• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like it's not my kind of thing afterall. But I might try and episode anyway, who knows, right?

OceanBlue

Uhm got a question about that Smile Precure show a lot of people in the thread seem to be talking about.

Is it just another magic girl anime, or is there something about it that breaks it away from the standard magic girl show?

But I was just curious about smile precure since it seems to be getting A LOT of attention in this thread, and some of thise gifs I saw had VERY good animation in them.
The funny thing is that even someone like me, who isn't active in this thread, has seen this exact question before. I really thought you were that same person at first.

Branduil

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who probably likes Hyouka and thinks its a masterpiece.

I like it, but you're ignoring me so whatever.

Hyouka 13

ibavam8V2ztfxO.jpg

Talk about cultural differences. Coming to school with those would get you expelled from any high school in America. I guess it's different when you know they're fake.

The new OP is quite a bit better than the first one.

This arc really is putting the cultural festivals of other anime to shame. It almost makes me wonder if KyoAni chose to adapt this just for this arc.

iG8bxPIN14lOV.jpg

What a terrible argument. But what do you expect from a mustache?
They must read GAF, because they animated one of our arguments. I'm pretty sure Mayaka would fit right in here. The reveal was hilarious.

And that final scene truly captured the frustration of not being able to find something. I'm a hoarder as well so I can relate.

I look forward to the cooking in the next episode.

wonzo

Banned
YATP 2011 - Dudu the Floatie (lol)

This was a pretty charming and fantastically animated critique of Japan's Business Culture and the impact it has on families. Easily the best YATP 2011 yet as it didn't troll me with the ending.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like it's not my kind of thing afterall. But I might try and episode anyway, who knows, right?

If you do end up taste-testing it, try episode nine or ten as all of the initial setup is complete and these are the first episodes that do the show's usual formula well.

The funny thing is that even someone like me, who isn't active in this thread, has seen this exact question before. I really thought you were that same person at first.

I thought Tomat got a name change and someone was quoting one of his old posts at first, hahah.

Dresden

YATP 2011 - Dudu the Floatie (lol)

This was a pretty charming and fantastically animated critique of Japan's Business Culture and the impact it has on families. Easily the best YATP 2011 yet as it didn't troll me with the ending.

Looks amusing, but the only one I'm looking forward to is Shiranpuri . . . hope they get it out soon.

Soma

I figured this would be worth a repost here since I think we talk about older animu in here... sometimes.

http://witch-house.bandcamp.com/album/-

Bunch of tracks and remixes inspired by the Akira OST. Some really good stuff if you enjoyed the OST or just enjoy electronic/experimental stuff. There's also a little wubwubwub if you're into that too I guess.

Looks like they're being launched from her hips.

Well it's like a rocket launcher thing attached to her hips.

Rinne no Lagrange s2 2

Godfuckingdammit! I had every intention of dropping the show after this episode, but the promise of a potential war in space will keep me watching :(

Jex

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 34-35

The battle is followed by a much lower-key episode involving the aftermath of the soldiers. I am surprised Yang was so easily accepting of Julian's will to become a soldier considering how much he has been hammering the audience with his dislike of the profession.

That's kind of Yang's outlook on life though, he's going to give people the freedom to do as they wish. Also, we all know how laid back he can be about such matters.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I like it to the "I will put it into my personal top X of the year" extent.
I think its an excellent show, and I look forward to it each week.
Hey, more Hyouka bros. It's weird, because I seem to see a lot of "
I scream
of boredom when I watch this shitty boring KyoAni is shit show (K-On! sucks and fuck KyoAni)" posts. lol

I like it, but you're ignoring me so whatever.
Oh fine. :p
In the spirit of the culture club, I will drop it.

Freaking Dresden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom