was pretty dull. But that's Horizon for you.

wonzo

Banned
I did a search and found nothing on this forum, so I'm just going to put these two Tumblr accounts here. Fans of anime production art should appreciate them quite a bit I think (I think some pictures might be nsfw, but it's so random)

http://unkoer.tumblr.com/ (this one in particular is absolutely massive)
http://unkoest.tumblr.com/

Sorry if it's very old.
this is awesome. thanks for the links

Dude. Anime!
even anime should hold the teachers to a higher standard :<

If I had the time I'd go to my old primary school and show off that I have a university degree while they are still struggling with key stage 2 maths. "Nah nah na naah nah, I am smarter than you!"
at least that's based off of personal merit

Worth watching??
The premise was ehhhh....
not really but it's only 3 minutes so you might get a kick out of it

JCG

Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse 3

That sure was an okay episode 1. It's a bit difficult to try and take this show seriously when its production values seem to have plummeted even in the face of the already modest quality seen in episodes 1 and 2, but at least the pace has slowed down for something resembling proper build-up and the main content has become stereotypical military stuff rather than rushed and mildly offensive shock value.

Well, we still have the omnipresent boob suits, which are even worse looking than before. The characters aren't anything special yet, though they're at least closer to being actual characters now. Don't have too much love for the 3D CGI but it was still easier on the eyes than nearly everything else.

Overall...I guess this counts as an improvement? Apparently.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Rinne no Lagrange 14

It annoys me a little that none of the girls are ever in complete control of their Voxes. There's always something going on with them. They suddenly go berserk, they start moving on their own, they stop working in the middle of a battle, they start crapping flowers everywhere.

Also... Is it just me, or the CG is looking a bit cheaper now?

Dat pandering.

Rinne no Lagrange 14

It annoys me a little that none of the girls are ever in complete control of their Voxes. There's always something going on with them. They suddenly go berserk, they start moving on their own, they stop working in the middle of a battle, they start crapping flowers everywhere.

Also... Is it just me, or the CG is looking a bit cheaper now?

Dat pandering.

Well I guess the vox's have a mind of their own and only do the actual true desires that the pilots want, I guess?

Defuser

We're up to 48 entrants who've passed the AST prelims
1st 223 Poplar Taneshima @ Working!
2nd 184 Yayoi Kise @ Smile Pretty Cure!
3rd 182 Kanna Tanigawa @ Ano Natsu De Matteru
4th 175 Teru Miyanaga @ Saki
5th 131 Cecilia Alcott @ Infinite Stratos
6th 118 Hare Menjou @ Guilty Crown
6th 118 Ami Kawashima @ Toradora!
8th 114 Yachiyo Todoroki @ Working!
9th 105 Tsukasa Ayatsuji @ Amagami SS
10th 100 Sakuya Aizawa @ Hayate The Combat Butler
11th 97 Ranko Saouji @ Sankarea
12th 96 Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke @ Strike Witchesnow.
Oh yeah, take that boob alien!

Instro

Idolm@ster OVA

The movie segments in this were amazing, and best girl Azusa gets the best parts in both. Very fun extra episode for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom