• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT| Goddesses, canines, and killer MMOs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yuru Yuri, Acchi Kocchi, and now Joshiraku. and they said anime was dead!
Its alive and kicking my ass is what it is.

*Cough* You forgot *Cough* AKB0048 *Cough* Kill Me Baby *Cough*

And as for table etiquette the correct answer is it depends on the meal.

cajunator

Banned
I just wanted to say thank you very much to everyone for the warm welcome. I don't think I could have asked for a better reception.

It's nice seeing so many people who are watching/fans of sailor moon. It's one of my favorite shows and I was pretty excited to hear about the new project. I should be cautiously optimistic though because I think I'm about as big a fan of the Black Rock Shooter OVA as Duckroll is,my username even comes from a character in the psp game, and the TV series turned out kind of disappointing. The action and cg in the otherworld was really good though I thought.

Yeah I spoke too soon as I haven't seen the live action show yet nor read really any of the manga. I've heard, and you've mentioned, the stories are different across the different mediums. I saw Usagi's mothers hair is kind of an orange/red in the manga where it's blue in the anime. How scandalous!

I managed to see Melty Blood and have even played a little myself. I don't know when EVO started streaming the competition but I started watching it in 2010.

As I've been reading the thread for about a year and a half I feel I know many posters at least a little bit. I noticed when you were gone and Regulus Tera if you're reading I noticed your absence too. I thought it was nice to finally see Izaiyoi again in the thread after what feels like a year or something. I would be lying if I said that AnimeGaf didn't wierd me out with some conversations from time to time though.

Do you have any more shows recommendations? I already knew about Utena and really liked the show but didn't know about Angel's Egg so I managed to give it a watch. It was an interesting piece if for nothing other than it had amazing hair animation at least.

Your avatar is probably my favorite picture of my favorite senshi, so you get bonus points for that anyway.
Envelope is trying to get me to marathon Sailor Moon since I only saw the DIC dubs and that doesn't count. I'm on episode 14.
I actually have some time to do this however. hopefully after tuesday I can devote some time to this worthwhile endeavor.

What other sorts of shows do you like? Genres and themes and characters types and such.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It's also an effective weapon against eldritch abominations.

Like this one?

image.php

madp

The Light of El Cantare
They are showing that they care. Or they know your tastes based off your buying habits.

I wouldn't mind free postcard ads from rightstuf. :[

My buying habits from RightStuf are pretty much the polar opposite of what they usually advertise to me, though! A lot of One Piece DVDs, random shit on clearance.

Can't be helped.

Can you elaborate why, specifically?

I wouldn't say that they're not realistic rather these are more responsive/reactionary behaviors.

Mostly, it feels like an incredibly botched attempt to depict mob mentality.

Why DO we eat rice with a fork? You'd figure we'd use a spoon at least.

It clumps together enough to use a fork, so no need to dirty a second utensil.

Nafe

There has certainly been a fair few. We've certainly had an influx of juniors before but very few of them kept up with the thread.

Well I'd like to stick around after reading for so long. I was just reading before so it didn't matter if I was 6-10 pages behind. It might be tough to post and read now. I don't know how Duckroll and Hitokage moderate, reading this thread alone feels like a full time job. Maybe they do it traffic police style and if you want to post something kind of iffy you better hope they aren't running radar at the moment.

I'm one of those "tries to read every post" type person so maybe that's why. I remember a conversation earlier where each member discussed how you went about reading the thread.

Also to firehawk I couldn't find your original post asking who was enjoying Hyouka so for what it's worth you can add me to the list of people who do. Your the big fan of Yu Kobayashi too right? Well I can join you on team Kobayashi as I'm a big fan too.

I don't think there's a seiyuu I don't like. I'm one of the ones who's always liked Chiaki Omigawa too. Hopefully I didn't lose any new fans with that one...

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Imouto Show Episode 2

This show would be a lot more interesting if the pure almost "nadeshiko" girl was actually conniving and wanted to marry him for his wealth. She seems way too damn pushy to not be.

MC needs to choose Student Council pair, but he won't.

cajunator

Banned
My buying habits from RightStuf are pretty much the polar opposite of what they usually advertise to me, though! A lot of One Piece DVDs, random shit on clearance.

I think I confuse rightstuf because I buy everything so they just send random shit like a shot in the dark.

I don't think there's a seiyuu I don't like. I'm one of the ones who's always liked Chiaki Omigawa too. Hopefully I didn't lose any new fans with that one...

OH SHIT. NAKAMA.

Sword Art Online 01

Okay, I bought into the hype. That was pretty good. I still think the other shoe will drop and turn the show into crap.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sword Art Online 01

Okay, I bought into the hype. That was pretty good. I still think the other shoe will drop and turn the show into crap.

It's better to watch it now with everyone and nitpick it to death than watch it on your own in a couple of months time while weeping into a pillow.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't know how Duckroll and Hitokage moderate, reading this thread alone feels like a full time job. Maybe they do it traffic police style and if you want to post something kind of iffy you better hope they aren't running radar at the moment.

If you break a rule, you're getting banned no matter what, but every mod is slightly different in what personally annoys them enough to warrant the threat of a ban. NeoGAF has a million unwritten rules, but I suppose that specifically regarding this thread, Hitokage has prohibited the phrase "hnnnnng" and duckroll hates lots of pictures in episode impressions.

Mob mentality? Sorry you lost me. I'm a bit confused.

People thinking as a group instead of individually. The way that
the other players turn on Kirito
resembles that sort of behavior, but the interaction between Kirito and the "mob" is so terribly-written that it loses all believability.

cajunator

Banned
Ha!

And then it gets thrown at the wall.

Even anime doesn't acknowledge the Vita.

If you break a rule, you're getting banned no matter what, but every mod is slightly different in what personally annoys them enough to warrant the threat of a ban. NeoGAF has a million unwritten rules, but I suppose that specifically regarding this thread, Hitokage has prohibited the phrase "hnnnnng" and duckroll hates lots of pictures in episode impressions.

This is true. I can personally attest to it :(

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
People thinking as a group instead of individually. The way that
the other players turn on Kirito
resembles that sort of behavior, but the interaction between Kirito and the "mob" is so terribly-written that it loses all believability.

I know what mob mentality is. I was just confused as to what context and pretense you were using the phrase. Thanks for the clear up though =)

Also, everyone was nitpicking AW in the beginning but the train has started going. Just watch. SAO is awesome. Well... at least the LN was.

This is true. I can personally attest to it :(

Lol, I will never get banned.

Nafe

Your avatar is probably my favorite picture of my favorite senshi, so you get bonus points for that anyway.
Envelope is trying to get me to marathon Sailor Moon since I only saw the DIC dubs and that doesn't count. I'm on episode 14.
I actually have some time to do this however. hopefully after tuesday I can devote some time to this worthwhile endeavor.

What other sorts of shows do you like? Genres and themes and characters types and such.

I had seen the DIC dub when I was younger but had never seen the original Japanese so I just started it for the first time last year. I've been watching it at about one episode a day, I personally don't want to marathon it. I'm actually still watching Stars for the first time right now which I think I have ten episodes left to watch. After all this time I hope the ending doesn't disappoint.

As for shows I'll pretty much watch whatever. I'm watching Smile Precure! right now, AKB0048 has been lots of fun. I'll watch mecha stuff like Gundam or Code Geass, Slice of Life...Yeah, I'll pretty much give most things at least a shot actually.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I had seen the DIC dub when I was younger but had never seen the original Japanese so I just started it for the first time last year. I've been watching it at about one episode a day, I personally don't want to marathon it. I'm actually still watching Stars for the first time right now which I think I have ten episodes left to watch. After all this time I hope the ending doesn't disappoint.

As for shows I'll pretty much watch whatever. I'm watching Smile Precure! right now, AKB0048 has been lots of fun. I'll watch mecha stuff like Gundam or Code Geass, Slice of Life...Yeah, I'll pretty much give most things at least a shot actually.
"Fighting evil by moonlight..."

survivor

Banned
I wouldn't know. I don't watch crap.

Also Kumeta making fun of our silly gaijin eating habits

Why DO we eat rice with a fork? You'd figure we'd use a spoon at least.

It actually depends. If it's from those Asian food places then the rice is generally stuck together so I can eat it with a fork. However, the one we make at home is impossible to eat with a fork so I gotta use a spoon.

Thoraxes

Yuru Yuri ♪♪ - 03

iKQzmVPu2tRp9.JPG

Simply incredible. Delivery everywhere, all goodness (i've always wanted more of those two), and my favorite character made an appearance at the end.

Also
I like Rum Raisin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom