• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
That's OK! I just get annoyed when you start throwing "HNNNGGGH" into all your posts. Imagine if it were swapped out with "BAZINGA".

Also, I think the whole meme rests on a falsehood anyway. Cute isn't bad for your heart! Don't act like it is!

If cute was bad for my heart I'd be so dead right now I would be posting as a moeghost.
I have absorbed Cute like mana from heaven. It is my lifeblood.

I know what you mean about Hnng. To me now its just kind of a phrase for reaction to cute that isnt all fucked up like "moe". Hawaii sounds stupid and cute would also get tiring. I try to interject with "adorable" and "squee as fuck" sometimes. I am open to suggestions.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
In my view, words should expand thought instead of contracting it. Impress us all with your vocabulary for specific kinds and levels of cute.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Random note to self: get RightStuf to take me off of their mailing list. I'm certainly not ashamed to like anime, but receiving ads for Panty and Stocking in the actual mail is kind of embarrassing. I always kind of thought that they valued anonymity considering how generic their company name is compared to all of the SqueeJapanOtakuKawaiiDVDStore.coms of the internet, heh.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
kayos90 is stuck in SAO. Level: 46. Dies 15 months in after trying to board a train that already left.

tumblr_m6uw4kFsu61robtyu.gif

Random note to self: get RightStuf to take me off of their mailing list. I'm certainly not ashamed to like anime, but receiving ads for Panty and Stocking in the actual mail is kind of embarrassing. I always kind of thought that they valued anonymity considering how generic their company name is compared to all of the SqueeJapanOtakuKawaiiDVDStore.coms of the internet, heh.

They are showing that they care. Or they know your tastes based off your buying habits.

I wouldn't mind free postcard ads from rightstuf. :[

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So.... I did some of yalls for lulz.

duckroll is stuck in SAO. Level: 20. Dies 5 months in during a boss fight.

dresden is stuck in SAO. Level: 20. Dies 10 months in due to crappy party members.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Sword Art Online 02:

Looks like this is the big discussion series of the season, so I need to watch the episodes much sooner if I'm going to actually be able to participate in said discussion.

Anyway, fantastic animation during the
Floor 1 boss fight
, but the actions of the characters are so fucking stupid that I want to shoot the television, Elvis-style. It appears to have been discussed to death already so I won't bore anyone with redundant analysis, but I kind of get the feeling that the person behind the original LNs lacks comprehension of how actual human behavior works. It's bafflingly unrealistic.

cajunator

Banned
Rightstuf is always sending me shitloads of ads in the mail and such.
They send even more with package shipments.
I don't mind it really. they are a business. Apparently, they are doing pretty well. In many years of dealing with them I have always gotten exactly what I ordered and in good condition. In the one case where it was scratched (Squid girl) they replaced it for free.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
for lulz.
iobNWfTFyfG0D.gif

So basically the inevitable result for all of the SAO players is fan death?
Luckily for me the weather doesn't currently call for a fan.

Imagine being the poor chap who thought instead of playing the game straight away they'd start the |OT|. Forever on their own.

And I'm pretty sure I got the same result as last time. Crappy party members. Can't get rid of them.

Rightstuf is always sending me shitloads of ads in the mail and such.
They send even more with package shipments.
I don't mind it really. they are a business. Apparently, they are doing pretty well. In many years of dealing with them I have always gotten exactly what I ordered and in good condition. In the one case where it was scratched (Squid girl) they replaced it for free.

Ive never ordered from them, dont understand how people can pay for shipping in this day and age. But somehow some AMZN shipper or something was through them and thus I get that catalog every so often.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sword Art Online 02:

Looks like this is the big discussion series of the season, so I need to watch the episodes much sooner if I'm going to actually be able to participate in said discussion.

Anyway, fantastic animation during the
Floor 1 boss fight
, but the actions of the characters are so fucking stupid that I want to shoot the television, Elvis-style. It appears to have been discussed to death already so I won't bore anyone with redundant analysis, but I kind of get the feeling that the person behind the original LNs lacks comprehension of how actual human behavior works. It's bafflingly unrealistic.

I wouldn't say that they're not realistic rather these are more responsive/reactionary behaviors.

Ive never ordered from them, dont understand how people can pay for shipping in this day and age. But somehow some AMZN shipper or something was through them and thus I get that catalog every so often.

Well they do have an Amazon store, so it's basically buying from the same place.

And, never had to pay shipping from them. Though, it was basically how I was before I got Amazon Prime. Buy enough at once to pass their free shipping mark!

Horizon s2 2

It seems like I'm watching/reading a lot of anime/manga lately where someone's ability involves words/telling a story. This instance of it is particularly cool though. Hope we get to see more of it beyond the curse of Macbeth.

2nd half was mostly exposition, but it wasn't bad. Got some more development for a few of the Britain characters. Old guy seems pretty cool.

So yeah, still good. I also really like the ED.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The reality is that is the show was at all realistic that scene couldn't be shown because he would probably be shouting all the explicative under the sun and then some.

Well they do have an Amazon store, so it's basically buying from the same place.

And, never had to pay shipping from them. Though, it was basically how I was before I got Amazon Prime. Buy enough at once to pass their free shipping mark!

But theres is so inconvenient if I just want to order a $9.99 manga volume or a 30$ Naruto Shippuden disc, difficult trying to reach there 40 or so dollar limit.

cajunator

Banned

Because shipping companies have to make money....
Unless you mean why dont they pay for shipping, but they give huge discounts to begin with.

typically I buy $2-300 worth of anime at once though so the shipping doesnt matter a whole lot.

cajunator

Banned
Well the only time I ever really ordered from rightstuf was when they have their studio sales. I just make a bulk order then.

They had this crazy clearance sale once where I got like 100 discs for really cheap or something. they do insane sales sometimes. I love that damned site. I recommend them to everyone. In fact I think part of my anime obsession is their fault for making it so easy to buy. Thats where I got all of Cardcaptor Sakura Pioneer set for 80 bucks! By far the best decision I have ever made.

This sounds like I'm a rightstuf shill lol.
Trust me I don't work for them. Just really satisfied customer.
I have also bought stuff from Roberts anime store and Jlist. Some good sites around if you take the time to look.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can already sense the disappointment haha.
Pretty much!

Does that make Kumeta the Eternal Buddha? That scene of Itoshiki-sensei running past the Buddha statues in the SZS OP just got waaaaaaaaaay deep.

I dunno, I think Austria guy is hiding something.
Of all the things he could be, he's no Santana. lol

I wish to live in that world.
BAZINGA *knocks three times*

But theres is so inconvenient if I just want to order a $9.99 manga volume or a 30$ Naruto Shippuden disc, difficult trying to reach there 40 or so dollar limit.
At least you don't have to worry about reaching $150 dollars to get free shipping. Of course, it's still cheaper to buy stuff from Rightstuf with the shipping fees than it is to buy it from Canadian Amazon with free shipping. Go figure.

jman2050

Joshiraku 2

Entire show summed up in one picture.

IxPKx.png

This owned more than the first episode, all the girls own, Kumeta owns, JC Staff owns, this show owns.

Nafe

I just wanted to say thank you very much to everyone for the warm welcome. I don't think I could have asked for a better reception.

It's nice seeing so many people who are watching/fans of sailor moon. It's one of my favorite shows and I was pretty excited to hear about the new project. I should be cautiously optimistic though because I think I'm about as big a fan of the Black Rock Shooter OVA as Duckroll is,my username even comes from a character in the psp game, and the TV series turned out kind of disappointing. The action and cg in the otherworld was really good though I thought.

Welcome!

This makes for a great first impression, by the way, compared to this...

...which does not.

Certain pairings may not transfer across mediums!

Melty Blood Actress Again was in two years ago.

Yeah I spoke too soon as I haven't seen the live action show yet nor read really any of the manga. I've heard, and you've mentioned, the stories are different across the different mediums. I saw Usagi's mothers hair is kind of an orange/red in the manga where it's blue in the anime. How scandalous!

I managed to see Melty Blood and have even played a little myself. I don't know when EVO started streaming the competition but I started watching it in 2010.

Sup g.

We're really a friendly and welcoming bunch provided you're not put off by some of the awful, unspeakable things we discuss...and clearly you're not.

As I've been reading the thread for about a year and a half I feel I know many posters at least a little bit. I noticed when you were gone and Regulus Tera if you're reading I noticed your absence too. I thought it was nice to finally see Izaiyoi again in the thread after what feels like a year or something. I would be lying if I said that AnimeGaf didn't wierd me out with some conversations from time to time though.

Do you have any more shows recommendations? I already knew about Utena and really liked the show but didn't know about Angel's Egg so I managed to give it a watch. It was an interesting piece if for nothing other than it had amazing hair animation at least.

I wouldn't know. I don't watch crap.

Also Kumeta making fun of our silly gaijin eating habits

Why DO we eat rice with a fork? You'd figure we'd use a spoon at least.

People do that?

Then again, I'm asian, so I already have problems seeing the usefulness of the fork to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom