• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

I've noticed something quite remarkable from the last couple of pages. There's moegaf, yurigaf, blgaf, bonesgaf, precuregaf, but where's solgaf and romgaf? And no, Hyouka does not count.

What I'm saying is more people should watch Toradora!

Izayoi

Banned
I feel guilty for laughing as much as I did while watching Joshiraku. So amazingly self-aware, I just couldn't help it.

Im in love with it and I dont even know the main characters name!
Watashi is a fantastic character, and one of the best MC's in recent memory. It's a shame the show doesn't have a higher budget, the artstyle is fantastic and the author definitely dropping LSD or some shit while he writes this stuff.

Latest episode of Jinrui not as laugh out loud funny as the previous two. Don't know how they got the ink and paper in such supply, don't know of any currency system they were using or whether everything was being done for free - in that case how did Y get rich? Probably over-thinking it, but when you're not laughing it's kinda hard not to be distracted by these unexplained issues.

/XX/

I've noticed something quite remarkable from the last couple of pages. There's moegaf, yurigaf, blgaf, bonesgaf, precuregaf, but where's solgaf and romgaf? And no, Hyouka does not count.
The K-ON! movie disc release is in one day and a bit, that will have you covered for days of discussion... but on what thread? I wonder... this one or the other? Will people be allowed to talk about it in here?

Speaking of gafs, I still picture poligaf to be a group of folks in law enforcement (most residing in Florida) comparing their days at work. If anything is truly fucked up, they post on OT.

Firemind

But isn't Toradora moe?

toradora0501.gif

duckroll

http://geass.jp/akito/

They updated the official site. Lots of new screens in the STORY section, a new main visual, and a bunch of region locked trailers. I watched the new full length trailer via VPN, looks GREAT. The layout and direction of the action scenes are really striking, and the motion is top notch. :)

There's interesting news from people who watched the early screening today too. Suzaku and CC are going to appear in the next episode, and there's a CG Lancelot too. The general impressions from the fans seem pretty good, but I didn't read stuff related to the story (spoilz!). Mostly they find the setting and characters interesting, and the robot action really impressive. :D

gLXHO.jpg

MPbks.jpg
dW0Gw.jpg

N2qg8.jpg
JZHe8.jpg

blDOP.jpg
bIsZi.jpg

/XX/

K-On might be sol, but we all know you're just watching it for the cute girls doing cute stuff. Don't pretend otherwise!
And that is the definition of slice-of-life! A recreation of some lives alien to many, but that is what those are for the genre after all.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
There's interesting news from people who watched the early screening today too. Suzaku and CC are going to appear in the next episode, and there's a CG Lancelot too. The general impressions from the fans seem pretty good, but I didn't read stuff related to the story (spoilz!). Mostly they find the setting and characters interesting, and the robot action really impressive. :D

Welp.

TDHvV.gif

wonzo

Banned
AKB0048 11

Whoa, Not only did
Nagisa's dad get arrested but it turns out that Orine was basically manufacturing the mobile weaponry used against AKB0048 at the factory.
However, neither of those compare to
Yuuka getting NTR'd by a chick from the WOTA.
fucking lmao

As for series speculation;
I wonder if S-Quadruple is merely an extension of Sensei-Sensei or a similar, yet less significant collective being.

to be next stage

sonicmj1

They updated the official site. Lots of new screens in the STORY section, a new main visual, and a bunch of region locked trailers. I watched the new full length trailer via VPN, looks GREAT. The layout and direction of the action scenes are really striking, and the motion is top notch. :)

The action in the trailer definitely looks impressive.

But what's with this mech?

1ONMD.jpg

Are those boobs?

Huh, so Sunrise are so unsure about Akito the Exiled that they are sticking characters from the original series in it right from the beginning. I feel like I'm being reassured already even though the series hasn't begun yet!

If they're going to be doing that they need to just say screw the story of the original series and stick Lelouch in there too.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Huh, so Sunrise are so unsure about Akito the Exiled that they are sticking characters from the original series in it right from the beginning. I feel like I'm being reassured already even though the series hasn't begun yet!

If they're going to be doing that they need to just say screw the story of the original series and stick Lelouch in there too.

Isn't
Lelouch still alive
during the events of Akito?

Edit: Yup.
He can show up just fine.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Humanity Has Declined 3

Though this was still funny, and looked great (that hand drawn car!), it wasn't as purely entertaining as the first two were. Though, the ending has me very excited for the fourth episode!

duckroll

If it's set between R1 and R2,
basically everybody except Lelouch is available to show up.

No one really knows how long Akito goes through the timeline, but it starts during R1 afaik. It doesn't specifically take place in-between, because it's a different story about a different region.

JCG

No one really knows how long Akito goes through the timeline, but it starts during R1 afaik. It doesn't specifically take place in-between, because it's a different story about a different region.

That whole crossed-out wanted poster of Zero makes me think it's set mostly after the ending of season one though, even if not into the next year yet.

Suzaku will return? Now Im hyped. Suzaku, Lelouch ,and Rolo were the best aspects of Geass, so it will be interesting to see how the ones that return interact, hopefully well, with the new characters.

Jex

Mysterious Girlfriend X 13

Mysterious Girlfriend X FIN

I give it 4 saliva blobs out of 5. There's worse shit out there. There's also better shit out there. I wouldn't recomment it to anyone, however.

So does a work have to be 5 out of 5 before you recommend it to people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom