• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So from what anime was music memorable for you then if you don't mind me asking?

stuff that ain't subtle about it. I guess mostly shounen stuff. And funny enough, stuff with drums are quite memorable for some reason.

So i pretty much notice the music if no one is talking, and the visuals are boring and drums.

I do appreciate good emotional/atmosphere music, but I'm not sprinting out the door looking for the OST.

Jex

Joshiraku ep 1

A anime about the daily lives of five girls, written by the Sayanora Sensei mangaka, art by the Toradora artist? GET! And the ED is fantastic. Good lord...this show gives Bakemono a run for its money.

Ah, yes, but Bakemonogatari is clearly superior because of it's wry commentary on otaku-pleasing tropes and characters.

Uchip

Banned
i watch oreki watch chitanda with his lewd eyes.

iJOS260QxjNAi.gif

guy has problems if he imagines dog parts on her

Branduil

Well, that's fair enough. I was mad/salty enough to just walk away, since at that time, the other alternative I considered was to just quit animegaf altogether (as many people have done, it seems). But yeah, let's move on. :)

As for DtB, yeah, I still haven't watched it yet. Undulation.gif is the most I've seen of it.

I find that kind of surprising. I thought you liked sci-fi/social commentary anime.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
PGSM 41-44

I showed up late and missed the first episode, and the other 3 sent me into despair.

My garden is on the brink of destruction.

Why Ami. Whhhhhhhhy?!

Nobuna 02

H80eT.gif

Economics made easy!

Hm, this is becoming one of my favorite shows of this season. The direction is really nice, the music works, I like the characters.

All the fun parts are actually really fun. The protag is really cool too, using his genre savvy skills of playing strategy games all the time to use.

Sure, he changed history yet again, but it's probably for the better. We can't have a demon queen here.

Dresden

Oda Nobuna no Yabou - 02

Two main complaints:

- WHY LOLI
  • I can somewhat deal with vicious warlords being depicted as kawaii~ moe girls instead, but why did so many them also turn into horribly designed midgets? Maeda is probably the worst one but they're all bad.

- WHY SO STU
  • Sagara is a horrible character.
  • The show would be better if it was just moe~ warlords duking it out ala Sengoku Basara instead of shoving in a self-insert nerd-pandering gamer kid who's always right.

It's all kind of bad and I wonder why I even finished this episode.

Still, Oda is so moe.

JBMHCl.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Oda Nobuna no Yabou - 02

Two main complaints:

- WHY LOLI
  • I can somewhat deal with vicious warlords being depicted as kawaii~ moe girls instead, but why did so many them also turn into horribly designed midgets? Maeda is probably the worst one but they're all bad.

- WHY SO STU
  • The show would be better if it was just moe~ warlords duking it out ala Sengoku Basara instead of shoving in a self-insert nerd-pandering gamer kid who's always right.
Option 1:
#hatewatch
Option 2:
This is anime.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Nobuna 02

H80eT.gif

Economics made easy!

Hm, this is becoming one of my favorite shows of this season. The direction is really nice, the music works, I like the characters.

All the fun parts are actually really fun. The protag is really cool too, using his genre savvy skills of playing strategy games all the time to use.

Sure, he changed history yet again, but it's probably for the better. We can't have a demon queen here.

Koei has zero involvement in the production of this show, right?

Narag

Oda Nobuna no Yabou - 02

I asked myself that when i was watching it. It's like there's a fun show somewhere in there and I'm torn on whether or not I should put the effort forth to enjoy it.

wonzo

Banned
Hyouka 13

The new OP owns and I still can't get enough of newish ED either. While this ep wasn't as atmospheric as the last one, it still did a great job of making the school feel lively. I hope the best girl™ Mayaka can find that manga and continue to own the shit outta the Manga Club president.

That was incredible. I really need to check out Utena.
Drop everything and start this ASAP!!!

Oda Nobuna no Yabou - 02

Two main complaints:

- WHY LOLI

- WHY SO STU

Still, Oda is so moe.

http://i.imgur.com/JBMHCl.jpg
sounds better than the 4⅓ eps of Kingdom i managed to watch

Oda Nobuna no Yabou - 02

Two main complaints:

- WHY LOLI

- WHY SO STU

Still, Oda is so moe.

JBMHCl.jpg

You might enjoy watching Ikkitousen.

Dresden

I asked myself that when i was watching it. It's like there's a fun show somewhere in there and I'm torn on whether or not I should put the effort forth to enjoy it.
I'm kinda torn on whether I'm going to continue this. I mean, I probably will. But at least I have to make it look like it was a hard decision.
Option 1:
#hatewatch
Option 2:
This is anime.
I'll take option 2.
I think you answered your own question.
Too moe. ;__;
You might enjoy watching Ikkitousen.
Too ugly, not moe.
Nobuna 02

The protag just bothers me--he reminds me of what Rance would be like if, instead of enthusiastically raping everyone he sees, he preaches to them about the value of kinship and love instead.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oda Nobuna no Yabou - 02

Two main complaints:

- WHY LOLI

- WHY SO STU

Still, Oda is so moe.

http://i.imgur.com/JBMHCl.jpg
Just watch Sengoku Otome. lol

Option 1:
#hatewatch
Option 2:
This is anime.
2 is the only answer, since 1 is reserved for SAO!

I find that kind of surprising. I thought you liked sci-fi/social commentary anime.
I just haven't heard about it until after around the second season aired... and at this point, it's just one of those back log shows that I don't know if I'll get to.

The fact that Dresden compares Accel World and SAO to it doesn't help though. lol

Branduil

I just haven't heard about it until after around the second season aired... and at this point, it's just one of those back log shows that I don't know if I'll get to.

The fact that Dresden compares Accel World and SAO to it doesn't help though. lol

Dresden is just trying to trick you. Even drunk hobo Hei is ten times better than anime Cartman.

The protag just bothers me--he reminds me of what Rance would be like if, instead of enthusiastically raping everyone he sees, he preaches to them about the value of kinship and love instead.

It doesn't really seem that way to me.

In short terms, protag didn't want Nobuna to run down the demon queen path. I mean, he's not trying to take over everything, but instead would rather have her to true to herself and prove to everyone that she isn't a fool or whatever.

Or let Nobuna continue to be her moe self.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mysterious Girlfriend X 11

That was the laziest censoring I've ever seen in anime. They aren't even trying to hide the fact they will "upgrade" the episode for the Blu-Ray release.

All the kinky shit was fun at the beginning, but it ultimately sucks away any kind of emotional drama they were trying to pull up with this arc without it seeming unintentionally comical. Episode six touched on most of the same
infidelity
issues in a more sensible way without having to resort to the ecchi garbage. Maybe the fault is on my side, considering I was expecting too much from this otaku-pandering... pandering.

Phi Brain s2 15

This was hard to watch. I can't do anything with dog cruelty in it no matter how minor or if everything turns out well in the end. Pretty emotional episode.

OceanBlue

That was the laziest censoring I've ever seen in anime. They aren't even trying to hide the fact they will "upgrade" the episode for the Blu-Ray release.

I always feel like extra scenes would be better for most Blu-ray upgrades. At the very least, they could do cutaways. In this regard, I think Infinite Stratos did a pretty good job with its "uncensored scenes".

firehawk12

Subete no aware
no u

Sagara is worse than Kirito. /troof
Sagara doesn't live in an insular fantasy world meant to justify his hatred of humanity and gaming obsession though.

#hatewatch

Dresden is just trying to trick you. Even drunk hobo Hei is ten times better than anime Cartman.
Not Cartman... just the SAO guy. Because he's nerd Hei. He's the hero we deserve.
Yeah, see. lol
I genuinely think SAO guy is the worst thing created for nerds outside of hentai, so it's not encouraging. :p

I'll talk to my sister about opening up some space in our Netflix queue. If I can do that, I'll order up some of dat Utena and get started on it.
Yeah, see. lol
I genuinely think SAO guy is the worst thing created for nerds outside of hentai, so it's not encouraging. :p
Hei is like the SAO guy except not in a vidya game. In other words, Hei's the polar opposite of what you dislike about the SAO guy. He works for his shit.

Dresden

Sagara doesn't live in an insular fantasy world meant to justify his hatred of humanity and gaming obsession though.

#hatewatch
No, Sagara merely occupies an insular fantasy world that justifies his gaming obsession in spectacular fashion. :/
Yeah, see. lol
I've been shitting on Kirito for months, but your hatred for him is so weirdly . . . lusty.

Hot.

dakkumauji said:
In short terms, protag didn't want Nobuna to run down the demon queen path. I mean, he's not trying to take over everything, but instead would rather have her to true to herself and prove to everyone that she isn't a fool or whatever.

Or let Nobuna continue to be her moe self.
That's the thing, though. Protag knows what's good for everyone. He dares to do something her long-time retainers will never do and he can somehow preach to Oda without getting his head split.

Also the shota needed to die.

That's the thing, though. Protag knows what's good for everyone. He dares to do something her long-time retainers will never do and he can somehow preach to Oda without getting his head split.

Also the shota needed to die.

It's pretty hard to actually say if that was the right thing to do. Sure, no demon queen route and makes everyone generally happy. But, I would say that pretty much shows weakness as a leader and can easily make the future much harder for Nobuna.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
because the dirty secret is that if they were making yuri manga, everyone watching would be ashamed!
Ha ha ha! You make it sound like we haven't admitted to worse things than liking yuri.

You know what, someone spoil this for me. How THE FUCK ARE THERE DIFFERENT GAMES? WHO THE HELL WOULD BE STUPID ENOUGH TO TRY THAT HARDWARE AGAIN?
Fanboys. If this was a Nintendo game I'm sure I could find a way to defend the killing mechanic.

I actually don't even know what irc is. I'm so behind on the internet I had to look up what this "twitter" thing was everyone was talking about like just last year and someone I know asked me if I was on facebook to which I replied "What the heck is facebook?".
Well I didn't really use IRC until a few years ago when another community basically forced me to get on so I could keep up with events. The basics are pretty easy to pick up. I still don't know all the trick to it even now.

We're starting an invasion.
Go back to the sea Ika Musume.

Then come into the IRC where we are constantly spamming exhentai and pixiv links :p (okay, just like 3 of us are... and everyone else is behaving themselves)
You make me a sad panda.

jeez, i dont think anyone is into that man
There will always be someone who is into something. The web has even made us more aware of this fact.

OMGGGGGG I AM NOT LEWD! The hell! Okay, let me make things clear.

1.) I am a dude. A normal dude.
2.) I am not a tsundere. I'm not a tsun tsun.
3.) I think all of those nsfw things that yall talk about in irc is messed up.
4.) I AM NOT TSUNDERE
imBTNN2RgtGLa.gif

aka SuperiorGaf
Reading is for losers baka~

So he goes to a knockoff restaurant. The future seems bleak.
Knockoff of a knockoff. The real WcDonalds has a golden W.

Urabe is ideal Highschool Crush :(

At least for asian territory though. You guys in other side of planet seems have very different idea for first date as teenager lol.
Ones teacher ha ha ha!

I wonder if there is an anime which truly has no OST.
Kill Me Baby is rather close since 90% of the OST is basically random instruments clashing. I even like the show but the truth is the truth.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh really?
You missed his one hundred thousand word post on the first five minutes of the first Bakemonogatari episode. lol

I
Hei is like the SAO guy except not in a vidya game. In other words, Hei's the polar opposite of what you dislike about the SAO guy. He works for his shit.
I'm going to have to assume that's a good thing at this point!

No, Sagara merely occupies an insular fantasy world that justifies his gaming obsession in spectacular fashion. :/
I've been shitting on Kirito for months, but your hatred for him is so weirdly . . . lusty.

Hot.
Sagara isn't any better or worse than your typical harem protagonist, but at least he's not a total sadsack. Kirito is worse than a hundred sexless Ichikas from Infinite Stratos put together.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mysterious Girlfriend X 12

It's funny because their relationship is supposed to have gone somewhere here (
OMG THEY EMBRACED
), but it still feels like nothing of importance has been accomplished. Romance plots like this rely almost entirely on the chemistry between the main two --and, quite frankly, Tsubaki and Urabe make for an incredibly dull couple once the novelty of drool-swapping wears off.

Cartoon should have ended back in episode six.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom