• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Tari Tari 3

I never thought possible for a show to have three different best girls.

Another fun episode. The highlights...

ERHz9.jpg
kQ91c.jpg

Bt8fa.jpg
s9t6g.jpg

Cute animals doing cute things.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Kokoro Connect 2

A definite step up from the first episode, but this needs more funny bodyswap hijinks and less philosophizing about identity.

Inaba and the lesbian class rep are the best characters so far. ^^

Dresden

Jinrui - 03

Manga stuff would've been funny as a five-minute skit, not a whole episode. Liked where it went though. Noticeably shabbier than the last two episodes.

• really, the only monument we could ever have as a species
    6tDBrl.jpg
  • dot, dot, dot
    GtYgwl.jpg

Narag

Kokoro Connect 2

A definite step up from the first episode, but this needs more funny bodyswap hijinks and less philosophizing about identity.

Inaba and the lesbian class rep are the best characters so far. ^^

I want awkward encounters between the body swapped as they learn each orher's deepest secrets. A guy can dream.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
I want awkward encounters between the body swapped as they learn each orher's deepest secrets. A guy can dream.

Yeah, that's like the whole point of bodyswap stuff along with extra yaoi/yuri, there beginning to fall behind in those regards. :(

Joule

Kokoro Connect 2:
This episode sold the body swapping a lot better than the first episode for sure. Had a good amount of fun with it. It does feel like the series will make good use of the gimmick to compliment the character interactions from this episode. I'm looking forward to see what happens after Inaba's provocation while in Taichi's body. The 'deep' moment was kind of weird though (shot of the train passing with the over top view seemed odd to me somehow).

That the whole reason behind these strange events is some
god or alien figure just dicking around with people is a nice change of pace.
That very dissonant cut (what with everything else being rainbows and smiles) in the OP with Goto looking all dead eyes makes sense now.

I'm also really liking the segue into the ED from the preview. Dat musical synchronization. Also all I could think of when reading the title at the end of the ED (which is apparently the name of the first novel in the series):
CsKaE.jpg

You have to be a little random to beat Hitokage! #AlexValle

duckroll

Hyouka - Episode 13

bLe9G.jpg

Wow, this is a real surprise. After last week's great episode, I was kinda dreading that it would drop significantly in quality again like the previous arc, but NO! It's just as good! FUN! No dumb mysteries! Colorful! Varied! Emotional! Kyoto Animation is going for the KILLER BLOW this time. This cultural festival arc has everything it takes to be a legend in anime! I hope they keep this up, and I hope this lasts for a few more episodes!

I loved the new OP too, really creative and great play on the events and mindset of the characters in the series so far. Excellent direction!

I felt really sad for Mayaka at the end of the episode, I almost cried. I've found myself in similar situations in the past where I talk stuff up and get really excited about sharing something with friends, only discover that I'm unable to find the thing I want to share when I'm at home. I hope she pulls through! >_<

Arcana Famiglia 03
1N6cf.gif

By the law of most accidental cop-feels, sneak a peeks, relative touching proximity, Liberta will probably win.

zzzz. Yeah, not a good episode. There's not even that much otome action going on either let alone actual action. Last week was cat hunters, this week is child care. And next week, looks like everyone is being merchants. Playing as the boring classes is never really fun guys.

cajunator

Banned
Well, after that adventure, it's time to go back to the grind.

Haibane Renmei 2

... in which nothing happens.

This episode was mostly dedicated to telling Rakka and the viewer about how the town works, and how the Haibane live. There are all these odd and rather arbitrary rules set up, but I guess that's just how things are. I like that guy in the thrift shop.

Things are progressing pretty slowly. Even with all the dialogue, I feel like the only characters with any depth so far are Rakka and Reki. The other Haibane in the main cast are basically archetypes.

I'm glad I'm watching this a week at a time, because I don't think two episodes in succession would be able to hold my attention all the way through. Like this, it's just enough.

I'd either like something to actually happen, or I'd like to get to know the other characters better.

Awesome! I hope you enjoy my favorite animu series. Haibane Renmei is more about how you interpet it though. It purposefully leaves some things unanswered, because in a way it is about faith and personal belief.

Incessant use of "mono no aware". Same with :cajun and what Cajunator can't shut up about.

Hey man, we like what we like. I need good escapism to offset the stress from work. Cute does the trick. I am rarely ever depressed.

Scrapped Princess FIN:

Show went crazy, I was just looking for some fantasy action.

I loved it, BONES mecha and all

Scrapped Princess is fantastic. Great music, great setting, great story, and Bones goes all BONES with it. Plus it came with some nifty figurines.

Haibane Renmei 2

Now that Rakka has recovered from sprouting her wings, it is time for her to explore this unfamiliar location and learn more of life as a Haibane. Her environment is being built a little at a time. It even introduces a
forbidden gate
. Oooooo. Also a crow shows up,
referencing back to her birth dream
. Aaaaah.

All in all, it was a world building episode. This wasn't going to be escaped, especially in an odd society like that of the Haibane. The one thrift store they went to in town expanded on the general Haibane/human relationship, I'm assuming. They fairly acknowledge the existence of one another, while working in conjunction for personal and societal gain.

I expect that a major character interaction will lead up for next episode. The mystery behind the
Toga and what lies beyond the walls
is something that I believe will be brought up a bit later. However, if the next episode wants to link both objectives in a single episode as an effective way to engage, it is more than welcome.

you guys are making me all happy and stuff, watching this. :Cajun :Cajun

SO MANY GIFS! Chitanda was thankfully bearable this week.

When is she not? Maybe I'm just lenient.

Seeing more people watch Haibane Renmei makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Yes. I feel even happier knowing that soon more people will be able to watch this when it gets a rerelease. I hope people pick it up! Its a really beautiful show in every way.

Actually, anime characters usually just have ears/tail for show, but with Holo they're very much a part of her. Combine that will full wolf form and she's gateway drug status.

I went furry for Holo and I don't regret a thing.

Planetes

Planetes5.jpg

started it yesterday, looks pretty interesting.

Oh, it is. another of my favorites. You'll really enjoy this one. It does some unexpected things, too.

Yellow is so cute and pure.

This show is a pleasure to watch. So self aware that it could get annoying, but it strikes that perfect balance somehow.

Does one really need more than one M16 or AK74?

Yes. Different brands and quality, and slightly different characteristics when shooting. Also, sometimes collectors will just be collectors.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Hey man, we like what we like. I need good escapism to offset the stress from work. Cute does the trick. I am rarely ever depressed.
That's OK! I just get annoyed when you start throwing "HNNNGGGH" into all your posts. Imagine if it were swapped out with "BAZINGA".

Also, I think the whole meme rests on a falsehood anyway. Cute isn't bad for your heart! Don't act like it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom